Sign in to follow this  
Pesa_

sound crackling when a lot of bots are firing with autocannon

when a group of bradleys, t15, or ramka/termi are firing close to each other, the sound cracks and it gets worse with bot numbers. i have 7.1 headset, and audio quality set to max in game, i tested with other headsets, and quality from the game to windows, and it it still happen, i know some other people are having the same problem so its not related to my hardware or pc in general.

• Upvote 1

Yea I have that, seems to be if 4 auto cannons are firing at the same time, it screws u my sound.  This happened on both stages of PTS as well.  Really sucks.  Also does it tank your frame rate at the same time?

im not really sure if it tanks my fps, because when like 5 or more bots are firing with the ac close ot each other, it drops my fps to 40, even if i have a 6950x and a 2080ti. we all know this game is optimized like shit

this problem still persist with 0.34. and its even worse because they overbuffed termi and ramkas autocannon rate of fire to 900, so now we got not only one tank that breaks the game engine, but three

Had great fun with this - 5x T-15, 4 bradleys and my leclerc TD hybrid thing (t40?) all on plague final cap....14 FPS and 2 secs of sound lag and stacking over everything.  Great times.

Does everyone get the issues with sound stuttering or is it something that only encounted if you have 7.1 or 5.1 surround sound?

ı m using 7.1 headset for me autocannons+ some map noises for example in plague spec ops after exiting castle there are explosions sounds those crackling for me, it happens in some other pve missions too, also ı have this sound crackling problem probably since late 2017 or 2018

Edited by Yxlouvia (see edit history)

I've also got this issue with my new build pc, and yes it does kill my fps at the same time. All settings we set to max including the sound. Currently decreasing the settings until the issue stops.

system specs are

• AMD FX 8350 8 core 4GHz
  • 32GB Ram
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti
  • Sound Blaster Z
  • HD is SSD with a couple of mechanical drives
  • Display BenQ XR3501 35" ultra widescreen 144Hz

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.