Sign in to follow this  
Crossfader

C1 Ariete dead end ??

So i recently restarted playing after 4 years, and already had the C1 unlocked. So i decided to grind it out since its was about half way done, finished it today and surprise surprise, i had never noticed that it didn't have a tier 9 token and or lead to any other tank (about 50k free exp gone, nice).

Is their any plans to add a token/any sort of progress, kinda feel screwed over, especially since it isn't a particularly enjoyable tank (the Italien's seem to have made the armor out of ammo racks) and would have rather spent time grinding literally anything else.....

Yeah its a road to nowhere, only way to get the T9 Lec is by going thru the VCAC milk truck, i honestly thought i'd never make it, but ended up really enjoying the VCAC, it is a long grind thou, but worth it, 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Crossfader said:

So i recently restarted playing after 4 years

Welcome back! We hope you decide to stay ;)

i had never noticed that it didn't have a tier 9 token and or lead to any other tank (about 50k free exp gone, nice).

It was previously located in Shishkin's British MBT line, a strange Italian outlier in a line dominated by Chieftains and Challengers. It was moved to De Laroche's lines when she was added to AW as a dealer (along with the OF-40).

It wasn't a particularly good vehicle before, and it is still very lackluster in the current meta. However, since you already had the Ariete unlocked, purchased and [partially] grinded, you should've automatically received it's replacement, the Al-Hussein, fully renowned for free. The Al-Hussein should have a tier 9 unlock token available to use within Shishkin's tree.

Is their any plans to add a token/any sort of progress, kinda feel screwed over, especially since it isn't a particularly enjoyable tank (the Italien's seem to have made the armor out of ammo racks) and would have rather spent time grinding literally anything else.....

Unfortunately not. 

Aside from the aforementioned unlock token now found on the Al-Hussein, there are few (if any) incentives to play/grind the C1 Ariete. I would definitely agree that it is not a pleasant experience, especially due to the lackluster armour (which is quite underwhelming especially for a MBT); but it's not a particularly great vehicle IRL either (not sure why it's placed at tier 8 in-game TBH).

The C1 is likely the worst MBT currently fielded by a NATO power. The hull lacks composite armor, with the small UFP simply consisting of two spaced steel plates, while the UFP is a mere 50mm of RHe. Its only saving grace (which also applies in-game) is its main 120mm smoothbore gun, which can fire standardized NATO 120mm ammunition.