Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

0.33 Mini Preview Dump

The rebalance sounds like a good idea; hopefully it will work out.  I would just like to see a little less sawtooth in the progression. Finally did a lot of grinding to get from T6 M1 to T7 M1A1, only to find the stock M1A1 is way squishier than the M1 because the bots are harder to pen, and the stock AP is awful even though it's 120 instead of 105 mm... so now it's more grinding to get the same survivability I had in T6. 

Had to go back and play my T3 Chieftain to relieve the frustration. At least it had decent armor and a gun that would kill things.

Sigh.

I really think it's mostly the matchmaking that makes it feel so insanely rough right now.  You go from tier 6, where you're getting pretty good spawns, with about the worst you see being normally a small number of 8s or fragile 8s, to 7 where you see a pretty good number of full-strength 10s.  There's a lot of bumps in the power progression, but I think it's mostly in the enemies you see.  7s can fight 8s pretty easily still, even though the 8s is a pretty large jump.  It's just that crazy +3 you get stuffed into, where you're just plain outclassed.  If stuff was properly MM at bulk +1 with occasional +2, I think it'd be fine still, more or less.

Yeah when you move from Tier 6 to Tier 7 in PvE you're entering a new matchmaker.  At Tier 6 you're guaranteed to be top tier (because that matchmaker is for Tiers 4-6 in Standard and 3-6 in Hard), but in Tier 7 you're virtually guaranteed to NOT be top tier.  Tiers 7-10 are all in the same matchmaker which means you're virtually guaranteed to at least see Tier 8s in your match and often Tier 9s.  Which means you'll be fighting Tier 9s and 10s, and that's rough in a Tier 7.