Sign in to follow this  
dfnce

User-made PvE mssions

I encountered two videos from WT - one of them featured the custom-made polygon and another was pve mission, with infantry.  I wonder if it is possible to change Testing Ground data in AW ? It seems totally locally instanced, so it doesn't need to be connected to game server.

• Upvote 1

I'm not really into the cryengine stuff, so I can't tell you how to do it/if it's possible.

There are two problems that come into my mind:

• The missions would be single player basically as I do not see a way to play with teammates in this closed environment.
  • As it does not interact with the server in any way I doubt you'll be able to implement moving/shooting bots and enemy infantry. I assume that their behaviour and action is calculated and executed server-side.

WT has a specific mission editor for such missions which is available to the players. So apart from the above mentioned concerns I think it could be a major pain to "assemble" such a mission without the appropriate tools for it.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

That feature was amazing in City of Heroes / City of Villains, but as you can probably guess it was abused pretty heavily when it was initially released.  Once the devs got some regulation tools in place so that you couldn't design super-easy high-XP missions to power-level your characters, the creativity started to flow and the players created some really incredible missions.

That said, the CoH/CoV feature was based on the very tools that the devs used to create missions in the first place, so it wasn't that difficult for them to modify those tools for use by players.  I get the feeling that AW missions are basically built by hand from scratch every time, so it would be a massive undertaking to provide a user-created mission feature.

Also, CoH/CoV maps were modular so it was much easier to create a custom map for a custom mission.  You might be restricted to existing AW maps for a feature like this, which would make the feature less appealing.