Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Next BP speculation/info

Crossposting what we know about it so far.

• T-72M4CZ is confirmed to be in the next Battle Path.
  • 2S38 Derivatsiya will be a tier 8 AFV in the next BP. It will have a 57mm autocannon and guided PELE ammo, 200rnd/min.
  • The tier 10 reward for the next BP will not be an MBT.
  • Adding new commanders is expensive, there are no plans to add new commanders in 2022 except for Samuel Thorpe.
  • Object 787 is not planned for 2022, but the model exists.
  • December will feature the Whispers of Frost event, Wars of the Past Battle Path, Winter Wonderland by My.com.

unknown.png

T-15 w/ 57mm is also going to be the top BP reward.

WvQSbrd.jpg

4Ue4MNx.jpg

Miscellaneous stuff that may or may not be related to the BP:

• There will be at least 1 fake vehicle coming in 2022, and another that is sort of fake. SS is not happy with it.
  • There will be a Czech camo coming.
  • There are new German vehicles in development, coming in 2022.

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

Still vaguely remember the days where we would get such "upgrades" like Kinzhal for free as a module on the respective progression vehicle. Been a long time. 
Vehicles look cool though, too late unfortunately. We'll probably have to see how the AC changes work out first anyways to know if worth or not though with the history of BP top rewards I doubt this will be an issue at all.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yes like how we had a T-14 that could get the 152mm as a gun upgrade in the tech tree. That Turret is huge I'm expecting broken turret rings or damaged autoloaders.

so I assume we haven't seen the collect 100 pieces vehicle yet? 

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)

0C7U4Iq.png

2S38 may possibly be the gacha vehicle, nothing confirmed yet I think. Given the recent trends though it might be another tier 9 that we'll find out later.

Spoiler

On 11/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, TeyKey1 said:

Still vaguely remember the days where we would get such "upgrades" like Kinzhal for free as a module on the respective progression vehicle. Been a long time. 

Yeah I remember those days, but honestly I don't mind them being separate vehicles.  Having different turrets count as different vehicles is way better than having different skins count as different vehicles.

Aren't there like 5 different Merkava 2D versions?

There are 4 different T-72B3 versions, and those aren't even different skins.  Just 1 blank one and 3 different colors (Red, Blue, Green, with Green being the rarest) of the exact same skin.

The remaining BP vehicle is the TR-85M1 (Romanian MBT, an evolution of the T-55 modernised to NATO standards)

Source:

SS on ArmoredLabs Community Discord server (message link)

unknown.png

The final vehicle of the next BP is TR-85M1

SS also said that Derivatsiya may be the blueprint vehicle this time, but he's not sure about it.

Edited by Qbicle
Added screenshot (see edit history)
  • Upvote 2

aMcZOFg.png

https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/31949-in-development-t-15-kinzhal/

10 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

wait is the TR-85M1 decent enough to even be a tier 5?

Wikipedia says it's a gen 3 MBT among the ranks of Abrams and Ariete and Leclerc, but who knows?

Not that tiering should be a concern anymore when the devs can give it whatever fantasy stats they want and place it at any tier.

Spoiler

This next BP can be a breeze a first time for me. T-15/57 is so lowest priority and non-importance to me. If 72M4 is on rank 40, then it is totally flop and no go, if it would be a sink for pieces in shop - doubtful I spend coins on it. Which means i have high chance I stop on rank 30 without issues.

So i assume, If TR-85M1 is first tank to pick on BP rank 30 and Derivacya is shop-based piece basis, it is perfect awesome deal. Derivacya is fine and unique vehicle too. I like TR-85M1, at least with some footages it gives a deceiving impression of pretty modern, cool looking, agile tank (as for extensive T55 mod). 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/32192-in-development-t-72m4cz/

The vehicle itself is unremarkable, but here's the important tidbit:

In Armored Warfare, the T-72M4CZ will be a Tier 7 Premium Main Battle Tank as well as a prize of the Wars of the Past Battle Path campaign, obtainable for reaching Level 30 (whereas the Kinzhal will be available for reaching the maximum level and the Derivatsiya by obtaining its blueprints in the Battle Path Shop and by completing missions).

Spoiler

So TR-85M1remains to be announced. Either as rank 40 (tier 8,9 hmm) or rank 20 (historically tier 4 or 5)

The low-tier rewards have usually been like level 12 or so.  Level 20 has typically been Tier 6 or 7 or even 8.

My guess is it will be Tier 20, because that's what you can get from the 50k BC pre-order bundle.  They have no incentive to give out a vehicle at any lower level than that anymore.

https://armoredlabs.net/index.php?/topic/32388-in-development-tr-85m1-totally-not-a-type-74-20/

So now we know all about the vehicles in the BP. Literally none of the rank rewards are worth getting, which means only the 2S38 and the coin shop remain as the biggest appeal. Even "appeal" is putting it lightly.

Skipping this entire BP would be my recommendation if you have zero interest in the 2S38, and absolutely do ignore everything about the ranks. Do not spend any money on this BP.

Don't even bother buying access if you can't afford it with gold, and even then think about whether your gold is worth spending on this pile of shit.

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)

Spoiler

Need wait for rules of coin shop, progression and rank prices to be sure. Using last BP rules two vehicles are seem to be super easy picks with minimal effort. In broader context, all recent BP top rewards were doable to get within 1-1.5 month of playing. 

T-15 Kinzhal Tier 10 Premium TD (for reaching the maximum Level)

Correspondingly, we’ve increased the number of Levels from 50 to 60

What about the feedback that the top reward T15 is not worth effort even with rank 50 and nevertheless they push it on rank 60. 

The Battle Coin Shop will of course be also updated. Aside from the same items as the last time, you’ll be able to find (if you’re lucky or persistent enough) the following new items in it:

CV90 Mk.IV Tier 8 Premium AFV from the last Battle Path
CV90105 TML Tier 7 Premium LT from the last Battle Path
Stridsvagn 2000 Tier 10 Premium MBT from the last Battle Path
Jomsviking skins from the last Battle Path
Desert Storm Raid skins (excluding Asad Babil)

Expect Samurai/Desert Storm/Jomsviking skins spam prevail in shop daily offers.

Looks like some confirmation to my personal thought that Asad Babil was most interesting and worthy skin from that raid.

here will also be a special Camouflage with one environmental version awarded per each of the three basic Mission sets.

(As per desert camo preview) it looks decent and useful compared to every BP camo released since Black Eagle event, but on other side it is very much alike to what you can purchase with gold. 

The biggest one definitely is that the Wars of the Past Battle Path will last 120 days instead of the usual 90 days. In other words, the event will take place between December 2021 and the end of March, 2022.

Well BP starts in first days of December to make that 120 days till end of March, 2022, right ? This 120 days of BP doesn't make it better, actually it is very boring and exhausting.

B9gb2en.png

I couldn't have put it better myself. This BP reeks of low effort and excessive grinding for the sake of hiding the fact that we aren't going to get any major content updates until much, much later after the BP ends.

Depending on how the 2S38 turns out, I may very likely not even bother with access.

5vlxqc.jpg

Edited by Haswell
Memes (see edit history)

Spoiler

On 11/26/2021 at 4:24 AM, Haswell said:

Depending on how the 2S38 turns out, I may very likely not even bother with access.

Clever timing on the early access pre-sale, eh?  I've already bought in so I'm kind of trapped.

Though there's at least the fact that I can simply use my 50k BC to buy my way to the 2S38 if I want, and then ignore the ridiculous extra grind.  Which is too bad, because despite the fact that people think the Kinzhal will be worse than the T-15 I was looking forward to it.

The level 20 and level 30 rewards are pointless and useless.  At least past BPs have had some interesting vehicles in those positions... these two are bland reskins.

*sigh*

I probably should have put up a giant warning against preordering ANYTHING without first knowing sufficient details.

I highly recommend everybody who preordered to try and get a refund before the BP starts.

Spoiler

Last BP I felt OK pre-ordering because I needed stuff for Storyline from the shop... so there was an objective.  This time, not so much.

Seems like BP vehicle restrictions will force participants to play low tier, which is painful after 0.37.  The AW battle doctrine is now thoroughly confused - it used to be that MBT were front line vehicles to soak up damage, and squishies were scouting from the back with superior vision. Now we have AC which are less effective at distance, forcing TD to work in close, and the TR85M1 which seems custom-designed for camping?  I think some of these re-turreted vehicles might have been good contract rewards (like the Burlak), but aren't really at the level of BP prizes. 

One side effect of re-balancing is that instead of the power-creep prone scenario of having OP vehicles that everyone wants and grinds for, we have lots and lots of meh vehicles where if you own one, there's not much incentive to get another, unless you are a collector.

Hats off to SS for engineering the storyline content... the need to help the team is good motivation and emphasizes the social component of the game that is supposed to be valuable.  For those of us with finite bandwidth, there's just not enough grinding hours in the day to do Storyline + BP + Raid.

I think I will sit this BP out.... still recovering from the last BP and Storyline Episode 1.

QR

On 11/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, knutliott said:

Clever timing on the early access pre-sale, eh?  I've already bought in so I'm kind of trapped.

REMEMBER: No preorders! :downrapeglasses:

Quoting before anything gets changed: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/development-wars-past-battle-path

Commanders!

One of the main features of Update 0.38 will be the Wars of the Past Battle Path and today we’d like to tell you more about it because there will be some changes in it compared to the last one.

But let’s start with the things that remain the same, such as the basic principles. Once you acquire access to the campaign (the price remains the same), you’ll be earning Battle Coins and spending them on Battle Path progress. Battle Coins will be earned either by just playing or by completing missions.

Four mission sets along with repeatable daily Battle Coin Missions and Challenges will be available like the last time (there are no changes to the Missions or Challenges themselves). And, of course, the popular Battle Coin Shop feature will be making a re-appearance.

This Battle Path doesn’t have a specific topic except for a loose connection to some military topics of the past, but all four of its vehicle prizes come from the former Warsaw Pact countries. They are, in ascending order:

Prize Vehicles (Click to Open)

In addition to the vehicles, four Warmonger skins will be available via the standard Level progression for the following vehicles:

• Merkava Mk.4M Tier 10 MBT (for reaching Level 10)
  • XM1A3 Tier 10 MBT (for reaching Level 50)
  • T-15 Kinzhal Tier 10 Premium TD (for reaching the maximum Level)
  • 2S38 Derivatsiya Tier 8 Premium AFV (obtainable by completing the Elite mission series)

Warmonger Skins (Click to Open)

There will, of course, be other prizes as well, such as Decals, Titles, a single Avatar with five stages, Battle Coin boosters, Premium Time, Credits, Gold and Banners. There will also be a special Camouflage with one environmental version awarded per each of the three basic Mission sets.

Click the image to open a larger version

In fact, there will be more rewards than the last time around, which brings us to the differences.

The biggest one definitely is that the Wars of the Past Battle Path will last 120 days instead of the usual 90 days. In other words, the event will take place between December 2021 and the end of March, 2022.

Correspondingly, we’ve increased the number of Levels from 50 to 60. Levels 1 to 10 will require only a small amount of Battle Coins per Level as usual, Levels 11 to 50 will require 4.500 Battle Coins as before and Levels 51 to 60 will require 7.000 Battle Coins per level. Since extra 70.000 Battle Coins are no joke even with the extended period, we will also be increasing your Battle Coin income as such:

• Daily Battle Coin missions will award 700 Battle Coins instead of 600
  • The total amount of Battle Coins from Challenges will increase from 70.000 to 80.000 Battle Coins
  • Added an extra Battle Coin booster to the Level progression

Especially the first change represents a major increase in your Battle Coin income as long as you complete those missions diligently. Additionally, we are increasing the prizes as such:

• Available Premium Time from 37 days to 49 days
  • Available Gold from 600 to 800
  • Available Credits from 60 million to 75 million

The Battle Coin Shop will of course be also updated. Aside from the same items as the last time, you’ll be able to find (if you’re lucky or persistent enough) the following new items in it:

• CV90 Mk.IV Tier 8 Premium AFV from the last Battle Path
  • CV90105 TML Tier 7 Premium LT from the last Battle Path
  • Stridsvagn 2000 Tier 10 Premium MBT from the last Battle Path
  • Jomsviking skins from the last Battle Path
  • Desert Storm Raid skins (excluding Asad Babil)

And that’s pretty much it. The Battle Path is currently planned to launch on December 9, 2021. If anything in this article caught your eye and you haven’t done so already, you can still purchase discounted access via MY.GAMES Market.

Spoiler