Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

October 21 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-october-21

On the 21st of October 2021, starting from 8:00 CEST (20th of October, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.37.8499

scr3

List of Update 0.37.8499 Changes

CATTB Improvements

We are adding a Burlak-style Ready Rack to the vehicle – a special two-round Ready Rack where both rounds have their separate loading timers. Firing one round does not reset the Ready Rack timer for the second one. Additionally, the shell reload time was reduced from 15s to 14s.

General Changes

• Fixed an issue where Rashid Al-Atassi’s skills that were supposed to reduce the ATGM reload time were in fact increasing it
  • Fixed the Leopard 2 series gun barrel visual model issues
  • Tier 7 to Tier 10 Kevlar Spall Liner modules now grant a 400 hitpoint bonus instead of 300
  • B1 Draco: Improved this vehicle’s armor to match the rest of the Centauro series
  • Bradley FV: Improved the quality of this vehicle’s visual model, fixed some smaller issues
  • Expeditionary Tank: Fixed the flying smoke covers
  • Kampfpanzer 70: HE penetration reduced from 55mm to 50mm
  • M109: Stock engine hull traverse value now corresponds to reality (15.6 deg/s)
  • M1128 Stryker: Adjusted this vehicle’s gun depression so that the gun no longer clips the hull
  • M48 GAU-8: Fixed the turret ring armor model (it is now 200mm thick)
  • M60A2: HEAT penetration reduced from 735mm to 670mm, ATGM penetration reduced from 800mm to 750mm
  • M60A3: HEAT damage increased from 430 to 540, HEP damage increased from 310 to 370
  • MTLB S-8: Removed the damage bonus for rocket penetration
  • PL-01: Improved the quality of this vehicle’s visual model, fixed some smaller issues
  • T-90A: Fixed the incorrect rear armor by reducing it from 800mm to the intended value of 55mm
  • TAM 2IP: Fixed the laser effect appearance
  • TAM 2IP: Fixed an issue where Contract Mission completion wouldn’t work correctly for the additional progression module unlocking mechanism
  • Strv 2000: Fixed the gun’s model
  • Stryker ADATS: Fixed this vehicle’s bottom armor that was incorrectly 600mm thick, made some smaller armor adjustments in other areas
  • XM800T: LAW rockets now deal damage upon non-penetration
  • Fixed a number of other small visual vehicle model issues
  • Fixed a number of small armor and module positioning issues
  • Added the Halloween assets to the game

zfxhDtn.png

CATTB buff looks nice, too bad it took over a year to get here.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

CATTB buff looks nice, too bad it took over a year to get here.

We'll see.

CATTB Improvements

We are adding a Burlak-style Ready Rack to the vehicle – a special two-round Ready Rack where both rounds have their separate loading timers. Firing one round does not reset the Ready Rack timer for the second one. Additionally, the shell reload time was reduced from 15s to 14s.

I can see the Burlak-style RR being a slight improvement, but honestly that doesn't feel like a major change to me.  It only reloads 1 shell at a time anyway.  And remember that the CATTB's double-tap feature kind of works against the Burlak's RR feature in that you're more likely to fire both shells at once in the CATTB than you are in the Burlak, leaving you with full reloads for both shells.

And reducing the shell reload time from 15s to 14s is... nothing.  I've been advocating for 12s as a conservative fix.  28 seconds of down time vs 30 seconds just isn't a real improvement.

Just played a game with the CATTB, if you play with Douglas you can aggressively push the reload under 12 seconds, 11.77 seconds with my current loadout, the Burlak ready rack is a game changer for the vehicle's playstyle, I would really happily trade and increased burst delay up to 3-4 seconds for more reload time reductions and better after bloom control, needs more HEAT and AP protection for the frontal hull.  

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Just played a game with the CATTB, if you play with Douglas you can aggressively push the reload under 12 seconds, 11.77 seconds with my current loadout, the Burlak ready rack is a game changer for the vehicle's playstyle, I would really happily trade and increased burst delay up to 3-4 seconds for more reload time reductions and better after bloom control, needs more HEAT and AP protection for the frontal hull.  

I played it last night intentionally in order to remind myself of its pre-patch performance, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet today.  (And probably won't until after work this evening.)

Just remember that the XM1A3, which has the same gun and ammo, starts out with a base 9.8 second reload.  It's under 10 seconds to start with, and mods/commanders take it down even further from there.  And the Leclerc T4 starts at 8.4 seconds with a 140mm gun.  Even the ATDU which has notoriously bad reload starts at 11.0 seconds.  The Object 195 and Object 490 152mm guns both start at 11.4 seconds.  So 11.77 for the CATTB with refits and commander can't be described as good by any stretch of imagination.

If the double tap actually worked properly it wouldn't be so ridiculous.  But that crazy-obnoxious bloom completely ruins the double tap feature, and it takes literally 2-3 seconds before Aim Time kicks in again after the first shot.  So, sure, on paper it looks like you can double tap 2 shots in about a second, but that's not really true beyond about 50m range.  If it had normal bloom then the current stats might actually work, but with the ridiculous bloom its reload needs to be much faster - probably in the 11 second range, but I'd be happy to try 12 to start - because it can't effectively double tap as advertised.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)