Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

July 23 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-july-23

On the 23rd of July 2020, starting from 8:00 CEST (22nd of July, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.32.7174

List of Update 0.32.7174 Changes

• We are disabling the option to use the SPG class in Global Operations in order to correct several issues
  • Fixed an issue with your Mechanized Infantry dying upon deployment
  • Fixed several texture issues that appeared on the Warmaster and Eraser skins
  • All Global Operations bunkers can now fire in all directions

Meh.

Spoiler

...and in this round of "What Did They Break?"

- The damage indication you get when you hit a target and shows the amount of damage that was caused by you has changed.  Its now the same color as the rest of your team mates.  This creates confusion.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

3 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

...and in this round of "What Did They Break?"

- The damage indication you get when you hit a target and shows the amount of damage that was caused by you has changed.  Its now the same color as the rest of your team mates.  This creates confusion.

Yeah, and at the same time they seem to have reverted the fix that they put in so that your damage doesn't aggregate as quickly.  I really miss seeing the stream of damage caused by an autocannon, both my own and my teammates.  And for that matter, the bots' because it warns you that a T-15 or Bradley is around.

Yeah we are working on player settings for this (surprised they aren't finished yet) and it looks like something got borked along the way. Should be fixed soon.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, knutliott said:

Yeah, and at the same time they seem to have reverted the fix that they put in so that your damage doesn't aggregate as quickly.  I really miss seeing the stream of damage caused by an autocannon, both my own and my teammates.  And for that matter, the bots' because it warns you that a T-15 or Bradley is around.

Yeah, I started to see that last night as well.

Also, to add to the list on my rig I have taken a 20 to 40 FPS hit.  I've had all the graphics settings maxed out since the FPS limit sliders were installed.  On Basillisk normally I've been over 100 at the last cap.  Last night I didn't see anything over 80.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

frequent stuttering seems to be another issue that cropped up last night  on both Tsunami and one who's name escapes me at the moment.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, Baron_Georg said:

frequent stuttering seems to be another issue that cropped up last night  on both Tsunami and one who's name escapes me at the moment.

I don't know if what I'm seeing now, occasionally, is what you mean by stuttering, but I'm definitely seeing new short video freezes that didn't used to exist.  I'll be playing along just fine, and then suddenly - and very briefly! - the game will freeze up and then resume as if nothing happened.

I've noticed it on Sapphire.  If I start moving immediately and head to the left to the 1st phase sniper perch, the game often hiccups like that about halfway there.

https://armoredwarfare.gamepedia.com/Sapphire

You start next to the 2 round storage tanks mid-left on the screen, facing east.  The sniper perch to which I refer is in the top left as that road crests a hill and then heads off the map.  The hiccup always seems to occur right about the time I pass the 3rd round storage tank, which perhaps not coincidentally is about the time that the first bots are spotted, often by me as I'm moving to the sniper perch.

Not sure about PvE, but GlOps is definitely not stuttering. Instead the issue seems to be severe packet loss/rubberbanding resulting from excessive server load.

Apparently it might be a hardware issue, but if so, I doubt we can expect a proper fix soon.