Lenticulas

T9 Mbt to choose ? ... (for Glops)

I am thinking about getting a progression T9 MBT for Glops.

At the moment, I have an unlock token from the Al Hussein, M1128, and the VBR, which if I've got it right, gets me:

• Chally 2 (I like the Chally I)
  • T90-MS
  • LEO 2A6 (heard good things about this)
  • Abrams M1A2C

the others theoretically within reach, but definitely not right this second, are:

• Type 99a (I'm halfway through theT99)
  • Leclerc (I'm about 15% into the VCAC, but still, it's somewhat on the table)

I don't have anything realistically within reach, from the Israeli line at all, or US line to get me the TTB

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

You planning on doing heroic SO's some time in the future with mbt's?

Get the chally 2 and 90ms... then get the t-14 and ATDU from them.

Imo get the Leclerc ASAP if you want to have a good time. By far the best progression t9 mbt. Furthermore it's also very heroics capable, I did my first heroics runs in this... 

1 hour ago, itzjustrick said:

Imo get the Leclerc ASAP if you want to have a good time. By far the best progression t9 mbt. Furthermore it's also very heroics capable, I did my first heroics runs in this...

errr welll that's unfortunately the one farthest away from my fingers, at the moment :-(
... I can have the Chally 2 right this second... hmmm

BUT of course, it does unlock the super-breechblock upgrade ... somehow.

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

34 minutes ago, Lenticulas said:

.. I can have the Chally 2 right this second... hmmm

Hmm for glops you said right? I wouldn't take such a slow beast as the chally 2 then... (Note I don't own either the ms or chally2) so I guess the 90ms would be better then... And furthermore the 90ms is pretty heroics capable iirc 

2 hours ago, itzjustrick said:

Hmm for glops you said right? I wouldn't take such a slow beast as the chally 2 then...

The Chally I, I have played in glops, and it is SO slow, it's "OMG rip my hair out this is boring slow" - and I really like fast vehicles ... But, but, but... when I eventually get to the cap point in the Chally, it gets captured, and 62 tons of immovable British steel means it usually stays captured. So weirdly, I've done really well in glops with it.?!?!?! - so i don't know.

maybe are there some really bad ones to avoid? and ill randomly pick one of ther others?

i don't know anything about heroics. so i can't comment.

Challi and T90 are both good choices, Leo isn't bad either, the US MBT's are a bit meh, how are your finances, you have 3 unlock tokens, but how many creds? if you can afford 1= go the T90 2=T90 and Chally 3=why are we having this convo? if your halfway thru the Type99 you should have enough creds for the 99A by the time you get the token for it , 15% thru the VCAC milk truck means you have a lot of battles before you reach the T9 Lec, 94 battles has me at 77% thru the grind, i really hated it, but now really enjoy it, *****M advice is coming from a PVE perspective not a GLOPs or PVP one*****

4 hours ago, Travlla said:

Challi and T90 are both good choices, Leo isn't bad either, the US MBT's are a bit meh, how are your finances, you have 3 unlock tokens, but how many creds? if you can afford 1= go the T90 2=T90 and Chally 3=why are we having this convo? if your halfway thru the Type99 you should have enough creds for the 99A by the time you get the token for it , 15% thru the VCAC milk truck means you have a lot of battles before you reach the T9 Lec, 94 battles has me at 77% thru the grind, i really hated it, but now really enjoy it, *****M advice is coming from a PVE perspective not a GLOPs or PVP one*****

It's slightly complicated, i have too much to choose from:

I have >T9 unlock tokens from:

1. The Al Hussein - which gets me 1 of: Chally II/T90ms - I've either got all the rest of Shishkin's T9 stuff, or it doesn't need an unlock (T249 vigilante)

I have Wolfi Unlocks from:

2. VBR &

3. M1128 Striker - this gets me 2 of: Draco/Leo 2A6/M1A2C, I've got all the rest of Wolfi's T9, but not the TTB without the Playing through All the T6,7,8 Abrams (I have none of these)

As you say, ther's no way round grinding through the other 2: Batgirl's Leclerc, or Bruce Lee's T99

I was playing the tanks a bit on Alabino, and they are all pretty similar just to drive around and shoot, stock.

Credits aren't a problem.

Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking: "Lenticulas you silly person, why don't you just buy the lot" well I don't know, but I have LOADS of tanks and I just can't play all the ones i have at the moment ... Oh You are probably right.

I play PVE almost exclusively.

I like the Leclerc, can't go wrong with 60 rounds for the main gun that reloads faster than most T9 MBT's. The progression for that tank has a lot of trade off.  If you want the best Ap or HE shell you have to trade of something else, one of those things is soft kill APS. It has great reverse, really good at peak boom. With the right commander you can have vision north of 500m. Watch out for the LFP and turret ring weak points.

If you get the Challenger 2, get the armor upgrade sharpish. Without it you have only 400mm of LFP armor. The Challenger 2 is not as armored for it's tier as the Challenger 1 is, watch out for T15 AI tanks. Challenger 2 does not feel as slow as Challenger 1. The gun is underwhelming, HESH is almost worthless at T9. You will need to choose your shots very carefully. I am enjoying the grind with it though.

The Leo2A6 is fun with a good, but  slow main gun. If you like the gun, it is also on the K2 and Altay. With the armor upgrade it has better frontal protection than the M1A2C. The turret cheeks are very, very good. Find yourself and ridge and play sniper, keep the turret wagging a little to prevent the gun from taking hits, and you are golden for an entire PVE match. The Leo2A6 is about a quick as the A5, stock armor is the same as the A5.

The M1A2C is the weakest of the T9 MBT's listed. The LFP makes you feel like a light tank, the under gun weak spot is annoying. The turret cheeks are not as good as it would seem. The gun is ok. I am grinding though it to get to the T10 Abrams, which I am told, is really fun. 

The T90MS, plays just like any of the other soviet MBT's. The HEAT round is the same as the T14 and preforms really well in PVE. You can choose either hard or softkill APS, for PVE hardkill is the way to go. The T90 is quick on it's feet. Keep those sides, both hull and turret, out of sight of the enemy. I have ground through all of the soviet tanks, so I free XP'ed through the last 1/2 of the T90MS to get to the T14.

My rankings are:

1 Leclerc

2 Leo2A6

3 T90

4 Challenger 2

5 M1A2C

I have noticed, every time I'm facing an Abrams in glops (at somewhat close range), i can just shoot him through the weakspot under the gun, as if he had no armour at all - at that point, having the rest of the armour is fairly useless. I'm beginning to put the M1A2C at the bottom of the list, despite it being a good compromise on paper, and it moves nicely.
With the Abrams out, that leaves me 2 unlocks left for the Leo (and Draco at some point)

For GLOPS I can recommend the T9 Leclerc. Very capable MBT. Good Firepower and mobility make it even competitive compared to certain T10 MBTs. It's highly customizeable as well to fit lots of playstyles

I don't own the others thus I can't tell you whether there are better alternatives or not. 

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

13 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

It's slightly complicated, i have too much to choose from:

I have >T9 unlock tokens from:

1. The Al Hussein - which gets me 1 of: Chally II/T90ms - I've either got all the rest of Shishkin's T9 stuff, or it doesn't need an unlock (T249 vigilante)

I have Wolfi Unlocks from:

2. VBR &

3. M1128 Striker - this gets me 2 of: Draco/Leo 2A6/M1A2C, I've got all the rest of Wolfi's T9, but not the TTB without the Playing through All the T6,7,8 Abrams (I have none of these)

As you say, ther's no way round grinding through the other 2: Batgirl's Leclerc, or Bruce Lee's T99

I was playing the tanks a bit on Alabino, and they are all pretty similar just to drive around and shoot, stock.

Credits aren't a problem.

Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking: "Lenticulas you silly person, why don't you just buy the lot" well I don't know, but I have LOADS of tanks and I just can't play all the ones i have at the moment ... Oh You are probably right.

I don't think your silly, i actually enjoy reading your posts,  but remember you can never have 2 many tanks, i was lucky as i started in 2015 and the grind was much easier, 

@Travlla you are too kind :classic_biggrin:

No-one else cares . .

I think i can just buy the LEO now, and then the Leclerc when i get there

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

@Travlla you are too kind :classic_biggrin:

No-one else cares . .

I think i can just buy the LEO now, and then the Leclerc when i get there

Solid choice in the Leo my man:classic_cool: I have 269,000 xp to grind before the i can get the Lec, i have 330,000 free xp i could use, but would rather use that unlocking modules when i get the lec,

as I don't enjoy stock tanks, 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Travlla said:

Solid choice in the Leo my man:classic_cool: I have 269,000 xp to grind before the i can get the Lec, i have 330,000 free xp i could use, but would rather use that unlocking modules when i get the lec,

as I don't enjoy stock tanks, 

Leo Bought. (if it's a dud, we know who to blame don't we ;-> )

First impressions are pretty good, after only a couple of PvE games, just to try it out.
I free xp'd the tracks, and got off-road driving for the driver. It zips about quite nicely. Easily goes up hills that would have floored a Chally, pretty maneuverable.
Acc is .. OK, it's not a sphinx obviously, enough to speedily pull back, behind cover in a hurry, & in a long straight run I got it up to 70+kph.
The reload is a bit of a wait, oh well, but i knew that. Down to 8.62s atm.

Upgrades: installed breech-block, and filter systems for more acceleration, 'cos speed is king. - ill leave the 3rd (& 4th) til i know what it needs.

Although it's seems I'm late to the discussion (due to a trip) as you've already made a choice, I'll see if I can put my hat in the ring.

Among the T9 MBTs, the Leclerc is by far the best, especially for PvE. It's mediocre armor levels can diminish its efficacy in PvP modes. It features:

• Incredible DPM (closer to tier 10 than tier 9)
  • Great overall gun performance
    • Penetration
    • Aim time
    • Accuracy
  • Best-in-class mobility

Following the Leclerc, the next best [non-premium] MBT IMO (among your listed vehicles) would be the T-90MS, an all-round strong MBT which should be equally effective across all-modes. It offers:

• A strong and often trollish armor profile across its entire frontal arc
  • Decent firepower
    • Good penetration
    • Good alpha
  • A choice of hard-kill or soft-kill APS

Following the Tagil, the Type 99A is probably next in line (for GlOps at least), but would've been far more competitive (and likely higher on the list) if it's frontal armor wasn't "improved". I won't delve into details (in an attempt to keep my posts shorter), but it's a mobile MBT with average characteristics resulting in a playstyle largely resembling those of RU MBTs. It was formerly an excellent brawler, but its capability has been nerfed since.

After that, the Leo, then the Chally 2, and finally the [awful] Abrams. For some of my thoughts regarding Wolfli's MBTs, you can read one of my previous posts regarding them here.

• Upvote 1