Sign in to follow this  
Quantum_Ranger

What's the most efficient way to shrink reload time?

Thanks to the wise folks that are contributing to the forum... now seeking some sage advice.

Trying to minimize RL cash outlay, similar to Haswell's ongoing experiment... so am working the progression vehicles. Currently in the stable I have a T5 Starshi*, a T6 M1 Abrams, and am currently grinding the T7 M1A1 Abrams. Yeah, I suppose in retrospect I should have started out grinding the Russian tanks, but chalk one up to noob ignorance.

So now my recurring problem is that I just can't deal out enough damage fast enough. Lots of target rich environments (so I'm in the right spot on the maps), but the stock reload times are getting annoying. Maybe everything seems slower compared to an espresso-fueled York....  Last night I racked up 17k damage in the Starshi* on the Stormy Winter map, but that was because everyone else was dead and didn't respawn, so the last 6 minutes was plinking away solo. And I still lost because I couldn't kill the bots fast enough to cap.

So I suppose I could grind a commander like Kramer, or push to get the LAV-900 for the V2 reload retrofit...

Any other ideas for how to improve DPM on the cheap?

Thanks in advance,

QR 

3 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

Trying to minimize RL cash outlay, similar to Haswell's ongoing experiment... so am working the progression vehicles. Currently in the stable I have a T5 Starshi*, a T6 M1 Abrams, and am currently grinding the T7 M1A1 Abrams. Yeah, I suppose in retrospect I should have started out grinding the Russian tanks, but chalk one up to noob ignorance.

OOF. Starting your grind with the Abr0ms line (in its current state) isn't particularly fun. Hopefully when 0.33 hits it'll be all worth it ;)

So now my recurring problem is that I just can't deal out enough damage fast enough. Lots of target rich environments (so I'm in the right spot on the maps), but the stock reload times are getting annoying.

Low tier 120mm guns all seem to have this rather pitiful trait. Sucks. 

But then again, 0.33 might change that as well... Fingers crossed.

So I suppose I could grind a commander like Kramer, or push to get the LAV-900 for the V2 reload retrofit...

While Rachel's potential reload buff is high, her skills only trigger when in CQB. A rather annoying condition and also quite risky.  

Gun Breech V2 is worth it for vehicles you intend to play even after they're "renowned" (100%). For newer players however, it might be wise to save the credits for future use, since higher tier vehicles and upgrades will become quite expensive.  

Improve crew stats. Specifically loader attributes.

By leveling up your loader and training them in the Rapid Fire skill, you can achieve up to a +5% RoF increase (for free). This can be increased by another +5% by equipping energy drink as a vehicle consumable.

Some commanders may also feature skills which increase crew stats. Philipp for example offers two skills increasing crew (and infantry) stats by 0.9%. Acquiring both (and equipping him as commander) would result in a +1.8% RoF increase.

Note that this method only increases reload speed on vehicles which seat a manual [crew] loader. Although this should not be a concern for your current grind, as all Wolfli MBTs tier 9 and under feature loaders. Consequently, vehicles without autoloaders cannot benefit (to the same degree) from crew stat enhancements. If you wish to learn more, I plan on posting a rather in-depth and extensive crew overview tomorrow. 

Good luck. 

Edited by di_duncan
Rewording and additional comments (see edit history)

One of the things I'm picking up on in this experiment is that if you want the version 2 varients of certain retrofits, you have to grind down that line.

My question for you is that are you trying to improve your overall damage per match?  Or are you just looking for that split second difference to maximize damage to a target before some else gets their shot off on the same target?  If it's the former, there are some highly frowned upon ways of doing it.  If it is the latter, then its all retrofits and skills.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

39 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

My question for you is that are you trying to improve your overall damage per match?  Or are you just looking for that split second difference to maximize damage to a target before some else gets their shot off on the same target?

Considering he's willfully playing (grinding) the M1A1, I would assume the latter.

I doubt someone playing that garbage fire of a tank/line would be looking to improve personal stats ;)

I'm hoping no one would want to voluntarily play mid-tier Abrams MBTs after they've finished grinding through them. Anyone who does is either a masochist or a sociopath.

11 hours ago, Quantum_Ranger said:

So now my recurring problem is that I just can't deal out enough damage fast enough. Lots of target rich environments (so I'm in the right spot on the maps), but the stock reload times are getting annoying. Maybe everything seems slower compared to an espresso-fueled York....  Last night I racked up 17k damage in the Starshi* on the Stormy Winter map, but that was because everyone else was dead and didn't respawn, so the last 6 minutes was plinking away solo. And I still lost because I couldn't kill the bots fast enough to cap.

The retrofit for a reload is 99% case no-brainer installed for every tank of each player in this game, so grind out v2 of it first, and i suggest same for two optics. They are invesment. Grinding the tank line itself should be a secondary priority 

If you want more damage and provided you play PvE, rules are simple:

- Prioritize full hp and targets which are easiest to pen for you.

- Use HEAT as much as possible, though it doesn't always excels vs high tier vehicles (it is more issue for tier 7-8 vs tier 10 bots, but tier 6 is local top one in PvE, and tier 5 have no armor, so it should be fine).

- Play aggressively and close to enemy. Spawns and overall directions are not random, they can be memorized. Get safely closer to target spawn points to see and hit bots first, sometimes from more advantageous thin armor side or back. (Not cheap though, and it is easy to say from position of player who abuses tripple PvE kits  and Ophelia a lot in PvE lol)

Like already mentioned above, if the goal to speed up and escape from sometimes horrible tanks, the more adequate approach is to think how maximize XP gain. And here you would rather invest into everything making your spotting capabilities shine. As extra bonus, you would try of making a balance between spotting and module damage, and try every track vehicle you encounter as well to milk other players effort dealing damage to such target.

Sabrina is solid commander of choice. Easy. Another good commander is Sanna with crit/range view build, where such build can be easily accomplished with just 6-7 points. Everything else for starters in present form is mediocre at best. Don't think of Rachel, Philipp or ffs even made worse recently Kirsanov as something valuable.

6 hours ago, dfnce said:

The retrofit for a reload is 99% case no-brainer installed for every tank of each player in this game

At later/higher tiers I would agree, but 3 million credits is nothing to scoff at, especially for newer players. Purchasing V2 retros (especially gun breech) on a vehicle which you don't plan on playing again is simply a waste.

6 hours ago, dfnce said:

- Prioritize full hp and targets which are easiest to pen for you.

- Use HEAT as much as possible, though it doesn't always excels vs high tier vehicles (it is more issue for tier 7-8 vs tier 10 bots, but tier 6 is local top one in PvE, and tier 5 have no armor, so it should be fine).

- Play aggressively and close to enemy. Spawns and overall directions are not random, they can be memorized. Get safely closer to target spawn points to see and hit bots first, sometimes from more advantageous thin armor side or back. (Not cheap though, and it is easy to say from position of player who abuses tripple PvE kits  and Ophelia a lot in PvE lol)

Great point(s). Although he may already be aware of and/or using your advice ;)

Thanks everyone for their helpful responses and wisdom.

Re: Personal stats - you are correct, I don't care. Just out to have fun.

And yes, trying to get a bit of an edge so that I can squeak in some damage to a target before the York kills it.  Alternatively, when a bot is rushing me, to try to clobber the bot as much as possible before he can get (another) shot off. 

Re: Frowned upon tactics - Have unfortunately been a victim of some of these, especially when the early BP missions had players seeking early kills and lots of damage. Fortunately, folks have pretty much recognized how impotent the Abams is, and the bullies leave me alone because it's not worth the effort.

Looking forward to crew stat tutorial. Always wondered what the accuracy decay function was. May have to rebuild Phil 'cause I had no idea "crew stats" affected anything but health.

Glad I am on the right track with Sabrina; will pick up Sanna now that I am working towards the LAV-900.