Haswell

June 25 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-june-25

On the 25th of June 2020, starting from 8:00 CEST (24th of June, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.32.7102

List of Update 0.32.7102 Changes

General Changes:

• Fixed an issue where HE shell explosions would cause major FPS losses on some configurations
  • Fixed an issue where some players would see the Global Operations mode as unavailable (also removed the Global Operations HQ timer)
  • Fixed an issue where Mechanized Infantry members would die upon deployment
  • Fixed an issue where full platoons had incorrect vehicle class restrictions imposed upon them
  • Fixed an issue where the incoming damage direction indicator could sometimes show incorrect directions
  • 9910: Fixed an issue where this vehicle’s turret ring would always take minimum damage
  • Kornet-EM: Fixed an issue where this vehicle could respawn only with a single launcher loaded
  • Vickers Mk.7/2: Fixed an issue where this vehicle’s rear turret would always take minimum damage
  • Fixed some Mechanized Infantry deployment animations
  • Spirithaven Special Operation, Chapter 4: Mothership engines now have hitpoint bars
  • Fixed some smaller vehicle model issues
  • Fixed an issue that led to game crashes
  • Overhauled various NPC object bars and indicators
  • Added several assets based on player designs (sorry it took so long)

Still nothing on smoke fixes... :boredseal:

Spoiler

BTW, has anyone noticed an increase in how long they remain spotted? It seems to occur when a grey "spotted" indicator is visible, meaning you are still spotted but no longer within LoS (according to SS IIRC).

Might be caused by an increase in the spotted to unspotted "decay" time; or perhaps it a new spotting mechanic altogether? Can anyone confirm if this is intended? 

Apologies if this has already been discovered/discussed/confirmed previously, if so, could you kindly redirect me to where I can find the answer?

3 hours ago, di_duncan said:

BTW, has anyone noticed an increase in how long they remain spotted? It seems to occur when a grey "spotted" indicator is visible, meaning you are still spotted but no longer within LoS (according to SS IIRC).

From what I experience in PVP with smoke it looks like in general smoke is now working as intended. As soon as you're obscured by the smoke screen, you instantly disappear to the enemy. So in this regard it works as described in the article. What's bugged for sure is the grey eye indicator. I get it every time after I pop smoke and instantly vanish to the enemy. Yet the grey eye remains, indicating that I should be still rendered and have an outline (which isn't the case to what I experience). Basically it just seems like an UI bug at this point. When I pop smoke, remain spotted and then drive through my smoke screen and get invisible instantly the eye behaves correctly and vanishes instantly aswell. 

Would be nice if they could fix this one in time because it definitely is confusing.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

If they are fixing the MS engines, can they fix the collisions for the arty rounds it's shoots so cover actually works. The arty rounds that are in the story missions seem to clip through most cover.

Gee, I wondered what AW would mess up on a patch?

Every.  Single.  Setting.

Try to go to full screen after fixing the screen resolution and I get about a quarter of the screen.

I had EVERYTHING set up how I needed it.

So, when I went through to find where my settings config folder was located, it was in 3 different locations.  One of them was in the game folder.  One was in the "Saved Games" directory where it was installed by default.  Okay.  Nested inside that one was another folder.  Really?

Nuked a bunch of stuff, verified and fixed the client files, and had to do it again.  Only this time it was in the "right" location?  Sure, I'll play along.  Deleted the folder again and went back through and reset everything again.  

Edited by Katsumoto
lack of quality control in the post, much like the AW developers and this patch (see edit history)

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

From Discord:

9:57 AM] SilentstalkerFTR: 

@hereHeads up, commanders. We've been reading your feedback since morning regarding the new hitpoint/vehicle indicators, their size, apperance, fond and everything. First, a little clarification - the primary purpose of these overhauls were performance and bugfixing-based, because, believe it or not, the old indicators were a source of numerous problems, were connected to some of the spotting indicator problems and were generally an unfixable nuisance full of ancient Obsidian era code. We fixed a lot of stuff (and, like, a lot).
You're welcome.

However:

We do see your feedback regarding the appearance. So here's what we will do:
- With the next update, we'll switch off the indicators for dead tanks (you seem not to like it)
- We'll add more font and marker size settings for you to customize it to your liking
- We'll fix some of the remaining issues with hitpoint numbers
- We'll tone down the red color, which might be a little bit too aggressive

That should help address all your issues. Wit these improvements in place, we hope that you'll get to like the design and will continue to listen to your feedback.

I actually don't hate the style of the new indicators, but they are definitely too large for my liking...

1 hour ago, Katsumoto said:

We'll add more font and marker size settings for you to customize it to your liking

This is good news though. More customization is always nice. 

For very long time i have been playing with batched mode to display damage. Minimalistic and accurate with low level of distraction. Not sure if devs are going to return this setting, but now it feels crappy. In clusters of enemies even with smallest text setting (default) one can see more a soup of floating damage, titles, bars, and less tanks themselves.

I am not sure what smoke issue they fixed. One of weird moments yesterday was when i threw the smoke, yellow eye gone, popped smoke was just in its beginning, but then grey eye suddenly appears for just a second and i get "justified doze" of damage from several bots at once. Never seen so crappy state of this game.

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

On 6/25/2020 at 9:38 PM, di_duncan said:

I actually don't hate the style of the new indicators, but they are definitely too large for my liking...

I want the pre-HUD nerf settings brought back.

Having a new monitor and being able to run at 2560 x 1440,  I have a new found respect for the higher resolutions.  These changes actually ate up a ton of the screen and make it so it feels like I'm back to the 1920 x 1080 screen settings.  The battle marker changes while understandable (I guess), the sizing of them again makes me feel like I'm playing on the lower resolutions.  it sucks.  A lot.

16 minutes ago, Katsumoto said:

I want the pre-HUD nerf settings brought back.

Having a new monitor and being able to run at 2560 x 1440,  I have a new found respect for the higher resolutions.  These changes actually ate up a ton of the screen and make it so it feels like I'm back to the 1920 x 1080 screen settings.  The battle marker changes while understandable (I guess), the sizing of them again makes me feel like I'm playing on the lower resolutions.  it sucks.  A lot.

I personally see nothing wrong with the new indicators, at least visually. In fact, I'd have to say that these new indicators are better formatted compared to the previous ones. They clearly and cleanly provide necessary information (which is something I still cannot fully claim regarding the new HUD) with few distractions and/or excess elements. Things I like:

• Vehicle names are clearer, allowing for better target ID and prioritization
  • Vehicle tier and class are now adjacent to vehicle name (previously underneath HP values, adding unnecessary height)
    • Most experienced players will immediately recognize respective tier(s)/class upon identifying vehicle(s) anyways.
    • Some players ignore tier/class altogether (and there's already [enough] customization to remove it) 
  • Hitpoint value(s) and bar are bolder/clearer, which is a massive plus (especially when trying to assess situations based on opponents' remaining HP)
  • The changes have certainly seemed to delivered what has been claimed: better performance and optimization (at least in my experience)
    • More consistency regarding smokes (and their subsequent effects) and spotted/unspotted delay(s)
    • Enhanced immediacy when targets become spotted

However, I completely agree that they are far too large. Player names in particular are a nuisance. 

Luckily, as mentioned before, there will be changes to the new indicators, with addition customization options to boot. At least they are listening...

We can only hope the upcoming changes will be for the better.