Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Wheeled bots in 0.33?

I predict that the new wheeled bots will behave like police from some of the earlier GTA games:

• They'll charge you down at full speed and try to ram you (completely ignoring the fact that they are very light, have paper armour and terrible accuracy on the move)
  • Understeer on every corner they try to make at high speed (and drive into buildings or off of cliffs)
  • Only ever moving at max speed and poor obstacle avoidance meaning they will get stuck on small rocks and other obstacles (probably in a position where they don't have enough gun depression or elevation to shoot you)
Edited by MK_Regular (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MK_Regular said:

I predict that the new wheeled bots will behave like police from some of the earlier GTA games:

• They'll charge you down at full speed and try to ram you (completely ignoring the fact that they are very light, have paper armour and terrible accuracy on the move)
  • Understeer on every corner they try to make at high speed (and drive into buildings or off of cliffs)
  • Only ever moving at max speed and poor obstacle avoidance meaning they will get stuck on small rocks and other obstacles (probably in a position where they don't have enough gun depression or elevation to shoot you)

Tbf it is not like the current ai is that good. But I guess it will be either this or just very stationary ai, a bit like the rcr now. So get into position and only rotate once there. I guess they will indeed go at max speed to get there. But only time will tell...

6 hours ago, MK_Regular said:

They'll charge you down at full speed and try to ram you (completely ignoring the fact that they are very light, have paper armour and terrible accuracy on the move)

My Abrams Storm is licking its [metaphorical] lips.

Understeer on every corner they try to make at high speed (and drive into buildings or off of cliffs)

This made me remember WoT's current EBR/French wheeled LT meta. I mean most EBR players are braindead bots already, so AW's can't be that bad right? 1.0

Do you like my car?

Only ever moving at max speed and poor obstacle avoidance meaning they will get stuck on small rocks and other obstacles (probably in a position where they don't have enough gun depression or elevation to shoot you)

EZ Profit.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:16 PM, MK_Regular said:

Remember that bots don't use the same physics as players.  I doubt that they'll skid when they turn, because bots just "get to turn" when they want to.  Just like the "get to aim" when they want to, even if their vehicle doesn't have the depression/elevation that it needs.

I'm happy to hear it, though.  Wheeled vehicles are easy to kill and at least IMO don't have bot-useful abilities that make up for their deficits (no armor, poor acceleration, lack of maneuverability).  They're generally more accurate, but bots already have perfect accuracy so that's not really a bonus for a bot.  And their top speed isn't that useful, either, because it just means they'll out-run their support and get killed faster which is actually good for the players.

What we're working right now with is a version where the wheeled bots basically move exactly like tracked bots (bots neutral steering). I haven't seen this in action yet and it won't be present at 0.33 launch.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)