Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

ZTQ-15

Hhbwxmb.png

sA92y4y.jpg

Seeing how the VT-5 is tier 9, this one would probably be tier 9 as well if not at least tier 8. Might also be a normal premium (ie. still have to buy it) considering the BVP.

Looks eh, might be about as fun as the VT-5. Not enough to tempt me though since the Thunderbolt basically plays the same. If it's tier 8, the Dragun exists.

Spoiler

Unless they give it such a stupid reload that you need that Ammo Commander to not run dry in 30 Seconds, then it might be something more than just a collectors piece. But assuming they are not that stupid to give it a RDF like reload, collectors piece

On 4/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, di_duncan said:

@Silentstalker Can we expect some high-tier light tanks with some armor in the future? ...

On 4/7/2020 at 7:45 AM, Silentstalker said:

Yes

I guess this is what @Silentstalker meant ;)

I was hoping for a tier 10, 120mm-armed vehicle, but this was rather unexpected ngl.

The "Type 15" was one of the few high-tier LT candidates I've considered, but considering the export VT-5 variant is already available, I excluded it as a possibility almost immediately.

Genuinely interested as to how the ZTQ will differ from the existing VT-5. Simply based on their armament, I'm assuming both will be tier 9. 

Curiously, based on first appearances, the two vary in armor layout. The VT-5 has additional ERA and cage armor on the sides of its hull and turret, whereas the ZTQ does not; however the front of the VT-5's turret only presents the base armor configuration, as it does not feature the additional ERA/applique armor on the front of the ZTQ's turret.

In PLA service, there seems to be two different add-on armor kits for the ZTQ, one utilizing composite/NERA and one composed of what seems to be ERA. Considering the smaller segmented armor blocks/panels as well as the distinctive "cutout" for the LWR, I'm assuming the ZTQ shown off by @Silentstalker is equipped with ERA. Perhaps players will be able to choose between the different armor types as "protection" modification(s)/option(s)?

rtVSZkY.png

Furthermore, some RF/EW antennae are present at the rear of the ZTQ's turret, I'm assuming this would function as soft-kill APS in-game. Again, the VT-5 lacks this detail and a soft-kill system.

Finally, after comparing the respective weaponry of the two Chinese LTs, the ZTQ's gun definitely appears to be a longer calibre compared to the 105mm on the VT5... The greater velocity afforded by a longer barrel combined with better ammunition could result in greater penetration values for the ZTQ over the VT-5.

B5VB04T.png

On 4/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, di_duncan said:

:sealofapproval: Can you give us an approximate timeframe? I'm assuming next year most likely?

On 4/8/2020 at 12:34 PM, Silentstalker said:

This year, that I know of.

Now that we know the ZTQ's expected release date (assuming early September alongside 0.33), I'm curious as to how it will be monetized. Will this be another vehicle sold through loot boxes and/or the My.Games store? Or will it be another tier 9 premium vehicle available for purchase (with gold) in-game? 

Whatever the case, I will be looking forward to acquiring this beaut' for my ever-growing collection ;) 

IMO, it looks quite a bit better than the VT-5, so my previous comment still applies:

On 4/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, di_duncan said:

NUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

gachiBASS - Discord Emoji

Edited by di_duncan
Modified Quoting (see edit history)