Qbicle

July 2 Update Notes

Article URL:

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-july-2

Battle UI Indicator Fixes

Based on your feedback, we’re introducing a number of adjustments to the recently added overhauled UI indicators, as we promised we would. Specifically:

• Fixed an issue where vehicle indicator could appear on incorrect places
  • Added new font size options (small and very small)
  • Reduced the indicator font boldness
  • It’s now possible (via a new setting in the Settings panel) to change the color of your or the enemy team’s vehicle indicators in the game
  • Dead AI opponents no longer appear with indicators
  • It’s now possible to switch the health indicator between percentage and actual hitpoints
  • Flyaway hitpoints logic was changed a bit so they don’t merge so much, allowing players to better identify damage from autocannons
  • Many tiny changes to the appearance of these indicators

AI Opponent Aiming Changes

In accordance with the previously released article, we are introducing the following changes:

• AI ATGMs are now considerably less accurate
  • Changed the AI aiming system in accordance with the article linked above and optimized its performance
  • AI opponents now target unmanned turrets less often
  • Fixed an issue where the AI opponents did not use their Ready Racks correctly
  • Fixed an issue where some AI opponents would not use ATGMs

Global Operations Air Raid Changes

Changed the number of possible Air Raid wildcard spawn points in the Global Operations mode as such:

• Ghost Field: Reduced by 25%
  • Roughneck: Reduced by 40% along with a small reduction of AC-130 spawns
  • Panama: Reduced by 20%
  • Grindelwald: Reduced by 50%
  • Narrows, Desert Crossing and Barren Divide: no changes

General Changes

• Mechanized Infantry is now invulnerable for a short period of time after deployment
  • Mechanized Infantry active ability description tooltip now has its characteristics in it (shell type, damage dealt, view range, camouflage and the number of troops in the squad)
  • Fixed an issue where infantry would not deploy properly upon respawn
  • Challenger 2: Armor Inspector model now correctly shows hits that would kill the loader
  • PL-01: Fixed an issue where this vehicle’s ADAPTIV module would not always provide the intended camouflage amount
  • Fixed an issue where the damage dealt to various objects such as pillboxes would show in your UI as blocked damage
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camouflage environment type (for example, from Desert to Woodland) would not lead to the change of the vehicle’s appearance correctly
  • Fixed the mortar crew firing animation
  • Fixed the double flag issue for the following vehicles: XM247, M50 Ontos and WPB Anders
  • Fixed an issue where the doors of an IFV would not close if the Mechanized Infantry deployment was unsuccessful
  • Fixed some issues that led to game crashes

Hopefully the new additions to the vehicle indicator UI settings will be useful and customisable.

The bot changes mentioned in AI Improvement should begin to take effect.

aMcZOFg.png

6 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Based on your feedback, we’re introducing a number of adjustments to the recently added overhauled UI indicators, as we promised we would. Specifically:

• Fixed an issue where vehicle indicator could appear on incorrect places
  • Added new font size options (small and very small)
  • Reduced the indicator font boldness
  • It’s now possible (via a new setting in the Settings panel) to change the color of your or the enemy team’s vehicle indicators in the game
  • Dead AI opponents no longer appear with indicators
  • It’s now possible to switch the health indicator between percentage and actual hitpoints
  • Flyaway hitpoints logic was changed a bit so they don’t merge so much, allowing players to better identify damage from autocannons
  • Many tiny changes to the appearance of these indicators

This sounds very nice, although I'll have to see the changes in person before making any additional comments.

Changed the number of possible Air Raid wildcard spawn points in the Global Operations mode as such:

THANK FUCKING GOD. I hate how teams/players have become so reliant on bombing runs, to the point where many would rather prioritize the bomber over capturing objectives.

I also tend to miss/ignore bomber caps myself. So more pew pew shooty shoot damage for me ;)

PL-01: Fixed an issue where this vehicle’s ADAPTIV module would not always provide the intended camouflage amount

Didn't they "fix" this in a previous patch? How is the portable bush still bugged/broken? On another note, buff LTs (especially the PL) in 0.33 please...

Thooonc.png.501ba21d5ab036531ece6500ce83d0ee.png

EDIT: They did! 

Spirithaven season (Update 0.31) patchnotes: 

PL-01

• Hard-kill APS LEDS-150 changed into LEDS Next Gen Prototype, increasing its charges from 6 to 8 and reducing its minimum range from 20m to 15m
  • Fixed the issue where the ADAPTIV camouflage system would provide lower than intended bonus to camouflage
Edited by di_duncan
Added previous patchnotes. (see edit history)

The hit point damage fly-away is something  that isn't growing on me.  I wish they would bring back the old methods and allow us to select which ones we wanted to use.  However, but able to see the different types would be more helpful.

This section bothers me a hair:

AI Opponent Aiming Changes

In accordance with the previously released article, we are introducing the following changes:

• AI ATGMs are now considerably less accurate
  • Changed the AI aiming system in accordance with the article linked above and optimized its performance
  • AI opponents now target unmanned turrets less often
  • Fixed an issue where the AI opponents did not use their Ready Racks correctly
  • Fixed an issue where some AI opponents would not use ATGMs

Sorry, but with the track record of trying to do certain things being very lacking, I have a feeling that a surprise is in order for us tomorrow when this goes live.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

5 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

Sorry, but with the track record of trying to do certain things being very lacking, I have a feeling that a surprise is in order for us tomorrow when this goes live.

Since this change mainly affects PvE and is intended to make AI opponents less "perfect", I believe the worst case scenario would simply make PvE hardcore (and perhaps heroic/spec ops as well) much easier for players.

While there will likely be issues upon initial release, hopefully their design(s)/vision(s) can become better fleshed-out as patches are rolled out.

As usual, devs keep adding new stuff and they cannot imagine it doesn't look like their favourite game of childhood (either it is HP bar in WoT or floating damage numbers in WoW).

10 hours ago, di_duncan said:
16 hours ago, Qbicle said:

THANK FUCKING GOD. I hate how teams/players have become so reliant on bombing runs, to the point where many would rather prioritize the bomber over capturing objectives.

Finally. Nothing more frustrating than beeing taken out by an airstrike just to be hit again by the next one when you respawned. 

However I feel that the reduction by 25% on ghostfield is to little.

6 hours ago, Schlock said:

Undocumented changes:

- Meltdown is back

- AI Merkavas now fire ATGMs

Also now the launcher doesn't log in so I can't start the game

On 7/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, Qbicle said:

Why did they bother changing it on Panama/Grindelwald..

I haven't seen those in about... 80 games? I was beginning to believe I just imagined them, like the fading fleeting remnants of a pleasant dream, upon waking.

you might as well adjust the MM of arty in glops. :classic_rolleyes:

But seriously, Good, good, good.

Nothing more frustrating than one team being given the ability to bomb the other back to the stone age, and it's usually the team that's already winning that gets it too.

Actually just change it to 1 nuke that air-bursts over Narrows, and the radiation makes it uninhabitable for about, I dunno... 10,000 years? :christmass_wub:I'd pay IRL money for that.

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

23 hours ago, di_duncan said:

This sounds very nice, although I'll have to see the changes in person before making any additional comments.

After playing a number of games today, I can confidently say the new UI indicators are a step in the right direction. While I personally found many of the new options to be unnecessary/superfluous, customizing size and color is certainly a welcome option. I've found that setting enemy indicators to "small" and team/friendly indicators to "smallest" is perfectly adequate for my use. 

Although there certainly have been improvements made to the new indicators, there is definitely still room from improvement. In my humble opinion, these are settings/areas of improvement which I would like to see in future updates:

• Allow different font sizes for player names and respective vehicle information within indicators (player names are sometimes still irksome)
  • Give an option to remove vehicle tier (number) and type (symbol) elements individually (as mentioned previously, experienced players can often recognize a vehicle's tier immediately. Some may even find vehicle tier to be entirely redundant)
  • Modify/allow customization of indicator "dimming" behaviour (when spotted vehicles are no longer spotted, their indicators dim/dull before they become fully unspotted)

I have also noticed a particular rendering issue where distant enemy vehicles were spotted with the appropriate indicators above them, but their actual vehicle(s) and "outline(s)" were not visible/rendered. I could shoot, penetrate and deal damage to them, but I was unable to visibly see their vehicle(s). Has anyone else experienced identical/similar phenomena?

Of course, these are merely my thoughts, experiences and preferences. I would also love to hear the opinions of others from our ArmoredLabs community.

3 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

Why did they bother changing it on Panama/Grindelwald..

I haven't seen those in about... 80 games? I was beginning to believe I just imagined them, like the fading fleeting remnants of a pleasant dream, upon waking.

you might as well adjust the MM of arty in glops. :classic_rolleyes:

I play those maps quite frequently though... Plus, they are among some of the more enjoyable GlOps maps IMO ;)

3 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

Actually just change it to 1 nuke that air-bursts over Narrows, and the radiation makes it uninhabitable for about, I dunno... 10,000 years? :christmass_wub:I'd pay IRL money for that.

While I once shared a similar resentment for Narrows, I've warmed up to it over time. Both my friend Shrek and I agree that it's definitely too small for full phat 15 vs. 15 GlOps matches though... It should definitely be restricted to 10 vs. 10 exclusively. 

Unfortunately, I have developed a newfound hatred for Roughneck and Desert Crossing instead. Roughneck is imbalanced in GlOps, while Desert Crossing essentially funnels teams into "channels/corridors" (which is far from ideal for AFVs and LTs); not to mention there is so much random garbage to get stuck on within these respective "corridors". 

11 hours ago, di_duncan said:

I play those maps quite frequently though... Plus, they are among some of the more enjoyable GlOps maps IMO ;)

All i can say to that is: you lucky, lucky bastard :-) Can I have your Magic Account?
Here's my stats of matches played in the last month: well actually June + up to and including yesterday, main acc. I write them down, so this is what occurred.June-glopsmatches.png.02a417fc47c0e047d6970b5fa3ac41ed.png

good maps: 11
others: 97
Sucks huh.
Still hate Narrows with every molecule of my being, love all the 15x15 maps. GF & RN are OK.

11 hours ago, di_duncan said:

say the new UI indicators

the font still sucks though. It itches at my typographic soul.
But, Agreed: It's now better.

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

What tiers do you play mostly Lenticulas ?

I often get panama and grindelwald. 3 Matches out of 7 was on waterway last night.

I mostly play tier 10 and sometimes 9

Edited by Norse_Viking (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Norse_Viking said:

What tiers do you play mostly Lenticulas ?

The games were as follows:
where it says total it's then: games played/number on those 4 maps

T10. total 12/2

• Kornet EM 12/2  (ie 12 games of which 2 were on the good maps)

T9. total 30/5

• Anders. 10
  • AS21. 2
  • Centauro 120. 2
  • Crab. 16/5

T8. total 15/4

• Harimau. 6/1
  • M1128. 1
  • Type99. 1/1
  • VCAC Mephisto. 5/1
  • VBR. 2/1

T7. total 48/0

• Challenger I. 1
  • Leclerc Proto. 2
  • Rosomak. 33 <- grinding this one
  • Stingray2. 1
  • Type89 IFV. 1
  • VBL Ingwe. 7
  • Wiesel HOT 3

T6. total 3/0

• Swingfire 2 <- I had a moment of madness, and played the Swingfire
  • VFM Mk5. 1

PS. if the numbers don't add up, I probably couldn't read my own writing, but they're close enough.

EDIT: Looking at this, I'm beginning to suspect that these maps have been removed from T5-7 entirely ...
Has anyone had a game on them at T7?

8 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

All i can say to that is: you lucky, lucky bastard :-) Can I have your Magic Account?
Here's my stats of matches played in the last month: well actually June + up to and including yesterday, main acc. I write them down, so this is what occurred.

I played lots of matches today in Tier 9 GLOPS and I had roughly the same result as you had. Only once encountered Desert Crossing. Otherwise only the three abovementioned maps.

But I often got 9v9 matches so this might be the cause.

Edited by TeyKey1 (see edit history)

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

11 hours ago, Norse_Viking said:

I mostly play tier 10 and sometimes 9

Same here, and I seem to get all of the maps from the GlOps pool. Interesting to see that Roughneck, Ghostfield, and Narrows are more common for some...

Perhaps the matchmaker adapts/adjusts map selection accounting for network and server variables? I'm sure the larger dedicated GlOps maps require more server resources and may even tax their networking infrastructure more as well.

Now that I think about it, many of the games I've played on Desert Crossing, Grindelwald or Barren Divide take place as PvP queues are dying down.

Roughneck for me is a map that if I could exclude it from the line up I would.  I don't know what it is but before we get to the second round of caps to contest I can tell if we are going to win or lose.  If I was to go and calculate a win rate on that map alone I'd be willing to say my win rate on it is in the 20 percent range and I see it all the time.

Narrows is one of those maps that just doesn't seem to have enough time because once the battle goes one way its done.

The rest of them aren't bad.  I like Grindelwald but the map is too big.  Ghostfield is a blast and I've seen battles see-saw back and forth and you are left in a state of suspense until the last few points on who is going to win.

Some observations:

AI ATGMs are now considerably less accurate

No, they are not.

AI opponents now target unmanned turrets less often

Really?  Then why am I taking full damage shots to unmanned turrets?

Fixed an issue where the AI opponents did not use their Ready Racks correctly

Fixed an issue where some AI opponents would not use ATGMs

Yes and no.  First off, we complain about how certain players in MBT's use ATGM's, but there are cases where it is acceptable in rare cases.  But why do I get spammed ATGM's from a Merkava 4M?

23 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

Yes and no.  First off, we complain about how certain players in MBT's use ATGM's, but there are cases where it is acceptable in rare cases.  But why do I get spammed ATGM's from a Merkava 4M?

This is actually a nerf to bots.  Gun-fired ATGMs are generally worse for bots than whatever standard ammunition the gun can fire, so the fact that the Merkavas now fire an ATGM once in a while means they're less effective than if they'd just fired the gun.

Bot ATGMs are only a problem on vehicles that can spam them rapidly.  A bot firing a single ATGM every 6-8 seconds isn't a problem in PvE.