Edit History

Grenier

Grenier

Expected versus real armor behavior (also known as “the indicator was green, why didn’t I penetrate the armor?”)

This part and the paragraph below it, as well as the "looking up, down, left, right" for a WS just screams "WE BELIEVE OUR PLAYERS ARE JUST COMPLETE RETARDS THAT CAN'T EVEN LEARN ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT SO WE MUST DUMB DOWN THE GAME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE HAHA WE ARE SO GOOD AT BALANCE, YES INDEED, NO NEED FOR TESTING"

LFPs were already pretty much an universal WS, before they started destroying game balance with 0.33, this is just a stupid statement...

One of the most important compromises was that of “realism”. There are other tank games on the market that either claim realism, or have at least started that way. From them arose a certain set of paradigms that apply to you as our community even though there’s no particular reason to do so save for legacy perceptions. A few examples include:

Well, to me, this """"compromise"""" of realism, is very important to make the game appealing to me. If the appearance of the vehicle is the only real part about it, my interest in playing is greatly diminished. Yes, it is the same in high tiers, but as they said, we don't know the values, and it is in a way, at least to me, easier to accept, even if it's certain that most armor and pen values are over the top compared to the real thing. I'm still very much against the high tier balance overall.

But we know about the precise armor and pen values of most of the low tier stuff, and seeing them being completely ignored, in layout, shapes, values, is really making me sad.

"Yes, we do know the Chieftain armor doesn’t look that way on the inside, or that it’s missing its pike nose. We also know the Leopard armor looks differently. All these changes were designed to make armor performance more predictable and for all MBTs to adhere to the gameplay changes described above. We tried to preserve at least the general MBT styles – as such, the Leopard is the least armored of other MBTs of its Tier"

Making armor more predictable ? What a load of BS, having to shoot at a tank hitbox that barely looks like the tank you are looking at isn't making it more predictable. Also why does this model butchering doesn't affect anything eastern really? T series tanks have their round turret actually being round, apart for a bit of turret roof on one T-72 If I recall correctly. IS-7 pike nose is there, but Chieftains and M48 hulls and turrets had to be butchered to great lengths apparently. Welp, too much to talk about this part, better move on...

Why do all MBTs have the same armor layout?

I will just talk about the ammo part here, more precisely the HEAT shells that "can rarely penetrate frontal armor, best used against MBT side armor or light targets", which is complete BS, since only the T series stuff on T6 and the Chief 900 can stop HEAT shells on their LFP, on all the others MBTs, it's pretty much a big chunk of green. 

Also, low tier HEAT MP will deal up to 245 chip dmg (Taifun HEAT) for a 120mm shell, as if us complaining how retarded that is when it was there on high tier tanks and the nerf to HEAT MP chip dmg that was done never happened.

With that being said, there are some armor layouts that perhaps do not have the intended values. We are looking into them right now.

Yeah.... "SOME", of course, not the Fox with 50mm thick plates, not the Leo 1 with 700mm UFP, not the BMP-1 with 200mm turret front, etc... Apart for the VBL and the Jarmila, it seems that every single vehicle has had its armor overbuffed accros the board to their retarded standards.

As also stated above, we wanted to protect the MBT class from long-range autocannon fire. Unfortunately, in the process, we discovered that autocannon vehicles can no longer engage MBTs effectively, even at close distances. We are working at the moment to fix this.

Testing? What does that even meeeeeean?

Why does the same shell have a higher penetration or damage on Tier 1-6 than it does on Tier 7-10?

Logic ? What does that even meeeeeean?

Why did the Type 62 become an MBT?

Welp, the thing has been bugged for years, being a MBT with LT stats, same size and armor as the T-55, might as well go all in right? Once again, retarded arguments...

Hey, at least the Rooikat becoming a TD can actually be argued on, it's not a completely illogical retarded change! Even though it's a nerf for the tank, as wheeled gun TD are mostly crap... And the Rooikat lost its decent-ish armor, but we have a TD that can designate now, how original! Much diversity! 

This is kinda the last nail in the coffin for the game to me really... Well, there were a lot of last nails in that coffin for the past year when I think about it...

I'm pretty sure there is a funny quote about still being here and suffering, but can't remember it... Oh well...

Grenier

Grenier

Expected versus real armor behavior (also known as “the indicator was green, why didn’t I penetrate the armor?”)

This part and the paragraph below it, as well as the "looking up, down, left, right" for a WS just screams "WE BELIEVE OUR PLAYERS ARE JUST COMPLETE RETARDS THAT CAN'T EVEN LEARN ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT SO WE MUST DUMB DOWN THE GAME AS MUTCH AS POSSIBLE HAHA WE ARE SO GOOD AT BALANCE, YES INDEED, NO NEED FOR TESTING"

LFPs were already pretty much an universal WS, before they started destroying game balance with 0.33, this is just a stupid statement...

One of the most important compromises was that of “realism”. There are other tank games on the market that either claim realism, or have at least started that way. From them arose a certain set of paradigms that apply to you as our community even though there’s no particular reason to do so save for legacy perceptions. A few examples include:

Well, to me, this """"compromise"""" of realism, is very important to make the game appealing to me. If the appearance of the vehicle is the only real part about it, my interest in playing is greatly diminished. Yes, it is the same in high tiers, but as they said, we don't know the values, and it is in a way, at least to me, easier to accept, even if it's certain that most armor and pen values are over the top compared to the real thing. I'm still very much against the high tier balance overall.

But we know about the precise armor and pen values of most of the low tier stuff, and seeing them being completely ignored, in layout, shapes, values, is really making me sad.

"Yes, we do know the Chieftain armor doesn’t look that way on the inside, or that it’s missing its pike nose. We also know the Leopard armor looks differently. All these changes were designed to make armor performance more predictable and for all MBTs to adhere to the gameplay changes described above. We tried to preserve at least the general MBT styles – as such, the Leopard is the least armored of other MBTs of its Tier"

Making armor more predictable ? What a load of BS, having to shoot at a tank hitbox that barely looks like the tank you are looking at isn't making it more predictable. Also why does this model butchering doesn't affect anything eastern really? T series tanks have their round turret actually being round, apart for a bit of turret roof on one T-72 If I recall correctly. IS-7 pike nose is there, but Chieftains and M48 hulls and turrets had to be butchered to great lengths apparently. Welp, too much to talk about this part, better move on...

I will just talk about the ammo part here, more precisely the HEAT shells that "can rarely penetrate frontal armor, best used against MBT side armor or light targets", which is complete BS, since only the T series stuff on T6 and the Chief 900 can stop HEAT shells on their LFP, on all the others MBTs, it's pretty much a big chunk of green. 

Also, low tier HEAT MP will deal up to 245 chip dmg (Taifun HEAT) for a 120mm shell, as if us complaining how retarded that is when it was there on high tier tanks and the nerf to HEAT MP chip dmg that was done never happened.

With that being said, there are some armor layouts that perhaps do not have the intended values. We are looking into them right now.

Yeah.... "SOME", of course, not the Fox with 50mm thick plates, not the Leo 1 with 700mm UFP, not the BMP-1 with 200mm turret front, etc... Apart for the VBL and the Jarmila, it seems that every single vehicle has had its armor overbuffed accros the board to their retarded standards.

As also stated above, we wanted to protect the MBT class from long-range autocannon fire. Unfortunately, in the process, we discovered that autocannon vehicles can no longer engage MBTs effectively, even at close distances. We are working at the moment to fix this.

Why does the same shell have a higher penetration or damage on Tier 1-6 than it does on Tier 7-10?

Welp, the thing has been bugged for years, being a MBT with LT stats, same size and armor as the T-55, might as well go all in right? Once again, retarded arguments...

Hey, at least the Rooikat becoming a TD can actually be argued on, it's not a completely illogical retarded change! Even though it's a nerf for the tank, as wheeled gun TD are mostly crap... And the Rooikat lost its decent-ish armor, but we have a TD that can designate now, how original! Much diversity! 

This is kinda the last nail in the coffin for the game to me really... Well, there was a lot of last nails in that coffin for the past year when I think about it...

I'm pretty sure there is a funny quote about still being here and suffering, but can't remember it... Oh well...

Grenier

Grenier

This part and the paragraph below it, as well as the "looking up, down, left, right" for a WS just screams "WE BELIEVE OUR PLAYERS ARE JUST COMPLETE RETARDS THAT CAN'T EVEN LEARN ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT SO WE MUST DUMB DOWN THE GAME AS MUTCH AS POSSIBLE HAHA WE ARE SO GOOD AT BALANCE, YES INDEED, NO NEED FOR TESTING"

Well, to me, this """"compromise"""" of realism, is very important to make the game appealing to me. If the appearance of the vehicle is the only real part about it, my interest in playing is greatly diminished. Yes it is the same in high tiers, but as they said, we don't know the values, and it is in a way, at least to me, easier to accept, even if it's certain that most armor and pen values are over the top compared to the real thing. I'm still very much against the high tier balance overall.

But we know about the precise armor and pen values of most of the low tier stuff, and seeing them being completely ignored, both in layout, shapes, values, is really making me sad.

Making armor more predictable ? What a load of BS, having to shoot at a tank hitbox that barely looks like the tank you are looking at isn't making it more predictable. Also why does this model butchering doesn't affect anything eastern really? T series tanks have there round turret acutally being round, apart for a bit of turret roof on one T-72 If I recall correctly. IS-7 pike nose is there, but Chieftains and M48 hulls and turret had to be butchered to great lengths apparently. Welp, too much to talk about this part, better move on...

I will just talk about the ammo part here, more precisely the HEAT shells that "can rarely penetrate frontal armor, best used against MBT side armor or light targets", which is complete BS, since only the T series stuff on T6 and the Chief 900 can stop HEAT shells on their LFP, all the others MBTs, it's pretty much a big chunk of green. 

Yeah.... "SOME", of course, not the Fox with 50mm thick plates, not the Leo 1 with 700mm UFP, not the BMP-1 with 200mm turret front, etc... Apart for the VBL and the Jarmila, it seems that every single vehicle has has its armor overbuffed accros the board to their retarded standards.

Welp, the thing has been bugged for years, being a MBT, same size and armor as the T-55, might as well go all in right? Once again, retarded arguments...

This is kinda the last nail in the coffin for the game to me really... Well, there was a lot of last nails in that coffin for the past year when I think about it...