Sign in to follow this  
Kennymax89

Extra XP events?

Does armored warfare ever run extra xp around holidays or weekends? I haven't been back long and do not remember if they ever did.

I believe they do. However, these increased XP multipliers will only apply to your first win of the day in each mode. For example, whereas the normal first win multiplier is 200%, some events may increase that to 300%. Consequently, the most efficient [daily] grind would involve decent wins in PvE (hardcore obviously), PvP (random battles), and Global Operations.

Unfortunately, most in-game promotions they run during "regular" periods only involve crew or commander XP. Previous event bonuses have been far too generous, allowing grinds to be shortened significantly. This wasn't particularly healthy for the game, as many players had already renowned most/all of their vehicles and eventually became tired of the game.

This has also led to the creation of overprogression abilities, modules, and even entire vehicle lines (which has been a point of controversy to say the least).

We removed many of them. The progression rate around 2016-2017 was a mess, we made too many bonuses and too many players got too much stuff too fast. Even now, there are veterans with billions of XP and Credits that get every new progression vehicle instantly. Not healthy for the game.

It's not so much that old players are already sitting on stockpiles of free XP and credits, it's that the economy is too rewarding towards players who perform poorly. Assuming hardcore PvE, even if a player only performs average at best they would still be getting a not insignificant amount of XP. This gets even worse with premium time and boosters and insignias, all of which drop like candy and players are encouraged to stack up those bonuses. Failing your way to tier 10 is a completely viable playstyle, which isn't healthy for the game to begin with.

I understand the lack of XP and credit bonuses is an attempt to flatten out the stockpiles, but one thing to note is that the majority of players who already have said stockpiles probably wouldn't notice the difference with or without the bonuses either way. On the other hand new players have to suffer through the harsher economy, because playing in pubs simply don't pay well unless you chase after the spec ops x4, which is a lot harder to do below tier 7 due to the lack of players overall. Tier 9-10 vehicles can easily be ground out in heroics assuming you have competent friends (which is another reason I want to coach more newbies to the art of heroics), so really the lack of bonuses are only hurting new players and not much else.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

These x3 events and (I don't recall we had too many x5) really helped to level a commander ladder, where the said ladder is tedious process and in my opinion is more hurting to the game population than fast progression.

The commander grinding process itself requires tons of boosts/insignias to burn. My observation was that as a subproduct of such 3-5 day quite grindy activity (per tier 10 PvE, to level one commander up to Colonel) a player can have reputation enough to pass to tier 8, maybe even to unlock tier 9 as well. Depends really on how much reputation bonuses were stacked together. There was some not so cheap XP-wise (Faraday) progression vehicles introduced last year and it just sunk there.

I do all recent levelings (like to K2) with Koenig, which is legit and efficient way to spend boost. I remind also its clone Sokolov was in open sale year ago and it is no longer "veteran with billion free XP" exclusive thing.

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

On 7/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, Silentstalker said:

We removed many of them. The progression rate around 2016-2017 was a mess, we made too many bonuses and too many players got too much stuff too fast. Even now, there are veterans with billions of XP and Credits that get every new progression vehicle instantly. Not healthy for the game.

That's when I started playing (June of 2016) and for a new player not using boosts or premium time, it wasn't actually all that fast.  Fast compared to WOT, sure, but that's one of the main reasons that I don't play WOT.  AW felt like you could actually make progress by just playing, which at the time felt really good because it was unusual for a FTP game.

The problem was not the base income rate.  The problem was stacking bonuses alongside events in ways that allowed you to do things like this attached screenshot.  I wasn't even horribly abusing the stacking when I did this, either.  4 of the 5 games were "first win of the day" but one of them wasn't, so the result could have been even more spectacular.  As I recall the 5 games were played over Christmas 2016 during a week-long 3x XP event.

Haswell really nailed the current problem.  Too much of AW appears to be balanced to keep the BVs (Billionaire Veterans) in check.  That's a good way to starve your game of new players, because in trying to make things challenging for BVs you make the basically impossible for new players.  At least that's how it feels to the new players, so whether or not that statement is technically correct is irrelevant.

Leopard 2A6.jpg