Sign in to follow this  
Kennymax89

MBT Ammo question

I am not completely new to armored warfare, but still a novice (4days played and 126 vehicles). I mainly play MBT and I always seem to use one type of ammo depending on the tank/tier  I am playing. If its tier 6 and below i pretty much just shoot heat and if its tier 7 or above I use APFSDS. As a MBT it feels like I loose a lot of time swapping ammo because I don't have the quickest reflexes. Is there any guide or tips that you guys would have for when its worth swapping or what should even be taken? I pretty much only play pve.

At last in PvE (which is all that I play, there's only a brief window where AP is better than HEAT, and that's roughly through the mid tiers.  By Tier 10 for sure, and arguably Tier 8 or 9, HEAT is once again superior in general because the shells are vastly improved over the low-tier shells.

That said, it's still a good idea to carry a few rounds of AP for those situations where HEAT just isn't going to work.  I typically carry 8-12 depending on the tank, which is sufficient for both AP and leaving enough HEAT in your bin, especially now that 'Q' gives you a free full reload.

Generally speaking, if you're already loaded and need to switch it's probably better to pre-select AP and then just fire whatever's loaded.  That will also get you in the habit of paying closer attention to everything on the field so that as you start to run out of HEAT-able targets, you can swap to AP naturally without having to do an actual ammo swap.

Depends on whats being driven,  I tend to be heavy one way or the other.  In my Lecerc Line I carry about the same of both,  that zero reload switching is AWESOME....