Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

In Development: ZTQ-15

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-ztq-15

In Armored Warfare, ZTQ-15 will be a Tier 9 Premium Light Tank, the second such vehicle of this Tier, class and origin right next to the older VT-5 Premium LT. Naturally, any prospective buyer will inevitably end up comparing both vehicles, which is especially relevant given the Update 0.33 high-Tier gameplay overhaul.

scr3

Click the image to open a larger version

All in all, since both vehicles originate from roughly the same roots, they look, just like in real life, roughly the same. Both are relatively highly mobile vehicles featuring adequate armor and an advanced 105mm rifled cannon. There are, however, some interesting differences.

The ZTQ-15 will be somewhat better protected than the VT-5 at the expense of a bit of mobility. Its frontal turret and hull areas will be covered by ERA (improved during the Update 0.33 overhaul), which adds to its survivability. Please note that its sides will not be protected this way and will offer a tempting target to anything more powerful than the lightest of autocannons. On the other hand, the ZTQ-15 will come with a hard-kill APS and a considerable pool of hitpoints, making it, as Light Tanks go, quite durable.

scr4

The mobility will be considerable thanks to the ZTQ’s low weight of 33 tons and its 883hp diesel engine. Fully unlocked, this vehicle will have the maximum speed of 85 km/h and will speed up nicely, although not as well as the VT-5 – its acceleration will be roughly 10 percent lower compared to the other Chinese Tier 9 Light Tank. But, unlike the VT-5, this vehicle will feature an active suspension, allowing you to tilt your hull in order to use cover better and to make it easier to take aim.

scr5

Thanks to it, the gun will have the elevation and depression values of +18/-8 degrees. Speaking of firepower, it will consist of an automatically loaded 105mm rifled cannon, similar in performance to the one used by the VT-5, including the ability to use gun-launched ATGMs. Since the ZTQ-15 is the tank officially adopted by the Chinese military, it will have access to more modern ammunition, which will be reflected by its better penetration values and HE performance. And last but not least, the vehicle will feature good viewrange (455 meters) and camouflage (26 percent).

In summation, the ZTQ-15 Light Tank will be a more than viable alternative to the VT-5, offering some unique gameplay of its own thanks to its different armor layout and the presence of an adjustable suspension. It will be a perfect vehicle for the players who prefer fast-paced gameplay, hunting down enemy AFVs and flanking a MBT assault in order to get to aim at the vulnerable parts of battle tank armor.

scr6

With some luck, you’ll be able to get your hands on this vehicle during an upcoming anniversary event. We

Ref older thread:

Based on data uncovered on the PTS client, the ZTQ will almost definitely be a lootbox vehicle. Since this article mentioned it may be available for the upcoming anniversary event, I reckon the event will be yet another grindfest that will reward you with said lootboxes.

H6Lch5r.png

v1AeFRf.png

Spoiler

TL;DR

Power creep is alive and well!  ZTQ-15 has better armor, better firepower, better agility (hydraulic suspension), and is only 10% worse in mobility (accel/top speed).

Yeah, that seems like a fair trade. :classic_huh:

Hmm. Nice tank, anticipating mad scramble for ZTQ parts. Then everyone will play it at the same time, with MM pairing them with ZTQ rental tanks. Still better than platoon o' Pindads.

I wonder if they will let us trade parts in battalion so at least somebody will have it if we can donate resources.

Hope the timing / challenges are something that gives most players a shot at the prizes. Still annoyed that I couldn't get on PTS after downloading the whole package.

QR

I have enjoyed the hell out of the VT-5.  Issue is that the tank itself needs to be dialed down a bit or moved up to tier 10 in my opinion.

I don't know how the ZTQ would work because at tier 9 the light tank pool is in a bit of a rough spot.  While anything extra will help the lack of variety and ability overall makes them fall into the ~meh~ category.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

I had a real crazy thought not all too long ago about the ZTQ:

Is it even ready yet?  What are the stats on it?

With the tragedy that is other wise known at 0.33, I would suspect that it isn't even close to being released.

It's the crate vehicle from the event, so realistically most people won't be able to get it until basically the end of the event.  Most people are going to need that last batch of 35 crates to have any chance at all, and my guess is that there will be a lot of people who still don't get it even with all 50 crates.  Some few very lucky people could get it as soon as Oct 1 - they'll be the ones who luck out and get a full vehicle drop from one of their first 5 crates.

I suspect that they'll sell crates after the event for the people who didn't get it out of the 50 they earned during the event.

But anyway, that means the vehicle pretty much has to be done already because it's theoretically possible for people to get it as soon as the crates start dropping in 10 more days.

Oddly enough, was platooned with someone last night who said that they already had the BVP M-80A.  That shouldn't have been possible - you can't have completed the requisite number of missions until about an hour from now.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

It's the crate vehicle from the event

I know that it is the vehicle from the event, however given the track record that the devs have, my question circles around that I don't even think that they have the vehicle ready for release.

Some bonus HEAT damage - bug ?

image.png.07d825cf7354a2c65b95948c14ec202d.png

Anders Tier 9 LT 120 mm (vs 105 mm) with similar pen - similar damage, no bonus

image.png.4916eb90ea4a25ce0e80c8077021bbac.png

58 minutes ago, dfnce said:

Some bonus HEAT damage - bug ?

image.png.07d825cf7354a2c65b95948c14ec202d.png

Anders Tier 9 LT 120 mm (vs 105 mm) with similar pen - similar damage, no bonus

image.png.4916eb90ea4a25ce0e80c8077021bbac.png

From what I'm seeing, the data field for it was not updated to the 0.33 standards.