Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks

AW 2 man heroic ch 1-4 is possible (with cursed players)

This is so retarded, I love it.

You guys got excellent RNG on the bots spawns though, barely any T-15s on caps 1 and 2 so you could afford to push a lot more aggressively.

Edit: you two got famous :D https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/community-highlight-two-man-heroic

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

I thought they would have problems finishing chapter 2 with only 2 players, but it seems like speed is the key when entering the city. I especialy liked that he just drove straight up to the first 'commander' and unloaded the autocannon in the back. Before the area gets swamped with Ai tanks. 

I watch those videos and I just can't believe what's going on.  You guys pulled off things that I cannot do, and I don't mean "skillful" things.  I mean that in exactly the same positions, I'd get raped by auto-pen enemies. every. damn. time.

I don't mean that to discredit your skill in any way - you're both very, very good.  It's just that the bots aren't doing things to you that they do to me in every game.  In numerous places throughout the first video, I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.  No question.  At the first cap after the initial contact when one of the players charges around the corner to the right, straight into 3-4 enemies?  Dead.  Insta-dead.  No fucking way I'd survive trying that.  It's so beaten into me that I panicked and tried to back up while watching the video, then felt despair that I was going to die, then felt incredulous when that T-15 not just survived but did so basically unscathed.  W. T. F???

In all seriousness, are we absolutely sure that your stats don't somehow affect the bots' performance against you in a match? 

Most of my stats are good, but not make-you-look-twice good.  Win rate 91.8, survival rate 95.4, firing efficiency 11.5, defense efficiency 2.28, damage per match 15.5k, kills per match 9, spots per match 10.  Pretty normal "good but not awesome" numbers.  But my Battle Efficiency is 197, which is pretty awesome, and I sometimes get the feeling that it affects bots.  They gang-bang me even when they're already engaged before I show up.  They follow me with their guns even when I'm not spotted and behind hard cover while being shot in the ass by one of my teammates.  I'm basically forced to play extremely conservatively in a support role to avoid being wiped from the map as soon as the first bots are encountered.

And then I watch these videos and my reaction is that this simply isn't possible.  I understand the maps, I understand the positioning, I understand all of the tactics being used... that's just not how the bots react when I'm in the match.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, knutliott said:

I watch those videos and I just can't believe what's going on.  You guys pulled off things that I cannot do, and I don't mean "skillful" things.  I mean that in exactly the same positions, I'd get raped by auto-pen enemies. every. damn. time.

I don't mean that to discredit your skill in any way - you're both very, very good.  It's just that the bots aren't doing things to you that they do to me in every game.  In numerous places throughout the first video, I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.  No question.  At the first cap after the initial contact when one of the players charges around the corner to the right, straight into 3-4 enemies?  Dead.  Insta-dead.  No fucking way I'd survive trying that.  It's so beaten into me that I panicked and tried to back up while watching the video, then felt despair that I was going to die, then felt incredulous when that T-15 not just survived but did so basically unscathed.  W. T. F???

In all seriousness, are we absolutely sure that your stats don't somehow affect the bots' performance against you in a match? 

Most of my stats are good, but not make-you-look-twice good.  Win rate 91.8, survival rate 95.4, firing efficiency 11.5, defense efficiency 2.28, damage per match 15.5k, kills per match 9, spots per match 10.  Pretty normal "good but not awesome" numbers.  But my Battle Efficiency is 197, which is pretty awesome, and I sometimes get the feeling that it affects bots.  They gang-bang me even when they're already engaged before I show up.  They follow me with their guns even when I'm not spotted and behind hard cover while being shot in the ass by one of my teammates.  I'm basically forced to play extremely conservatively in a support role to avoid being wiped from the map as soon as the first bots are encountered.

And then I watch these videos and my reaction is that this simply isn't possible.  I understand the maps, I understand the positioning, I understand all of the tactics being used... that's just not how the bots react when I'm in the match.

i uh have worse stats than you, so its  not a stats problem

rather the AI does have prioritization routines
so if they arent being shot at, they will tend to shoot at the first/closest thing they see

ScreenShot0044.jpg

Edited by Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks (see edit history)

In my turn, i wonder what happens with present way of doing glorified PvE stuff on PvE-imbecile imbalanced  T-15 which is announced to be nerfed (soon). 

17 hours ago, Tired_needs_Nrg_Drinks said:

i uh have worse stats than you, so its  not a stats problem

Actually, that's kind of exactly what I was getting at.  Your stats are worse than mine, so the bots don't treat you the same way they treat me.

Note that I don't believe that stats are a very good indicator of how good a player actually is.  They're pretty easy to manipulate, and in some cases are just straight-up worthless.  (Accuracy, I'm talking about you.)  So despite what our compared stats look like, I think you're clearly a better player than I am.  But if the bots think that I'm better because my stats are better, do they treat me differently?  "Play harder" against me than they do against you?

I love watching these videos and I think it's super cool that you guys were able to pull this off... but I'm also just amazed at how differently the bots behave in those games than they do in mine.  Or at least it seems like they behave differently.