Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

What does 80% "performance" mean?

I wasn't going to do the mission chains, but since I just got the Hunter today earlier than I'd expected to, and the Hunter makes doing those mission chains a lot easier, I thought I'd give 'em a try.

I got to Lions 4/10 which requires that I do 20,000 damage (in PvE) while maintaining 80% performance.  But what does "performance" mean?  It's clearly not the same thing as accuracy, because I was over 83% accurate in this mission.  I easily surpassed the damage requirement with 37,000, so I had to have failed at "performance" whatever that means.

ScreenShot0634.thumb.jpg.ce05d1b1b02f0607764f0c65f054f645.jpg

80% of all your shots fired must hit and deal damage. Trying to do that in an autocannon just takes too much effort, it's easier with the Nork.

Spoiler

PELE deals much of damage with non-penetrating hits.

In stats screen it is visible that penetration damage was around 27k (vs total 37k) which is below 80%.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:19 PM, Haswell said:

80% of all your shots fired must hit and deal damage. Trying to do that in an autocannon just takes too much effort, it's easier with the Nork.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:26 AM, Silentstalker said:

Yes. For all these strange terms (eliminate etc) please check the BP FAQ table.

7 hours ago, dfnce said:

PELE deals much of damage with non-penetrating hits.

In stats screen it is visible that penetration damage was around 27k (vs total 37k) which is below 80%.

From what Haswell said, I don't think that penetration damage is relevant.  The FAQ that SS mentioned is actually quite clear on this term (I just hadn't noticed that the FAQ existed).  I suspect that the line for "shots that dealt damage" is meant to be divided by "shots fired" from the stats screen to get "performance."  Which in my above example would have only been 719 / 1197 = 60.07%.