Haswell

5th Anniversary Speculations

Mined from the PTS client.

H6Lch5r.png

Looks like a multistage grindfest, possibly spanning over 2 weeks (or 2 months). Based on the ZTQ article it's highly likely the reward will be lootboxes.

Anyone want to bet this will be an insane mess like the last anniversary (the 287) and the Christmas boxes?

Spoiler

In the last year or so, AW has shown a lot of improvement in learning from their mistakes.  So if this is going to be an anniversary event using similar mechanics to the last one (and the Christmas event), I would hope that they'd have learned and made improvements.

I'm still not willing to bet that they have, but there's at least room for hope.

Looks like 8 "Takedown" stages (don't forget that computers start counting with 0) and an easy-to-beat participation trophy mission (the "quest" in the list).

7 hours ago, knutliott said:

Looks like 8 "Takedown" stages (don't forget that computers start counting with 0) and an easy-to-beat participation trophy mission (the "quest" in the list).

Yup. But the prizes are cool :)

• Upvote 2

It says "easy objectives"... Yay!

Maybe it'll flush some life back into 5-7 Glops...? 

Maybe they'll even turn on the decent maps for T5-7?!? Pleeeeeeeeeese. 

... Maybe 

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

That sounds awfully generous and easy, will there a twist to it?

If it is indeed as simple as it sounds, then it might not be so bad. Assuming people don't go "reeee where's my box" like last time.

Spoiler

No real twist. It's basically an anniversary giveaway that requires you to play. Something could ofc break but they tested it for weeks now so let's hope for the best.

• Upvote 2

It seems bad to me that I find this kinda shocking.  I'm happy that it'll be relatively easy to do as I'm feeling a bit of burn out from the BP and like raid upcoming.  Too many grindy events will burn out more and more peeps

2 hours ago, Azdule said:

I'm happy that it'll be relatively easy to do as I'm feeling a bit of burn out from the BP and like raid upcoming.  Too many grindy events will burn out more and more peeps

Then don't grind them.  Seriously.  I've basically completed Enigma's Legacy by just playing more-or-less normally for me, with the only real changes being 1) when I do play, play to complete whatever EL objectives I have available at that time, and 2) plan an occasional 2-hour play session so that I can use a BC Booster.

Now I'll grant that I've spent ~$80 and 12k Gold on the event (most of the gold went toward skipping the normal dailies/weeklies that I didn't want or couldn't do - the weeklies are 350 gold to skip), but based on the amount of excess BC I'm accumulating I didn't even need to do all of that.  I have about 35k excess BC now (and will likely have 40k+ by the time the event ends) and all I can spend those on are Hunter crates.

It's perfectly possible - and reasonable - to just buy into the Battle Path on the cheap and then see how far you get.  My original intent was just to get the Pindad and the 3 camos (total required: level 36, no mission chains, no Hunter boxes) but I've done much, much better than that without doing anything that I would consider "grinding."