Sign in to follow this  
di_duncan

Dark Mode/Theme for Forums?

I know it's somewhat of a cliche by now, but I was wondering if we could have an optional dark theme for our forums here.

My monitor is rather bright and when I try to use the forums at night, the page(s) can be blinding. Does/have anyone else have/had similar experiences?

Not sure if there are extra charges/hurdles with Invision, but even if there are, as long as it is reasonable, I would even be willing to contribute (monthly, bi-yearly, annually) to cover the costs.

Making a new theme is free, just takes work on my part because I have to edit all the colors manually. There are quite a lot of colors to edit as well, so it will take some time.

4q2LiIG.png

I'll mess around with it some more, but this will take a while.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Making a new theme is free, just takes work on my part because I have to edit all the colors manually. There are quite a lot of colors to edit as well, so it will take some time.

spacer.png4q2LiIG.png

I'll mess around with it some more, but this will take a while.

Nice to know that it's in the works. Thanks again for your time, your labour, and your resources.  

Hopefully we'll be able to make use of it sooner than later ;)

Regarding forum hosting/expenses, I'm curious as to what the monthly costs amounts to. I may be interested in subsidizing running costs (should you be so inclined).

Perhaps you can PM me about it? Either here or through Discord (same username) is fine.

Edited by di_duncan
Rewording (see edit history)

On 7/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, di_duncan said:

Regarding forum hosting/expenses, I'm curious as to what the monthly costs amounts to. I may be interested in subsidizing running costs (should you be so inclined).

So far it's roughly $15/mo, so pretty cheap. I do have plans for patron stuff down the road, but that likely won't come until at least the end of the year. I feel that the forum isn't big enough yet to warrant monetization, and I'd hate to ask for donations without offering much in return.

Spoiler

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this