Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Spirthaven Raid 2: Electric Boogaloo

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/second-spirithaven-raid-now-available

Spoiler

This month-long event will put you into the role of a raider, conquering the territory represented by a map.

You can access the event by:

• Completing 10 Contract Missions
  • Purchasing access for 499 Gold (click on the Raid icon in your Garage)

Four main rewards in the form of epic skins await you along with a very special one (camouflage), available for completing each objective and for claiming every other reward:

Revenant – an Egyptian-themed skin for the Wilk XC-8 Tier 10 TD. The mysteries of ancient deserts and kingdoms long lost to the sands of time await discovery with the God of Afterlife, Anubis himself, your guide and overlord. Unearth secrets long lost with the Revenant skin and its special abilities. Not only do its wheels show the phases of the Moon, but the hull itself sparks with eldritch energies born from the souls belonging to the jackal-headed divine. On top rests the Skull of Destiny, its eyes glowing with dark fire whenever an unfortunate enemy is spotted. Anubis always hungers for more souls and you are his Reaper. Do not disappoint him, though, or your own will be forfeit.

Hellbeast – this infernal skin is available for the Leclerc T4 Tier 10 MBT. Spawned from the depths of hell, this monster clawed its way out into the world of the living. Black iron, slag and cinder barely contain the inferno within, its very skin ablaze with the fury of its kin. Untamed, the beast will leave only flames and dust in its wake, turning the Earth into a twisted, smoldering version of its home.

Kraken – this skin is available for the K2 Black Panther Tier 10 MBT. There are fates even grimmer than the raging depths of hell. The cold dark of the abyss where souls linger for eons, mournfully looking up towards the unseen skies. The wretched denizens of the deep that eke out an existence feeding upon the damned generations of mariners lost to the sea. The still embrace of an eternity in a watery grave. A torment without end. Such terrors are embodied in the Kraken skin, its essence already half-consumed and phasing into the realm of spirits. Do not succumb to its lures, commanders, lest you join the legions of the dead powering this abomination.

Archangel – this skin is available for the XM1A3 Tier 10 MBT. Where there’s darkness, there must be light, but some light is terrifying to behold, representing not hope, but unforgiving retribution. Expect no mercy from this angel, for his sole focus is the annihilation of the infernal, his focus is unmoving and his quest eternal. He cares not for the suffering of man but should his goals align with yours, you’ll wield the might of all of creation. For a time, at least.

For more pieces of information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions below.

FAQ:

Spoiler

What is the Raid event?

The Raid is a month-long event, in which you, as a Raider, conquer certain territory by moving along the lines representing roads and other paths and forming a grid. Each grid intersection has a point that is either a mission that you must complete (Mission Points), or a reward that you may claim (Reward Points). Completing the mission or claiming the reward unlocks another portion of the grid. The main prizes await you in each of the territory map’s corners. Players who complete all missions and claim all rewards receive a special reward.

scr1

Once the map is available to you (either by purchasing access or completing 10 Contract Missions), start from the center by clicking on one of the dots that show the initial direction of your advance.

What rewards are there available?

Standard Reward Points that can be found around the grid will reward you with various items such as Reputation, Gold or even Battle Coins for an upcoming Battle Path. The top rewards that are waiting for you in each of the map’s corners are the following epic skins:

• Wilk XC-8 Revenant
  • Leclerc T4 Hellbeast
  • K2 Kraken
  • XM1A3 Archangel

Please note that these skins do not come with the vehicles themselves. The skins also work with multiple vehicle upgrades where applicable. For example, on Wilk XC-8, the skin works with or without the anti-RPG cage armor installed.

raider

Finally, completing all missions and claiming all rewards will unlock the top reward – a lava surface camouflage called Raider.

What missions appear in Raid?

There are four categories of missions available:

• PvP missions (which require you to play either Random Battles or Global Operations)
  • PvE missions (which require you to play either standard PvE or Special Operations)
  • General missions (which can be completed in both PvP and PvE)
  • Elite missions (which require you to complete a very difficult objective in order to access major rewards such as the abovementioned skins)

General, PvE and PvP missions have randomized requirements that may include the use of vehicles from specific dealers, or playing specific Tiers. Elite missions are not randomized.

pve

Can I obtain the rewards only by playing my favorite mode? For example, I do not want to play PvP or PvE.

Yes, with one exception. The Raider camouflage will require you to collect all the rewards, which requires either play missions or complete the ones you do not wish to play by using Raider Tokens.

pvp

Is it possible to change missions if I do not like the conditions?

Yes. You may obtain a Reroll Token from a Reward Point. Using it changes the conditions of a single mission. Please note that PvP missions cannot be rerolled into PvE ones and vice versa, the main mode requirement will always remain the same. Elite missions cannot be rerolled. Reroll Tokens can also be purchased for Gold.

reroll

Is it possible to skip missions?

Yes. You may obtain a Raider Token from a Reward Point. Using it will instantly complete the mission you have selected. However, please note that these items are rare and you best save yours for a rainy day. Please also note that completing Elite missions this way will cost you five Raider Tokens. Raider Tokens can also be purchased for Gold.

skip

What are the time limits on this event?

The Raid missions have no timers and, if you wish, the entire event can be completed even on Day 1. The only timer that is present is the one-month deadline that starts at the event’s launch and is therefore the same for everybody. You can see the time left to complete the event in the upper right corner of the Raid window.

List of possible missions restrictions:

• 3-6 AFV/LT/TD/MBT (pick one class)
  • 7-10 AFV/LT/TD/MBT

• Chang MBT (any tiers)
  • Chang non-MBT
  • Francine all
  • Shishkin TD/AFV
  • Shishkin LT
  • Shishkin MBT
  • Wolfi AFV
  • Wolfi MBT
  • Wolfi TD
  • Schreiber all

List of possible normal missions (can accompany any restrictions listed above):

General:

• Earn 20,000 points of net XP. Only the matches in which you are amongst the 3 best XP earners (PvP) or the best XP earner (PvE) of your team count towards this objective.
  • In a single battle, eliminate 3 (Random Battles), 10 (GLOPS) or 20 (PvE) enemy vehicles.

PvE:

• Deal 250,000 damage. Only the matches in which you deal the most damage of all players count towards this objective.\n\nAlternatively deal 40,000 damage in a single match while obtaining the Teamwork medal.
  • Destroy or help destroy 250 enemies. Only the matches with 20+ kills or assists count towards this objective.\n\nAlternatively destroy or help destroy 35 enemies in a single match while obtaining the Teamwork medal.
  • Win 10 matches while achieving 70% performance (the percentage of your shells that hit and do hitpoint damage) in each match and dealing the most damage of all players.\n\nAlternatively deal 30,000 damage while achieving 80% performance in a single match.
  • Collect 10 Destroyer medals.\n\nAlternatively destroy or help destroy 30 enemies in a single match while achieving 80% performance (the percentage of your shells that hit and do hitpoint damage).

PvP

• Deal 50,000 damage. Only the matches in which you are amongst the 3 best damage dealers of your team count towards this objective.\n\nAlternatively survive a match while dealing the most damage of both teams.
  • Destroy or help destroy 50 enemies. Only battles with 3+ (Random Battles) or 10+ (GLOPS) kills or assists count towards this objective.\n\nAlternatively destroy or help destroy 5 (Random Battles) or 15 (GLOPS) enemies in a single match without dying yourself.
  • In 10 matches, be amongst the top three damage dealers of your team.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, deal 5,000 damage (Random Battles) or 20,000 damage (GLOPS).
  • In 10 matches, destroy or help destroy 3+ (Random Battles) or 10+ (GLOPS) enemies.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, destroy or help destroy 3+ (Random Battles) or 10+ (GLOPS) enemies while having the highest number of kills/assists from both teams.

List of possible hard missions:

PvE:

• AFV: Deal 350,000 damage. Each death of yours removes 50,000 points from this mission's progress.
  • LT: Deal 350,000 damage. Received damage is multiplied by 3 and then deducted from the mission's progress.
  • MBT: Deal 350,000 damage. Damage dealt from the distance of 150m or more is multiplied by 10 and then deducted from the mission's progress.
  • TD: Deal 350,000 damage. Each hit without damage deducts 10,000 points from the mission's progress.

PvP:

• AFV: Provide allies with spotting info worth 20,000 damage. Each death deducts 2,000 points from the mission's progress.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, be the player with the most assist damage from both teams while not receiving any damage yourself.
  • LT: Deal 30,000 damage. Each death deducts 6,000 points from the mission's progress.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, be the top Experience earner of both teams while not being hit more than 2 (Random Battles) or 5 (GLOPS) times.
  • MBT: Deal 50,000 damage. Received damage is multiplied by 2 and then deducted from the mission's progress.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, deal the most damage from both teams while not losing more than 800 (Random Battles) or 4,000 (GLOPS) hit points.
  • TD: Deal 30,000 damage. Your each hit without damage deducts 2,000 points from the mission's progress.\n\nAlternatively, in a single match, destroy or help destroy the most enemies from both teams (3 at least) while missing no more than 2 (Random Battles) or 5 (GLOPS) shots.

List of freebies (probably non-repeating):

UztaQ6x.png

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

30 days to do what looks like 97 missions (est based on 10x10 grid, replace center 2x2 with a single mission), and the mission goals for Normal look like they take at least ~10 matches each?

Fuck that shit.  That's 30+ missions per day, every day, for a month.

4 minutes ago, knutliott said:

30 days to do what looks like 97 missions (est based on 10x10 grid, replace center 2x2 with a single mission), and the mission goals for Normal look like they take at least ~10 matches each?

Fuck that shit.  That's 30+ missions per day, every day, for a month.

You can usually combine missions (for example, you have one mission with a 7-10 MBT and other with Zhang Feng vehicle, so take a Type 99A2 and do them both at the same time) so it saves some time. But yes, it is quite grindy and RNG-dependant.

Just like before, in PvE the raid gives a benefit to full platoons where 4 players allow one teammates to reach his "alternative condition" task without obstructions. In such case 1 point is given once per 5 missions at average. 10 pve missions (or 2,5 hours) daily through all month translate into 60 completed PvE raid tasks in worse case, and some missions grant free tokens, or missions can be combined to do them in parallel, or players in platoon can agree not to interfere to do different objectives. Teamwork.

In random PvE, it may take 15-30 runs to reach basic "of x10 times" conditions (being in top in something or be very accurate shooter).  

• Upvote 1

thanks for the info and analysis -- the final nail in the coffin -- in short, the avatar above this post is holding up one too many fingers :classic_biggrin:

22 hours ago, Schlock said:

You can usually combine missions (for example, you have one mission with a 7-10 MBT and other with Zhang Feng vehicle, so take a Type 99A2 and do them both at the same time) so it saves some time. But yes, it is quite grindy and RNG-dependant.

22 hours ago, dfnce said:

Just like before, in PvE the raid gives a benefit to full platoons where 4 players allow one teammates to reach his "alternative condition" task without obstructions. In such case 1 point is given once per 5 missions at average. 10 pve missions (or 2,5 hours) daily through all month translate into 60 completed PvE raid tasks in worse case, and some missions grant free tokens, or missions can be combined to do them in parallel, or players in platoon can agree not to interfere to do different objectives. Teamwork.

In random PvE, it may take 15-30 runs to reach basic "of x10 times" conditions (being in top in something or be very accurate shooter).  

Understood in both cases.  But it's still ridiculous, especially since most people can't easily put together 5-man platoons every day for 30 days straight.  Because even putting together a 5-man platoon every day for 30 days straight means that you still have to do 15-20 missions per day for everyone in your platoon to get it done (because there are 96 missions, not 60).  And that's assuming that you platoon with the same 5 people every day so that you're working together.  Random platoons each day will have different mission needs and so working together may not be as effective.

58 minutes ago, knutliott said:

Understood in both cases.  But it's still ridiculous, especially since most people can't easily put together 5-man platoons every day for 30 days straight.  Because even putting together a 5-man platoon every day for 30 days straight means that you still have to do 15-20 missions per day for everyone in your platoon to get it done (because there are 96 missions, not 60).  And that's assuming that you platoon with the same 5 people every day so that you're working together.  Random platoons each day will have different mission needs and so working together may not be as effective.

I think the main factor AW masters considered when creating PvE way of participation in raid, it is how Russian battalions are way more populous, organized, engaged etc vs rest of world. 

Does everyone have the same map, but each person's variable requirements at each point are different?

I.e. if I have a mission (I'm totally making this up) at a particular intersection that says to destroy 200 bots in PvE using a Marat Shishkin vehicle, does that mean that everyone has a destroy 200 vehicles in PvE mission at that intersection but may be required to use Zhang Feng instead?

I ask because if true, it might be very useful to publish the map as it is revealed for people so that those who have no chance at finishing can at least work knowledgeably toward one or two rewards that they might be able to get to if they push for them.

I.e. what's the best route to take to get to the T4 skin if you don't want to play PvP?  That kind of thing.

The missions are rolled randomly for everybody, people can also choose to reroll them using the tokens.

I'm likely not even going to bother with the Raid, the skins and freebie rewards don't interest me.

Spoiler

Right, but the re-roll can only change the add-on requirements, or so I thought based on the information available.  For example it specifically said that it can't change a PvP mission to a PvE mission or vice versa.  That implies that the mission itself may not be variable, just the customized requirements such as the vehicle or dealer, in which case the basic missions might be fixed the same for everyone.

I think they mean you can reroll the mission from the pool of possible PvE or PvP requirements and restrictions, but you still can't switch from PvP to PvE.

I'm actually not sure, but I think even if the PvP/PvE locations on the map are fixed their requirements and restrictions will be different for everyone. Can people post some screenshots for comparison?

Spoiler

What I'm hoping is that the map of PvP/PvE locations is fixed.  The other requirements/restrictions aren't nearly as important.

I.e. the goal is to determine the best route to take to Skin X if you only play PvE (or PvP).

On 10/20/2020 at 7:15 AM, TekNicTerror said:

The raid missions should have just been like BP challenges (made smaller) or the repeatables (made a bit bigger).

I happened to unlock the Raid after polishing off the 10 contract missions (which I would have done anyway) and the Raid missions are totally out of my league. I just have barely enough time to get the daily Eastern contracts done.... and I usually die at least once per PVE mission.

I understand that the devs need some return on investment for the event - the BP model where the missions are doable and you pay in to advance farther is probably better than this Raid model where the missions are impracticable so a lot of folks won't even begin trying.

Haswell was right... I'll be ignoring this one. It was enough fun just unlocking the map to see what the fuss was about.

QR

As strange as this sounds, I think I'm finding this raid slightly easier - not sure if it's because I'm going for the pvp missions rather than pve or what, but I have completed 28 missions so far.

Could be that I've gotten better so it's easier to farm, or generally tanks have improved so it's easier to get the damage required or what...but certainly I feel I've made more progress in the week it's been up than I did with the first one!  Perhaps it's just easier requirements (like less tier 3-6 AFV with 80% damaging shots)