Silentstalker

AW: Which way to go?

What would you do?  

44 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would you do?

• Tune the game more towards PvP (that is, competitive gameplay at the expense of PvE content)
    • Make the game continue the way it is now, a bit of a mix of both PvP and PvE
    • Tune the game more towards PvE (that is, more PvE content at the expense of PvP one)

Personally, I'd suggest that the only reason she is so currently meta is because she's the only thing *like* that.  If you added a range of unique skills, I think you'd see a lot more diversity.  I don't think it's as much Ophelia being overpowered, as it is there being nothing even close to like her abilities in the game.  If you added *more* unique and interesting commander-specific capabilities, I think you'd see her becoming significantly less meta simply by dint of there *being* other equally unique and game-changing options.

6 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

Personally, I'd suggest that the only reason she is so currently meta is because she's the only thing *like* that.

100% agree

I don't think it's as much Ophelia being overpowered

I have to disagree, sorry. It's her uniqueness, and her OPness that ruins everything

.. If you added *more* unique and interesting commander-specific capabilities...

I believe this might be the workaround that @Silentstalker
mentioned somewhere. I worry that there will be some sort of "OPhelia-lite" commander that is available, for gold, for example, meaning this particular power is no longer technically "pay to win" since you can get it somehow, through another commander. If this is the case, it will do nothing but mean everyone will use one or the other.

If they introduce more commanders with just as crazy powers, what are the chances that these powers will also be unbalance-able, and mode ruining, considering the mess made by introducing OPhelia? They'd have to be sooooo careful the new commanders aren't going to make the others not worth playing, by comparison as well... And most importantly, check every new power, paired with every possible tank, paired with every possible mode, and MAKE SURE the OPhelia mess isn't repeated.

And to be honest, since the whole recent update thing has been about reducing power creep, introducing a new wave of Commander-power-creep...  :-(

The real cure for OPhelia, is make her power once per match, and you'd have to activate it. Fixed. Done. It's not really hard to figure this out, or to code it.

Edited by Lenticulas
Why not (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."