Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

October 7 rebalancing emotionally charged feedback thread

Interesting it's intended that some tier 1/2 MBT's now have more side armor than tier 10.

There is also a power drop between tier 6 & 7 tanks now, generally only getting better now at tier 8 or 9+.  The British tanks are a great example of this - the HESH at tier 1-6 actually has reasonable pen and damage given all of the armor changes*, however at tier 7, it then becomes weaker and at tier 9 it's worse than the AP shell.  

*Now crew killing becomes a must in some situations - tier 3 pvp when the enemy MBT has 3k+ HP and your shots are doing 300-400 (if they pen) is just stupid as you'd need approx 80s to kill a full HP tank if every shot penned (if your tank has an 8s reload).  The alternative is to drive a tier 2, which has 9k DPM and a sub 3s reload and just rip everything to shreds.  

*Afterthought* Still not explained why ammo swap has been added across all types of tanks on tier 1-6, where as tier 7+ it's limited.  A case of clearly Devs not knowing what changes they are making to the game?

Also ADGS appears that it might have had it's armor changed as now it's gun mantlet is between 7-800mm thick?

Edited by Azdule (see edit history)

It really looks like 0.33 and 0.37 were designed and implemented by completely different teams that didn't talk to each other.

In the abstract I don't really mind 0.37.  I can kind of see what I think they might have been trying to do, and in some ways it's actually good.  It doesn't look like the plan was fully implemented across all vehicles, but some of the higher-level concepts appear to have some merit.  (Assuming I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.)

But when compared to 0.33?  It's insane.  It makes no sense.

Had they extended 0.33 down to tiers 1-6 things would have been fine.  Had they re-rebalanced tiers 7-10 with the launch of 0.37 things (probably) would have been fine.  But 0.33 and 0.37 are entirely different games and make no sense as opposite ends of a single tier structure.

6 hours ago, knutliott said:

It really looks like 0.33 and 0.37 were designed and implemented by completely different teams that didn't talk to each other.

Definitely feels that way, considering how the power difference between tier 6 and 7 got so blurred together they might as well all be at the same tier.

Having higher alpha at tier 6 than tier 7 is definitely working as intended, right? Or nearly 8k DPM?

zB3lcGI.png

pe1gP0B.png

Spoiler

I did have a tin foil hat moment yesterday thinking about the lack of rebalance in this patch.  I was thinking that I wonder if this is a way to then make further changes to tier 7-10 that would have caused massive uprising from the playerbase, but would now seem 'ok' given the 1-6 shit show.

Also - powercreep on old tanks is still very very much alive: 

Altay - 640 - T80B & VT4 below

unknown.png

*tinfoil hat on*

Why does every thing eastern has stupid OP shells now? 

73mm HEAT on BMD/BMP does 400 damage meanwhile the 105mm HEAT on the AMX 30 does 390. Object 430 100mm does does a whopping 468 dmg with HEAT ! Yes, there is the M51 that does 415 at T2 and that has nearly 10K DPM, but this is an exception. There are others exceptions but not many.

Chinese 105 ? 480 HEAT at T3, meanwhile the AMX 40 and its """""120"""" mm does 430 and the Leo 1A5 460. Let's just stop here, there is too much to cover... 

I know I'm not taking DPM or pen (if pen matter anymore?) into consideration here,

I'd like to point out too that 2 tanks, with same gun, same ammo, have completely different stats...

For example : M456A1 HEAT shell on the M60A3 : 670 pen, 430 dmg, same stuff on the Magach 6B, 730 pen, 490 dmg resulting in the Magach having 1K more DPM firing only 0.08s faster than the M60A3.

I'd like to meet some tank enthousiasts outside of AW and show them what the game is, just to see how they react to this arbitrary non logical pathetic excuse of game balancing. I wonder if I remember my WoT forums password heh...

Have been grinding T72B to get to T90 for SC.... last upgrade to unlock was the Refleks ATGM.

Now it appears the T72B ATGM is unlocked (oooh) but you can't equip any in the ammo menu (boo).  So I am left wondering whether deletion of the ATGM from the T72B is intentional or not. No mention of this in patchnotes, AFAIK.

QR

16 hours ago, knutliott said:

Had they re-rebalanced tiers 7-10 with the launch of 0.37 things (probably) would have been fine.  But 0.33 and 0.37 are entirely different games and make no sense as opposite ends of a single tier structure.

Hmm... maybe they are saving the T7-10 re-rebalance for 0.39??  To "freshen" the game for the "casual players" who are unbiased by reality?

QR

8 hours ago, Grenier said:

I'd like to point out too that 2 tanks, with same gun, same ammo, have completely different stats...

If you think this is new, the CATTB and XM1A3 would like to have a word with you.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, knutliott said:

If you think this is new, the CATTB and XM1A3 would like to have a word with you.

Oh, yup... Never noticed, always thought the gun or ammo were different for some reason... 

Also for some reason, they decided to make nearly every thing completely bullet proof, except some AFVs, yup, even a BMD 1 is almost impervious to 7.62 frontally now. A Fox you say? An ERC ? Around 50mm thick armor I say! Sheridan is now almost completely .50 cal proof... Even with supposed unarmored tin can you HAVE TO shoot their LFP with your MG to pen. Seems that TDs are now supposed to have better armor than AFVs, no matter what?

Wouldn't just.... dropping the AP part and lower the bullet pen to standard 7.62 be easier? Naaah

Edited by Grenier (see edit history)