Haswell

[NEWS] A random as hell contest

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/battle-path-contest-mystery-mayhem

During the following dates, play the Battle Path vehicles as best as you can:

• July 14 to July 20 – Type 74
  • July 21 to July 27 – Seongun 915
  • July 28 to August 3 – Pindad SBS
  • August to August 10 – Type 10

After each week is over, we will announce five winners in five different categories on our Discord Contest channel. The twist is that you won’t know which categories these are, only that there are five of them and they are the same for all four weeks. Do you have to earn XP? Deal damage? Both? That’s something you’ll only find out after the contest is entirely over.

Each week, five winners will each receive 2.000 Gold and 2.000 Battle Coins.

All you have to do is play these vehicles and perform well. Nothing else is required of you.

Please note:

• For the purpose of this event, each day begins at 00:01 CEST and ends at 23:59 CEST
  • One player can win in multiple categories and in every week
  • Everything is automatic, no submissions are required
  • Platoons are not allowed

So you have a contest, but you won't tell what people need to do to win. Sounds like a recipe for misery.

One good thing is that submissions are automatic this time, which raises the issue why it wasn't automatic until now.

Spoiler

I agree, they have contest after contest, and they mix and match how we enter; ie: post SS or replay to discord or the game auto tracks the results.

Why is it every contest is not auto tracked; save for the ones dealing with the SS's of something visual for like the art contests of course?

This is why I do not bother to enter contests that require the players to post their own SS/replays.

One of the main goals of contests in online games is to increase activity in general, not just game playing.  That's why they have a variety of ways that you enter and receive prizes.  If everyone were automatically entered and automatically rewarded, they might as well just randomly give stuff away.  People would win who had no idea they were even participating (as could happen in this event).  Having an entry process requires people to actually take the step to enter, which in turn creates buzz and gets more people interested.

• Upvote 1

But not everyone would be auto-entered to the contests. You'd have to do what the contest is for to even get entered. I am sure some people will be auto-entered who do not know of it; but I seriously doubt they'll be much competition to those who are intentionally entering and who are trying to do what the contests are for.

And why not random prizes? Sounds like a good one to me.

And I seriously doubt there's much of a "buzz" from these contests. No one's going to start playing AW just cause of a few good contests (no matter how they are entered into) unless they are already a player and they were taking a break from the game (or such) and a friend lets them know there's a contest or event going on currently.

In my opinion, the contest "unknown" effort vs miserable reward doesn't make it worth the time to spend.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:03 AM, TekNicTerror said:

And I seriously doubt there's much of a "buzz" from these contests. No one's going to start playing AW just cause of a few good contests (no matter how they are entered into) unless they are already a player and they were taking a break from the game (or such) and a friend lets them know there's a contest or event going on currently.

I'm at the point with AW that if there isn't something to do, I don't play.  Having an event, even with a blah prize, is enough to get me to play (and therefore help populate the servers) and see if I can win something.  I generally don't because I'm just not good enough to beat the truly dedicated people, but it's fun to have a goal.

Right now I'm grinding repeatables in Enigma's Legacy.  Once I'm done with whatever's on tap for today, I typically log off.  That's at least party because the repeatables take too many missions to complete and so I'm tired of playing by the time I'm done, but it's also because once that goal is complete I have no ulterior motive for playing.