Sign in to follow this  
Qbicle

December 1̶6̶ 20 Update Notes

Update attempt 2, source:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-december-20

Patch notes are mostly the same as last Thursday's but with addition of the following text:

• Recruitment Drive: With this Update, newly registered accounts will (until January 31, 2022), receive the T-64AV Hunter Premium MBT and 7 days of Premium Time
  • Enabled the Holiday Mode (until January 13, 2022)
  • Fixed the missing Battle Path Shop vehicles issue

Moreover, notes on previously implemented Bgltpz 57 changes have now been removed.

----

Original updated from December 16, source:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-december-16

Update 2:

The maintenance will begin at 16:00 CET and will last roughly 2 hours.

Update:

Commanders, we encountered a critical issue during the deployment of the latest build, which we need to fix. As a result, the maintenance will continue at least until 12:30 CET, after which the server will open.

During the maintenance, all vehicles affected by the issue (Premium vehicles) will be disabled for the time being and unavailable for purchase or gameplay (even if you previously obtained one the correct way).

In the evening, another maintenance will take place and we’ll roll the game back to the previous version (Update 0.38.8612). All the in-game purchases made during the existence of the bug will be reverted (vehicles removed, Gold compensated). Update 0.38.8630 will return once this critical issue is fixed. The Premium vehicles will once again become available during this evening maintenance.

On the 16th of December 2021, starting from 8:00 CET (15th of December, 11 PM PST), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.38.8630

scr3

List of Update 0.38.8630 Changes

Carson City PvP Map

We are adding a new PvP map to the game, called Carson City. This map, based on a city in Nevada, offers both open terrain and city fighting. The map is available in both the standard and the encounter version. You can read more about it in our dedicated article.

Autocannon Overhaul

The long-awaited autocannon overhaul is here. It consists of two parts:

• Autocannons are receiving the overheat mechanic (read more)
  • Adjusted the autocannon penetration and damage (read more)

We are also adjusting the penetration loss over distance for all autocannons so that it starts at 100 meter distance and is reduced by 70 percent at 400 meters.

Premium Vehicles assigned to Dealers

In this update, a number of Premium vehicles that could previously not have been used to complete missions (including those in the ongoing Battle Path) are getting assigned to specific dealers. You can read more about this topic in our dedicated article.

B1 Draco Overhaul

We are changing the B1 Draco Tier 9 Tank Destroyer as such:

• Stock armor-piercing shell penetration changed from 350mm to 680mm
  • Stock armor-piercing shell damage changed from 250 to 330
  • Upgraded armor-piercing shell penetration changed from 460mm to 730mm
  • Upgraded armor-piercing shell damage changed from 250 to 360
  • HE shell penetration changed from 40mm to 45mm
  • HE shell damage changed from 375 to 540
  • Reduced the amount of shells in magazine from 12 to 10
  • Reduced the rate of fire from 100 to 75 rounds per minute
  • Increased the magazine reload time from 16 seconds to 17.5 seconds

General Changes

• Fixed an issue where the AI opponents wouldn’t drive towards and capture their assigned objectives in a number of Special Operations missions
  • Moscow Calling, Chapter 2: Fixed an issue where players could see through terrain (and other visual bugs) near the final objective
  • 2S38 Derivatsiya: Adjusted the smoke grenades to match those of the BMP-3M AFV (6 charges within a magazine, 3 seconds between discharges and 25 second magazine reload)
  • 2S38 Derivatsiya: Changed the shell names to match their real-life counterparts
  • AS21: Fixed the bugged Upgrade window module placement in the Garage
  • Begleitpanzer 57: Increased the gun ammo carried from 140 to 450 rounds
  • K21: K40 gun rate of fire increased from 200 to 275 rounds per minute
  • M50 Ontos: Fixed an issue where the module that increases the recoilless rifle rate of fire also affects the vehicle’s machinegun
  • TR-85M1: Increased the maximum speed from 50 km/h to 60 km/h
  • The Holiday Mode map received a small lighting and terrain update
  • Fixed the flying tree and incorrect shadows (on Medium settings) in the Exodus Garage
  • Fixed a number of small visual model issues

The Draco changes are probably going to get the most attention. Much AP greater penetration and damage, but slightly smaller clip and slightly longer reload time.

A few more notes from SS regarding the Draco:

spacer.png

spacer.png

----

Bgltpz 57's ammo capacity buff actually occurred on 0.38 launch patch, albeit an undocumented change.

----

We'll have to see how the autocannon overhaul may change the whole meta and the game's "ecosystem". May also have to look out for MBTs with coaxial autocannons, as well as vehicles with clip-based autocannons like Griffin 50mm or BWP-2000.

Edited by Qbicle
Added update attempt 2 link, mentioned differences (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

Wow, this change could not have come at a better time. I'm right in the middle of exams rn and don't have much time to play, so I can just sit and wait for other people to live test the changes so I know what not to do when I have time to play again...

That said, I'm kinda concerned about how this is going to effect the close-range PvE experience. I'll probably play a few matches when I'm done with my exams, but if I'm not happy with the changes I am prepared to drop AW for other games (yay for steam winter sale starting next week).

I missed the drama, but this update appears to be another meme tier content.

Let the screencaps speak for themselves:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Qbicle
Updated status (see edit history)

aMcZOFg.png

Really curious, if that build made it through QA/QC and was even worse before or if they skipped that entirely and do direct to live builds from the dev-environment after a deadline.

Also,:partyhardseal:

Welp, after quickly reviewing all ACs tonks and playing a couple of them... It's a mess...

• T40 now is like a GAU, except you can only change between RoF in garage, with the high one reaching a insane 28K DPM with a RoF of 685 rds/m. SPHINX is similar-ish, but less extreme. 20K DPM, 450 rds/m.
  • AGDS might also still be stupid good, since it's AC immune unless you have 500mm pen (Oh wait....).
  • French coax 20mm now have 230mm pen, and seems to be much more accurate now. 
  • Type 89 fires too slow and doesn't have a pen advantage anymore, so RIP
  • Marder and CV 90 both have 440 pen on their 50mm...
  • Bradley can hurt now, with 390mm pen and 52 dmg per shell, as well as 550 rds/m, it can be nasty. Still a Bradley though....
  • ACs are SO standardized in pen and damage values, it's insane.
  • Kurga as 510 pen now, rest is the same. WHY NOT???
  • Shilka, GAU, T249 weren't touched.
  • RIP light tanks.
  • AC HE feels.... different?
  • Draco with 730mm of pen lol 
  • Draco with 45mm / 540 dmg with HE lol

I'd say the whole thing is a fuck up, why play anything but a MBT or stuff with an AC now?

Edited by Grenier (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Grenier said:

I'd say the whole thing is a fuck up, why play anything but a MBT or stuff with an AC now?

Oh, even better, you can play MBT with an AC. Because, for some reason, they keep adding those to the game.

Draco is what it used to be before balance 2.0, another changes revert AC nerfs from balance 3.0. 

Stalker became playable with AC. Marder, AGDS and T40 got some former "feel" of superpower. 

I tend to play pretty cautiously because the bots really really like me, so I'm finding this to be an overall nerf to ACs.  That's because I'm often using them at ranges where the new rapid decline in pen kicks in big time.  Generally speaking it seems like they're better at 150m or less, better-ish (depends on target) out to 200m, about the same out to 250m, and then worse beyond 250m.  God help you if you're out beyond 300 meters as you can't pen squat.

The cooldown mechanic has also had a pretty significant impact, which I didn't expect.  Terminators overheat a lot more often than I thought they would, and that little hiccup while they cool off is just enough to let someone else steal the kill.  The overheat mechanic also makes the much more "bursty" with their damage instead of the constant stream of death that they could pump out before.  Once you get used to it you can adapt your play style, but it isn't a non-issue.  You do need to adapt a bit.

Interestingly, the Termi-2000 seems to have been buffed.  It now has more pen and more damage from its gun, though still lower ROF.  But with overheat factored in, it now has essentially the same long-term DPM as the Ramka and Termi-2017.  Plus it still has better missiles.  They're all pretty much still OPAF, but they're a lot more equal to me than they were before.