Haswell

June 11 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-june-11-0

On the 11th of June 2020, starting from 8:00 CEST (10th of June, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.32.7076

List of Update 0.32.7076 Changes

General Changes:

• Fixed several issues that led to game crashes
  • Fixed an issue with the spotting system that caused the reported strange behavior (a player could be spotted by other players even though he was covered by deployed smoke)
  • Fixed an issue that caused the camouflage penalty for firing to not work properly
  • Fixed an issue where some parts of vehicles would appear black
  • Fixed an issue where Mechanized Infantry icons would appear to you regardless of the infantry being spotter or not
  • AFT-10: Removed the Override trait from this vehicle’s description since it doesn’t have this ability
  • BMP-3M: Fixed the vehicle’s model to return its rear cage armor
  • Wilk XC-8: This vehicle now shows the Battalion crest correctly
  • Fixed an issue where various NPC elements (AC-130, drones and such) would appear on the minimap with incorrect colors (hostile AC-130 as blue and vice versa)
  • Fixed an issue where kills by air strikes wouldn’t appear correctly in your battle log
  • Fixed some smaller vehicle model issues
  • Fixed some smaller UI issues
  • Added the assets for the upcoming Day of Russia event

Known Issues:

• If your Mechanized Infantry is killed while disembarking your vehicle, the vehicle’s doors won’t close

Smoke gets fixed, finally. Too bad infantry will still be borked.

I wonder what the logic is for the doors to bug out. It seems like the door closing method checks for infantry to return the disembark var, but that var doesn't get returned all the time.

Features that nobody asked for breaks other important stuff that everybody relies on, meh.

Spoiler

I am sure smoke is at least somewhat unfixed.

Earlier this evening it felt like people were still right-clicked locked-on and shooting me, and also the yellow AI vehicles on Barren Divide seemed to completely ignore me smoking them.

At least my deployed infantry seems not to mysteriously vanish for the 2nd half of the match, never to return.

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

In pve it didn't really matter. bots are pre-aiming and insta shooting on you with 100% accuracy if they are aggro'ed on you.You can still receive "blind" without any indication of being spotted.

As per gameplay in 0.32, it feels that the player should either avoid spotting at all, or retreat asap after shoot. Once spotted, the "grey" eye sticks to you as disease. 

What some players may feel as terrible bug, the developer's coven may consider as removal of another "combat advantage" factor in PvP. In their school of thinking, the majority, average players don't use smoke correctly and they won't feel much difference in terms of lesser self-protection. In opposite, such players see much more targets on the screen to shoot. Concluding, the devs intention is to limit role of smoke-based protection in gameplay. They just don't know yet, where is the line between upsetting just few people or too many.

Free Russian camo for all tanks (second pic) from June 12 gift crate.

For scientific comparison, i placed Autralian Bush (first pic) too. 

ScreenShot0030.jpg

ScreenShot0031.jpg

11 hours ago, dfnce said:

... bots are pre-aiming and insta shooting on you with 100% accuracy if they are aggro'ed on you.You can still receive "blind" without any indication...

Dumb question/observation, since I haven't memorised the previous state of PvE:

Today, I had a swingfire fire at me, I blew smoke, missile continues on its non-linear flightpath and hits me.

I mentioned the non-linear thing, because there would be an excuse if the missile was on a straight flight path , and I smoked, and then didn't move, and it continued without guidance and hit me anyway.

This bullshit is "a thing", yes?

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

10 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

Dumb question/observation, since I haven't memorised the previous state of PvE:

Today, I had a swingfire fire at me, I blew smoke, missile continues on its non-linear flightpath and hits me.

I mentioned the non-linear thing, because there would be an excuse if the missile was on a straight flight path , and I smoked, and then didn't move, and it continued without guidance and hit me anyway.

This bullshit is "a thing", yes?

Per my perception of PvE, bot ATGM are fire-and-forget missiles, for quite long time they ignore smoke, visibility, soft APS and death of bot who fired them. The new feature only extended the time when bots can see you, so you may have two WTF moments  instead of one 1 - smoke doesn't work always and reliably as instant hiding measure, 2 - even if eye disappears, something can still hit you .

Yeah, that sounds about accurate.  Bot missiles have pretty much always just ignored smoke straight up as far as missile guidance goes.  This new thing just for some reason lets them keep shooting at you regardless of eye status, if you have ANY kind of spotting, you're under fire.  And for some reason, the smoke doesn't seem to necessarily break their view.  SOMETIMES it does, sometimes it doesn't.  

From waaay back (like when we had a forum) so my memory may be slightly foggy... but as I recall SS told us that bot missiles are self-piloted.  Meaning that it's more than fire-and-forget in that there's a tiny little missile AI that drives the missile after it has been fired.  Back in those days, missiles completely ignored smoke because smoke wasn't specifically coded to affect those little AI missile pilots.  This was acknowledged as a bug and was fixed.

Unfortunately the fix made smoke effectively a wall against missiles.  You popped smoke and all missiles that were on a path to go through the smoke just instantly crashed and burned.  (And IIRC it worked both ways - you could kill your own missile if you fired and popped smoke too quickly.  Also IIRC they quickly patched smoke so that it wasn't a missile wall for players, only bots.)  It made smoke way too powerful, especially in PvP, so they had to fix it again.

THAT fix actually worked pretty well, and is what you most likely remember missiles working like.  You could still guide a missile by hand if you thought you knew where the target was through the smoke, but bot missiles simply flew straight after the smoke was popped.  Which was good - it meant you couldn't just pop smoke and be immune - but it also meant that bots weren't the godlike missile terrors that they were before.  (I mean, they still are, but if you never experienced the old missiles that flew themselves you should be happy.)

Now it seems that they've broken them again because they're clearly steering even after smoke has been deployed.