Katsumoto

Hello, my name is Katsumoto

I am retired military (US Navy) and was a nuke.  I lived the carrier life and did an instructor tour.

I started my gaming life in MechWarrior4 and Falcon4.0, then moved through some of the World Of <title.here> products. I jumped on AW when it came out and like a drain, things have circled back around to here. Recently I picked up MechWarrior5 and have started to play around with that while the battle path is going on.

Every now and then I let my hair down and do something really crazy and wild, like go out in public. I don’t bite (but I’ve had my flu shot” if you understand the reference) and I love doggos.

Yes, my IGN came from the character Katsumoto from the movie The Last Samurai and his attitude towards everything in general.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Man, that sounds a lot like how I got here, gaming-wise!  Falcon 4, and F4 Allied Force were some of the most amazing games I've ever played.  Still want MW5, just waiting for it to come off of EGS exclusive.  

Welcome to the forum, and AW in general, man!

I will spare you the deep dive into my past history on the design/development side with the BattleTech and MechWarrior franchises, and instead simply welcome you to Armored Labs!

Though I do have to mention the Virtual World pods... if you enjoyed MW4 you should really experience it in a full cockpit some time.  7 screens, 60+ buttons, joystick, throttle, foot pedals... it's a pretty immersive sim.  They bring ~20 of them to Gen Con every year, but unfortunately Gen Con has been cancelled this year due to the pandemic.  There are also a few sites around the country that keep the pods going, but they're few and far between.

I went to a Dave & Busters one year that had a set of them there and they were out of commission at the time I showed up.  Sucked to travel all that way but the wings were awesome at the place across the street I went to instead.

I keep wanting to go to a GenCon, but I hate going to Atlanta.  The traffic itself is enough to put me in a bad mood and won't balance out the fun factor of playing with the pods.

Gen Con is in Indianapolis (previously Milwaukee, and before that Lake Geneva, WI which is where it got its name)... I think Dragon Con is in Atlanta?

The pods have always been pretty finicky.  We had them in Seattle at the Wizards of the Coast Game Center in the late 1990s and they were constantly repairing one thing or another.

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

I think Dragon Con is in Atlanta?

You're right.  Dragon Con is the one in Atlanta.