Edit History

reciprocate

reciprocate

23 hours ago, Norse_Viking said:

If it wasnt for GLOPS mode I wouldnt be playing AW. Burnt out on standard PVP long ago, now I only do some pvp mathces for achivement camo rewards. PVE is entertaining once in awhile. But PVE alone would not keep me here.

I have always felt that GLOPS actually lets you play vehicles in their intended way compare to PVP(Aka follow the lemming train or your dead). The large maps lets the scouts do their job, supporting the tds and others. Its a fluid game mode, full of action and no battle feels the same.

As for GLOPS being a pain to balance, atleast start with limiting the freaking mt-lbs, paindads, leclercs t40s, cattbs, 490s and marders just to mention a few. Do not let a platoon team up in glops with 3 cattbs, 3mt-lbs and etc. 

And I have to say do some solid testing of vehicles and commanders before they get released into the wild. Most of the worst problems we see with 'balance' today can be related to this.

BTW I would not miss the wildcards in GLOPS if they get removed.

I won't make excuses for them, but I see this type of development ideology in Path of Exile. Some overpowered set of mechanics interacting with certain items becomes available and people exploit the crap out of it leading to a "development manifesto" as Grinding Gear Games likes to call it which is just code for: "We're going to nerf stuff since we didn't expect our playerbase and community to exploit the crap out of it." That would've been noticed if there were more people testing things internally and they had a larger set of players reporting such matters before every 3 or so months when a new league/major content patch drops onto the game.

The same can be said here for AW where just about every Battle Path Tier 10 final reward vehicle is more or less some semblance of power creep. I actually regret I didn't fork over the $ to get OPhelia. I'm glad she's finally getting addressed, but even if she doesn't get directly nerfed, she's still made enough money for them to warrant keeping her untouched.

I hate the fact game companies do this, release barely tested content that seems invariably overpowered and gate it behind some form of pay mechanics, then nerf it or tone it down after awhile, but still has a clear advantage in power over many other changes equivalent to it's tier.

reciprocate

reciprocate

23 hours ago, Norse_Viking said:

If it wasnt for GLOPS mode I wouldnt be playing AW. Burnt out on standard PVP long ago, now I only do some pvp mathces for achivement camo rewards. PVE is entertaining once in awhile. But PVE alone would not keep me here.

I have always felt that GLOPS actually lets you play vehicles in their intended way compare to PVP(Aka follow the lemming train or your dead). The large maps lets the scouts do their job, supporting the tds and others. Its a fluid game mode, full of action and no battle feels the same.

As for GLOPS being a pain to balance, atleast start with limiting the freaking mt-lbs, paindads, leclercs t40s, cattbs, 490s and marders just to mention a few. Do not let a platoon team up in glops with 3 cattbs, 3mt-lbs and etc. 

And I have to say do some solid testing of vehicles and commanders before they get released into the wild. Most of the worst problems we see with 'balance' today can be related to this.

BTW I would not miss the wildcards in GLOPS if they get removed.

I won't make excuses for them, but I see this type of development ideology in Path of Exile. Some overpowered set of mechanics interacting with certain items becomes available and people exploit the crap out of it leading to a "development manifesto" as Grinding Gear Games likes to call it which is just code for: "We're going to nerf stuff since we didn't expect our playerbase and community to exploit the crap out of it." That would've been noticed if there were more people testing things internally and they had a larger set of players reporting such matters before every 3 or so months when a new league/major content patch drops onto the game.

The same can be said here for AW where just about every Battle Path Tier 10 final reward vehicle is more or less some semblance of power creep. I actually regret I didn't fork over the $ to get OPhelia. I'm glad she's finally getting addressed, but even if she doesn't get directly nerfed, she's still made enough enough money for them to warrant keeping her untouched.