Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Vanguard Raid - whaling for copycat camos and skins

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/vanguard-raid-now-available

The Vanguard Raid is now available. From the yellow wastes of Venus to Saturn’s icy moons, the Vanguard stands ready to deploy against all threats alien. The Russians once claimed the Armata to be capable of fighting on Mars. But what would tanks look like, were they really required to do so? Take a peek into an alternate reality to find out. You can read more about this Raid in our earlier preview.

This 49-day-long event will put you into the role of a raider, conquering the territory represented by a map.

You can access the event by:

• Completing 10 Contract Missions
  • Purchasing access for 499 Gold (click on the Raid icon in your Garage)

Four main rewards in the form of epic skins and camouflages await you:

Vanguard prizes (Click to Open)

scr1

scr2

van3

van4

TsUuy4b.jpg

07GD616.jpg

vpE6HUx.jpg

mOUW5RH.jpg

JycyqX5.jpg

oVOuHBK.jpg

juSeKS5.jpg

mkcwiy7.jpg

sFj9Oxs.jpg

gNeGdZc.jpg

Apart from the abovementioned rewards, there will be a lot more to earn, including Boosters, Battle Coins for the next Battle Path, Premium Time, Credits and more.

FAQ:

Spoiler

What is the Raid event?

The Raid is a 49-day-long event, in which you, as a Raider, conquer certain territory by moving along the lines representing roads and other paths and forming a grid. Each grid intersection has a point that is either a mission that you must complete (Mission Points), or a reward that you may claim (Reward Points). Completing the mission or claiming the reward unlocks another portion of the grid. The main prizes await you in each of the territory map’s corners. Players who complete all missions and claim all rewards receive a special reward.

Once the map is available to you (either by purchasing access or completing 10 Contract Missions), start from the center by clicking on one of the dots that show the initial direction of your advance.

What rewards are there available?

Standard Reward Points that can be found around the grid will reward you with various items such as Reputation, Boosters or even Battle Coins for an upcoming Battle Path. The top rewards that are waiting for you in each of the map’s corners are the four epic skins listed above.

Please note that these skins do not come with the vehicles themselves. The skins also work with multiple vehicle upgrades where applicable. Finally, completing all missions and claiming all rewards will unlock the top reward, the Mist camouflage.

What missions appear in Raid?

There are four categories of missions available:

• PvP missions (which require you to play either Random Battles or Global Operations)
  • PvE missions (which require you to play either standard PvE or Special Operations)
  • General missions (which can be completed in both PvP and PvE)
  • Elite missions (which require you to complete a very difficult objective in order to access major rewards such as the abovementioned skins)

General, PvE and PvP missions have randomized requirements that may include the use of vehicles from specific dealers, or playing specific Tiers. Elite missions are not randomized.

Can I obtain the rewards only by playing my favorite mode? For example, I do not want to play PvP or PvE.

Yes.

Some missions require me to do things I do not understand, like Kill or Eliminate. Can you explain?

There are several goal categories included:

• Kill/Destroy
  • Assist
  • Eliminate
  • Performance requirement

Kill (or Destroy, which is the same thing) simply means you have to be the player who deals the finishing blow to the target.

Assist means that you have to be the player who deals the most damage to the target (save for killing it). There is no threshold – if player A deals 40 percent of all the damage to the target, player B deals 30 percent of all the damage done to the target and then player C deals the remaining 30 percent and kills it, player A will get the “assist”. Kill or assist requirements often come together, so you can either achieve a kill, or an assist and both will count towards your mission progress.

Eliminate means that you have to destroy the target AND, at the same time, be the player dealing the most damage to it. What that means is that, in the case described above, no player would achieve elimination. However, if two players dealt 30 percent of damage each and then another player dealt 40 percent of damage and killed the target, that player would achieve elimination.

Performance is the percentage of hits that hit your target while dealing main hitpoint damage. In other words, a mission with 80 percent performance requirement requires 80 percent of all your shells to hit your target and deal hitpoint damage to it. What this means is that:

• Shells that hit and deal damage (even without penetration, like HE explosions) will count
  • Shells that don’t hit but still deal damage (HE splash) don’t count
  • Shells that hit but don’t deal damage (non-penetrations, ricochets) don’t count
  • Shells that hit but only deal module damage (hitting enemy ERA, tracks or gun) don’t count

Is it possible to change missions if I do not like the conditions?

Yes. You may obtain a Reroll Token from a Reward Point. Using it changes the conditions of a single mission. Please note that PvP missions cannot be rerolled into PvE ones and vice versa, the main mode requirement will always remain the same. Elite missions cannot be rerolled. Reroll Tokens can also be purchased for Gold.

Is it possible to skip missions?

Yes. You may obtain a Raider Token from a Reward Point. Using it will instantly complete the mission you have selected. However, please note that these items are rare and you best save yours for a rainy day. Please also note that completing Elite missions this way will cost you five Raider Tokens. Raider Tokens can also be purchased for Gold.

What are the time limits on this event?

The Raid missions have no timers and, if you wish, the entire event can be completed even on Day 1. The only timer that is present is the 49-day deadline that starts at the event’s launch and is therefore the same for everybody. You can see the time left to complete the event in the upper right corner of the Raid window.

By the way, you don't get the full skins or camos. You get PARTS for the skins and camos.

cW9Bwuc.png

Spoiler

Straight up these missions are selfish asshole ones, take this one for example, this is tier 3-6 TDs you need to do 200k damage but you must have the highest damage in the team for your result to count to the 200k. Or do 40k damage in a single game and earn a teamwork medal no deaths in a team.

This is only for 1 piece of camo, you need 50 for an unlock, they are goading people into complete tokens with these requirements.

SKIP RAID  

What Raid.jpg

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)

So they managed to make Raid even worse by implementing lootboxes feature into the mix... Impressive....

So they managed to make one of the worst ever events even worse. Well that takes some serious effort. Good job mycom.

3 hours ago, Grenier said:

So they managed to make Raid even worse by implementing lootboxes feature into the mix... Impressive....

1 hour ago, Schlock said:

So they managed to make one of the worst ever events even worse. Well that takes some serious effort. Good job mycom.

But...but they said they would significantly change the raid to improve it this time around.:classic_ninja:

16 hours ago, Zafir said:

But...but they said they would significantly change the raid to improve it this time around.:classic_ninja:

I mean there was some kind of improvement in terms of whaling possibilities and comedy value :kek:

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

11 hours ago, TeyKey1 said:

I mean there was some kind of improvement in terms of whaling possibilities and comedy value :kek:

Improvement is improvement, comrade!

On 10/29/2021 at 12:29 AM, Haswell said:

So the devs literally ripped off PanzerSofa's custom camo. @tahax

OIbzv5t.png

We transferred the original camouflage files ourselves, so everything is fine :)

• Upvote 1

Previous raids had this difference that you could some specific reward, such as bp coins, boosters. Now nodes have a mostly camo/skin fragments -- not all of them bad, but doing raid puts you to two choices - either you plan do unlock all nodes, or you skip this raid entirely. To me filling the map with fragments of camos is pretty bad design.

EDIT:

I just noticed that node reward also can 1 part of some premium tank, i see CATTB, 2 places with 490 etc. Well, probably useful for people with ~90-99 parts.

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

I like these camos the best of any that they've put into Raids, so they actually got me to try it out.  I used re-rolls to sync up missions which let me complete 5 at once, but then at the next layer out from the center it was basically impossible to get them to sync at all.

So now I've resorted to whaling for what I want (CATTB, GAU-8, possibly PL-01), and won't get fooled again.

I'm just ignoring the parts-based camos.  If they can be traded (I haven't looked) I'll probably just make them available within the Battalion.  But they probably can't be traded, so I'll probably just let them sit there in inventory.

Sort of like the 3 pages of old crates that I have in inventory.

Is it even possible to finish the 50k XP Elite missions?  The mission only counts in PvE if you get the Blue Star, and since most PvE missions top out at around 800-850 XP/mission that's asking you to run 60 missions in 24 hours.

Yeah, 24 hours.  The missions auto-reroll every 24 hours.

They really need to separate PvE and Spec Ops requirements in all of their events.  It looks to me like they design all of the requirements for things that are at least theoretically possible in Spec Ops, but then call them PvE requirements despite the fact that they're not possible in PvE.

Yeah, I get it, Spec Ops is a form of PvE.  But GLOPS is a form of PvP, too, yet they have separate requirements for those.  So why not do it for Spec Ops and PvE, too?

I mean, the "get 25 eliminations in one match" missions are almost as bad, but those I can at least see as being theoretically possible in Spec Ops.  I can't see getting 50k XPs in 24 hours in either mode.

(Even a full x10 Heroics run will only get you around 23k xp, just to put it in perspective...)

All working as intended in order to frustrate you into spending money to skip them.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Haswell said:

All working as intended in order to frustrate you into spending money to skip them.

All failing and instead convincing me to stop playing until the Raid is over.