Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

New HE mechanics coming?

Just bits and rumors.

U53ik3H.png

Es35G8R.png

This could possibly be related to the now-fixed nuke shells on the 99A2 and 99A2-140.

tOnKv60.png

Speculations? I'm thinking changes in module/crew damage, in that their actual damage will be lower but deal high module and crew damage to compensate.

Spoiler

Part of me thinks there won't be a change to HE mechanics coming, however with .33 PTS stage 1 SS did mention something about 'Oh maybe the HE changes got put in, they shouldn't be there' type thing...

If they did change HE to be more damaging to components / crew on non-penning shots, then it could take the place of PISH / HESH as this is what it's designed to do - flatten on armor, exploded, but not penning, but spraying the inside of the tank with shrapnel from the tanks internal armor.

Mmm.  Strange this this happened at the same time as the T-15 & Sphinx HE auto cannon shells got whacked out of the game / because Epic tier because they are purple...

As long as they bother to explain it thoroughly and properly I'm all in for this. Kind of a blackbox right now.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

HE changes were intended for the initial 0.33 rebalance too originally, but we didn't get them to work on time. Right now they are being tested I think (as in, several variants, not PTS level), so maybe nothing will come of it.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:43 PM, Silentstalker said:

HE changes were intended for the initial 0.33 rebalance too originally, but we didn't get them to work on time. Right now they are being tested I think (as in, several variants, not PTS level), so maybe nothing will come of it.

Is it possible that there can be a 2nd set of testers for this?  Afaik there are only Russian super testers, which sure we can join, but have to speak Russian to do so.  Might be a good idea to have some more players testing this out across the board?

On 10/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, Azdule said:

Is it possible that there can be a 2nd set of testers for this?  Afaik there are only Russian super testers, which sure we can join, but have to speak Russian to do so.  Might be a good idea to have some more players testing this out across the board?

Honestly? I don't think so. Russian is pretty much mandatory. We tried this actually, for the K2 Black Panther patch, with Flavio and a few other guys. They wrote extensive reports, which in turn got either partially ignored or the stuff/bugs in them didn't get fixed, everyone got pissed... fun stuff. That really, REALLY didn't help.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:39 PM, Azdule said:

From my ST experience with WG, the biggest reason why it is preferred for testers and devs to speak the same language is the language barrier. Just as EN devs don't want to deal with torrents of French or German feedback during testing, RU devs don't want to deal with a language they aren't familiar with. It's a major hassle to translate feedback as they trickle in, and there's also the subconscious bias of trusting people who speak the same language more than those who don't.

Also remember that tester groups have to be somewhat representative of the entire playerbase in terms of skill, experience and interests. Stacking the group with highly skilled and experienced testers will result in very high-level feedback, but not necessarily representative of the much larger, less experienced portion of the playerbase. The testers may absolutely adore vehicles with low skill floor and high skill ceiling, but they may end up being way to difficult for your average pubbie to perform decently in.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Haswell said:

From my ST experience with WG, the biggest reason why it is preferred for testers and devs to speak the same language is the language barrier. Just as EN devs don't want to deal with torrents of French or German feedback during testing, RU devs don't want to deal with a language they aren't familiar with. It's a major hassle to translate feedback as they trickle in, and there's also the subconscious bias of trusting people who speak the same language more than those who don't.

Also remember that tester groups have to be somewhat representative of the entire playerbase in terms of skill, experience and interests. Stacking the group with highly skilled and experienced testers will result in very high-level feedback, but not necessarily representative of the much larger, less experienced portion of the playerbase. The testers may absolutely adore vehicles with low skill floor and high skill ceiling, but they may end up being way to difficult for your average pubbie to perform decently in.

True I suppose.  It's annoying that we can't offer more over the super test stuff, only when it comes out and we point out issues with things that could have been spotted before, but that's the way of it - understand the reasoning behind it