Sign in to follow this  
Flavio93Zena

Best kindness episode

As the title says, I've had (as many of you, probably) a painful lot of negative aspects but surely enough I tend to remember the positive ones since overall I'm a rather positive guy (believe it or not) :D

So I want to know what was the best episode of kindness you've seen/witnessed/experienced coming from a completely random player you did not know. I'll start, of course.

I'll never forget a battle where I was in a Sphinx on Raiding Party (yes, I know, bad pick, whatever), I was doing more than twice everyone else, more than 10 times the other useless crap Sphinx player on team. Final cap triggers, I even go for secondary because monkaSpeed, and... Disaster strikes. I hit a pebble, spin, crash into some stupid building with a piece of metal at an angle and believe it or not it manages to lift all 4 wheels off the ground...
From an easy (not really but heh) win, it becomes a guaranteed loss since none of the teammates were good/fast enough to finish the final cap... Then suddenly... The other "useless crap" Sphinx, who was doing absolutely nothing (about 2/3k dmg tops), went across nearly the whole map and came to rescue me after I pinged a few times and pressed F7. Since he was a Sphinx, it took a solid minute of good effort to even manage to set me free (I was stuck darn well), a minute he just threw away to save me, filthy greedy unicum that was only thinking "F that useless crap bot" from the start.
Not gonna lie I almost cried, it was a moving scene, as silly as it sounds. This really bad player helping me, despite all I thought about him and he didn't know. It completely changed the way I see bad players since then.
And, of course, after I was free I went on to win the final cap and the mission, finishing top on the team with this poor soul finishing last... But HE won that battle too, and he was as important as me, for what he did.

Note: it wasn't an inactive bastard btw, just bad at shooting/positioning.

Funny thing I observe is that the people who usually try to free me when I happen to get stuck in a PVE match have cyrillyc names. 

On the other hand there are lots of german players, with fancy german flags on their tanks, who constantly blame the russians for everything. But when it comes to a little "teamplay" drive right past me not even bothering to free me. 

If anyone requests help to get unstuck I usually try to help, of course within reason. Apart from being stuck I sometimes have good teamplay in some PVP lategame situations. Really nice when people actually communicate to coordinate their actions and win the game.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

I've had a few players in randoms that I don't know from Adam, often with Cyrillic names as well, perform amazingly well.  One of the more impressive I saw was a 640 (pre armor nerf, when it still had the robust turret) rocking back and forth in front of a half-researched VBR (no APS yet) on Phalanx that was down in that treeline at the bottom of the cliff, trying to spot for the team.  I thought he was trolling the VBR and shot-blocking for a minute, but when I looked closer, he was body-blocking for the dude.  He'd shove up and let the shots shower on his turret, then back just long enough for the VBR to loose all four missiles, then push up again.  Was friggin well-done coordination, and they weren't in a platoon.  So they must have just figured it out on the fly.  Was impressive to see, and they both came away with a darn good score.

• Upvote 1

Good one! Thanks both!
I generally do that kind of stuff if it doesn't cost me hp. If it may cost me hp then it depends on who I am covering for, mode, tanks involved... If it's someone that I know to be good I'll most likely do it without thinking too much, otherwise I may "evaluate" that a bit further :classic_biggrin:
Last one was in a previous battle, Type 10 platoonmate (no comms) with super low hp but kinda vital for capping and firepower, parked my CATTB heavily angled in front of him to eat T15 missiles (none of which pen'd, correct angle + APS) and successfully saved him :classic_cool: