KiwiTT

[OLD] Tips from an Alpha-tester - KiwiTT

What is your recommendation on the Terminator? i think it was a lord's of war package you could purchase during the alpha with the tier 8 terminator? last patch it got a apfsds round for its autocannon? Is a ramka 99 or the 2017 Terminator competition to it? 

What about the tier 9 T-40 Lerclerc TD? 

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)

4 hours ago, KiwiTT said:

TD and LT:Improved Gun Breech, Optics and Telescopic Lenses, if 4th-slot - Paint
Small TD and AFV: Improved Gun Breech, Optics and Telescopic Lenses, if 4th-slot - Paint

I had always opted to use paint over gun breech for squishies, vision control is far more important to me than marginal increases in raw DPM.

4 hours ago, KiwiTT said:

Juan Carlos Miramon for most LTs

Joshua Seagrove, Andrey Zaitsev or Ioannis Sana for most TDs

Erin O'Connell for scouting light AFVs

Sabrina Washington for most other AFVs, especially those with PELE rounds

Interesting, I usually prefer to use Erin for all things squishy for maximum vision control, since not trying to avoid damage = higher effective DPM. As a result almost everything squishy in my garage are geared towards vision control. Wilk being the exception with Sabrina of course.

I've seen Juan being thrown around a lot for lights, but why?

3 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

What is your recommendation on the Terminator? i think it was a lord's of war package you could purchase during the alpha with the tier 8 terminator? last patch it got a apfsds round for its autocannon? Is a ramka 99 or the 2017 Terminator competition to it? 

I personally treat the Termi and T40 as MBTs, so I throw whoever I'm trying to grind up in them. I don't feel like commander choice makes too much of a difference for MBTs in general.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Haswell said:

I've seen Juan being thrown around a lot for lights, but why?

He gets two bonuses - 32 metres view range and 5% camo increase when further than 25m from friendlies.  If you play the LT right you are always in a flanking position, trying to turn the enemy so your main force can get side shots or better yet you get side shots while still well at of their view range.

7 hours ago, Haswell said:

I had always opted to use paint over gun breech for squishies, vision control is far more important to me than marginal increases in raw DPM.

Similar reasoning here to Juan, you should be out of view range of the enemy when you are doing most of your engaging, hence less need for paint and more for DPM.  However since I mostly play Tier 9 and 10s with the extra slot I can use both improved gun breech and paint, so the choice is less of a problem.

11 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

Have not played the Terminators since the patch so cant comment on the changes.  At Tier 8 I did prefer the BMPT Model 2017, but I usually play the Terminator 2 as I prefer Tier 9 and 10 level for the higher XP.  As for the Leclerc T40, the missiles are crap, but the auto-cannon makes up for it.  As for commander I use Alisa for the increase ammo bonus.

Edited by KiwiTT (see edit history)

9 hours ago, KiwiTT said:

He gets two bonuses - 32 metres view range and 5% camo increase when further than 25m from friendlies.  If you play the LT right you are always in a flanking position, trying to turn the enemy so your main force can get side shots or better yet you get side shots while still well at of their view range.

The camo bonus on Erin allows me to pull off the same shenanigans, while letting me get even closer to the enemy without being spotted regardless. I can more than afford to keep firing all day without any fear of getting shot at in return, maximizing my effective DPM.

9 hours ago, KiwiTT said:

Similar reasoning here to Juan, you should be out of view range of the enemy when you are doing most of your engaging, hence less need for paint and more for DPM.  However since I mostly play Tier 9 and 10s with the extra slot I can use both improved gun breech and paint, so the choice is less of a problem.

Not all the maps are large enough for me to guarantee that I will be outside of the bots' view ranges when it matters, especially on corridor maps that seem to be all the rage in spec ops. I can maximize my view range using retrofits easily, but camo is something I can't directly increase without stacking commander skills. Erin lets me stack a metric crap ton of camo skills to the point where I can remain unspotted while moving towards and firing at only 150m away from the bots, provided I'm careful enough. Time wasted on trying to avoid damage is time not spent on dishing out damage.

Obviously I only use Erin in vehicles that I can't afford to get shot at, hence "squishy".

Spoiler

Well each to their own.  As I said it is what I use.  I use Erin on my super light AFVs like Crab and Sphinx

Juan Carlos is set up for a lot of moving and firing like a LT should