Katsumoto

The Type 10: The Far East Fighter

To start the discussion here beginning right meow:

< A review that I'm going to right goes here >

A quick run down:

• This thing is a light tank that is classed as an MBT.  It's almost as if the K2 and the Harimau had a bastard half-child.
  • Great gun handling.  For those of you that know me and how I feel about the Leopards in general, the gun handling is better than the Leopards.  Min spread is at 0.060 with an aim time of 1.38 seconds.  Shot placement at distance in PvP is not a problem as long as you can pen it.
  • 4 round autoloader: You can get off 4 rounds in about 5.3 seconds.  AP is about 2250 and HEAT is about 2700 in burst damage.  In PVE you will run out of ammo.  Even with Alisa I still run out.  My PvE match damage output is 24k with a high of 35k but you have to drive it like you stole it.  Time between shots is 1.78 seconds with a full reload of the autoloader at 11.8 seconds (or 12.44 second at the default) with a sustained DPM as listed in the game specs of over 8000 per minute.  My hate for Bradley's not withstanding, this thing will eat T-15 bots with ease.  With Cortez and HEAT, Bradley's go away in 2 shots.
  • With the augmented optics v2 vision is out to 518 meters.  Right now I'm using Douglas to train him up and he's just a lowely 2nd LT right now.
  • Best in class camo for an MBT.
  • 3000 HP starting off.  It'll for the most part shrug off hits from anything in the beginning but it gets squishy afterwards once the NERA gets worn out.  Protection wise it is okay, still trying to work out the kinks in the armor mechanics for this thing and learning when to shift between MBT and LT modes with it as far as shot avoidance.  With it weighing in at 40 tons, you can not ram stuff with it and not expect to take a huge chunk of damage from it (pro tip: don't trying to ram a Merkava 4).
  • Getting up over 50 kph is not a problem and will pace the Altay and K2 (with hybrid power plant) up hill.

I can see this thing getting the crap nerfed out of it.

Edited by Katsumoto (see edit history)

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

6 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

I can see this thing getting the crap nerfed out of it.

This is precisely why I'm not even going to bother trying to get it.  I'll spend my BC on crates to get the Hunter instead because I feel pretty certain that the Type 10 is going to get nerfed and don't want to get suckered by that again.

I went ahead and got the CATTB after it was nerfed the first time because I'd already picked up the BroSAT and it sucked (and still does).  The CATTB was still appealing after the first nerf, and honestly it's still good in PvE even after the second nerf.  But I'm worried that the Type 10 isn't OP enough to survive a first nerf, because you know My.com will over-do it when something's only a little too OP.

1 hour ago, knutliott said:

This is precisely why I'm not even going to bother trying to get it.  I'll spend my BC on crates to get the Hunter instead because I feel pretty certain that the Type 10 is going to get nerfed and don't want to get suckered by that again.

I went ahead and got the CATTB after it was nerfed the first time because I'd already picked up the BroSAT and it sucked (and still does).  The CATTB was still appealing after the first nerf, and honestly it's still good in PvE even after the second nerf.  But I'm worried that the Type 10 isn't OP enough to survive a first nerf, because you know My.com will over-do it when something's only a little too OP.

I can see a nerf to

• the auto-loader shot times (move it up to about 2 seconds instead of the 1.78 its at now.)
  • Camo, maybe dial it down a hair.  As it sits in the garage its at 25%, drop the hull it goes down to 35%.  Roving around it sits at about 21%.  Nearest is the Object 490 and 640 at 21%
  • I can see the HEAT round getting a pen nerf.  Damage is between 189 to 891 with a 850mm pen, and it's an MP round to boot.
  • Don't touch my gun EVAR!

But right now, in my hands, this thing is bonkers and I'm an average player.  Or is it just me and there is a tank that just jives with my skill set and play style.  I don't know.  I'm enjoying the heck out of it right now.

Like you, I want the Hunter.  The AS21 kind of spoiled me and I enjoy the play style.  I want to see the Hunter and have a go with it as well.

• Upvote 2

I took this out just to play around on the Testing ground,  it doesn't have that big damage hit,  but you actually can get shots of pretty quick with a shot and a quick C button.  The reload is better then other T10 and if you need it,  you can burst fire and cripple anything on the field.  

As you said the Nerf hammer will cripple this after release...not going to get it,  may try for the HUNTER,  but would like to take it out in the testing area first.

The Type 10 will face the nerf-bat. It's not ridiculously OP as the CATTB and it will be a way more reasonable nerf.

The Hunter AFV is quite good balanced right now so I don't expect a nerf in the near future for this vehicle. 

With HEAT you can currently outdamage bad/average T15 players so it's a fun tank after all. If they increase the salvo reload a bit, prohibit partial reload and add a penalty for the ammo insta swap and reduce its camo I think it will be quite balanced.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

First impressions

• HEAT is not pen-reliable 
  • Protection level is mediocre
  • Low ammo issue  in PvE
  • A lot of exposure required to implement its somewhat best across MBTs  DPM (but it is far from CATTB double HEAT + Cortez burst).

Not most accurate comparison of DPM (all have Gun Breach + Ophelia)

image.png

My first 4 pve missions. 1st from bottom was 30/10 HEAT/AP, later AP only. First two were with Cortez, last two were with Ophelia. T-15 can do much better :)

image.png.c8b4e43ac8cd400e4193aa938e883d11.png

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

As an MBT player, I think I would really enjoy this tank. However, as an LT main (mostly Polandball), this thing makes me green with envy. Let me elaborate: 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, Katsumoto said:

This thing is a light tank that is classed as an MBT.  It's almost as if the K2 and the Harimau had a bastard half-child.

IMHO, it's akin to a disgusting armored mutation between the mobility of notable hybrids (Altay, CATTB), the armor of lighter, gun-centric MBTs (Leo 2AX, Leclerc T4), the magazine loading of the PL, and the insane gun handling of the K21 XC8. The current Type 10 is a 40 ton all-you-can-eat buffet of armored versatility. 

Great gun handling.  For those of you that know me and how I feel about the Leopards in general, the gun handling is better than the Leopards.  Min spread is at 0.060 with an aim time of 1.38 seconds.  Shot placement at distance in PvP is not a problem as long as you can pen it.

Better spread and aim time than both the K21 XC8 and PL-01 when stock. Better gun depression without even using hydropneumatic suspension. Same turret rotation speed as PL-01 (which is better than the K21 XC8) when stock. Sounds about right...

4 round autoloader: You can get off 4 rounds in about 5.3 seconds.  AP is about 2250 and HEAT is about 2700 in burst damage.  In PVE you will run out of ammo.  Even with Alisa I still run out.  My PvE match damage output is 24k with a high of 35k but you have to drive it like you stole it.  Time between shots is 1.78 seconds with a full reload of the autoloader at 11.8 seconds (or 12.44 second at the default) with a sustained DPM as listed in the game specs of over 8000 per minute.  My hate for Bradley's not withstanding, this thing will eat T-15 bots with ease.  With Cortez and HEAT, Bradley's go away in 2 shots.

The PL and K21 XC8 both have one respective advantage over the Type 10 in this department:

• PL-01 magazine: 6 rounds (full reload: 14.22 sec) vs. Type 10 magazine: 4 rounds (full reload: 11.8 sec)
  • K21 XC8 DPM: 9,464 vs. Type 10 DPM: >8000

However, that's where the music stops for the light tanks.

Against the PL, the Type 10 has:

• Better penetration
    • PL: 780mm (with a L/47)
    • Type 10: 825mm (¿ with a L/44 ?)
  • Better damage (Yet both are 120mm...)
    • PL: 530 (AP)
    • Type 10: 560 (AP)
  • Better intra-clip reload
    • PL: ~1.9 sec
    • Type 10: 1.78 sec
  • Same (if not better) DPM
    • PL: 8,035
    • Type 10: >8000
  • Partial reload

Against the K21 XC8, the Type 10 has:

• Better penetration
    • PL: 800mm (with a L/50)
    • Type 10: 825mm (¿ with a L/44 ?)
  • Better damage (Yet both are 120mm...)
    • PL: 530 (AP)
    • Type 10: 560 (AP)
  • Better burst damage (obviously)
    • Magazine vs Standard loading

With the augmented optics v2 vision is out to 518 meters.  Right now I'm using Douglas to train him up and he's just a lowely 2nd LT right now.

So LT level vision as well eh? Interesting...

Best in class camo for an MBT.

Which is not much worse than the PL's (non-ADAPTIV) camo... Cool.

3000 HP starting off.  It'll for the most part shrug off hits from anything in the beginning but it gets squishy afterwards once the NERA gets worn out.  Protection wise it is okay, still trying to work out the kinks in the armor mechanics for this thing and learning when to shift between MBT and LT modes with it as far as shot avoidance.

More hitpoints and better armor compared to LTs is expected. However, the Type is also essentially immune to HEAT warheads from the front, which means it can brawl with T-15s no problem (as mentioned previously), whereas even the PL will have trouble. 

The combination of these traits effectively make tier 10 LTs obsolete (especially my polandball...) and is a massive indication/representation of AW's power creep.

As for a solution... I would agree with @TeyKey1:

On 6/9/2020 at 4:21 AM, TeyKey1 said:

increase the salvo reload a bit, prohibit partial reload and add a penalty for the ammo insta swap and reduce its camo

But with the recent announcement of 0.33's rebalance, I would suggest looking into increasing LTs effectiveness instead, since this is not a one-off scenario, but a systematic capability gap between classes.

Having a unique MBT like the Type 10 is nice, but when it intrudes upon and [potentially] replaces other vehicles, then we have a problem.

4 hours ago, di_duncan said:

More hitpoints and better armor compared to LTs is expected. However, the Type is also essentially immune to HEAT warheads from the front, which means it can brawl with T-15s no problem (as mentioned previously), whereas even the PL will have trouble. 

This is where a problem lays that I'm trying to make sure I understand because of how the armor works.  The Type 10 is immune to MOST HEAT warheads would be a more accurate statement.

The armor is for the lack of better way of putting it chaotic.  Bradley's you can ignore.  Terminator 2's are a huge mixed bag.  Sometimes they can hit the same spot and it'll pen the second missile.  I've shrugged off a CATTB at point blank range.  The T-15's are the ones that are really problematic.  In theory, yes, you should be able to brawl with the T-15.  Reality is that you will eat 2k in damage from them if they get their missiles off.  I've bounced  a shot from a 2AX using AP and he had me dead to rights but I was able to get away from the second shot.  Trying to make sense of the armor is rough right now, but I'm seeing a pattern but you have to know where to look and how to respond to it.

The one thing that the PL01 has over the Type 10 in spades is relocation ability.  It's more mobile so while you're reloading you can pick a new spot if it gets too hot.  It might not seem like a lot or that big of a deal, but when it comes time to bug out, the PL01 with its ability to move and to disappear has the upper hand.

The gun....this is a tough one.

• I wish they changed the model to make the gun the 55 caliber that is a proposed upgrade to the Type 10.  This would make the modeling match what this gun is doing.  This would bring it more in line with performance of the 2A6 which is where my baseline for comparison of the Type 10's gun is.
  • The HEAT rounds from this are picky as hell.  Even with Cortez at pretty much 100% max damage, I can not get back to back to back shots to correlate with the max damage base line even at point blank range on something.  I should get about 3500 per clip with HEAT, but reality being it is more about 3000.  RNG also plays a lot with them in terms of module damage.  On Watch Dog, I set fire to about 5 vehicles without even trying, and those were the first fires I had set all night.  Then turn around about 6 matches later and I get another rash of fires caused by HEAT.  This past weekend was the first time I was not able to dispose of a Bradley with 4 rounds because of the rolls.
  • The AP rounds are very similar to the DM series with the 2A5 and 2A6.  They cut through everything, but combine that with their accuracy it adds to the insanity.  I parked 3 out of 4 rounds in the weak spot under the gun on an XM1A3 at 600 meters and it didn't bother me doing it one bit.
  • The HUGE downside is that this thing runs out of ammo all the time.  It's not uncommon for me to put down range 90+ rounds in PvE right now.  In PvP, that means even if you  survive long enough you run out of ammo during the match.  In randoms this is going to be a huge issue.  In GLOPS not so much because of the repair/rearm points.

I'm going through the commanders doing their training.  Hell, if I'm going to play might as well train them up.  I'm using Erin Gray right now and seems to work out well.  Sabrina was a huge surprise on how well she did as an MBT commander in the case of the Type 10.

130+ matches into having this thing and it's taking me to school about all the little surprises it has up it's sleeve.  The T4 that charged me this weekend in GLOPS on Narrows found this out too and it surprised the crap out of me I was able to pull it off as easy as I did.

1 hour ago, Katsumoto said:

This is where a problem lays that I'm trying to make sure I understand because of how the armor works.  The Type 10 is immune to MOST HEAT warheads would be a more accurate statement.

After revisiting the Type 10 armor viewer, I can see what you mean. Regardless, the Type 10 is undoubtedly a better brawler (against any vehicle really) compared to the PL.

The one thing that the PL01 has over the Type 10 in spades is relocation ability.  It's more mobile so while you're reloading you can pick a new spot if it gets too hot.  It might not seem like a lot or that big of a deal, but when it comes time to bug out, the PL01 with its ability to move and to disappear has the upper hand.

While the PL certainly has a top speed advantage, relocation is not a focus of the PL, as its camouflage while moving is quite pitiful (for a LT). The PL specializes as a burst damage passive spotter/sniper, as players should try to take advantage of its ADAPTIV "portable bush" system and its excellent magazine damage output. However, there is no doubt the PL is a better vehicle for running away ;)

Additionally, there is practically no downtime on the Type 10, as it can perform partial reloads whenever and wherever. Fire off one round to eliminate a low health target? Reload. Dump all your shells into a Merkava? Reload. Put two into a camping Wilk before he is utter obliterated by the remainder of the team? Reload.

This is a luxury that PL players have wet dreams to. Instead, the PL forces a full reload of the magazine regardless of the number of shells remaining... Timing these reloads is vital, and I often curse my poor decision making after pressing "R" either too early, or too late.

I wish they changed the model to make the gun the 55 caliber that is a proposed upgrade to the Type 10.  This would make the modeling match what this gun is doing.  This would bring it more in line with performance of the 2A6 which is where my baseline for comparison of the Type 10's gun is.

While the devil can definitely be in the details, changing/renaming the gun would not help address power creep. The spectacular combination of capabilities and versatility still makes the Type 10 an objectively better vehicle.

The HEAT rounds from this are picky as hell.  Even with Cortez at pretty much 100% max damage, I can not get back to back to back shots to correlate with the max damage base line even at point blank range on something.  I should get about 3500 per clip with HEAT, but reality being it is more about 3000.  RNG also plays a lot with them in terms of module damage.  On Watch Dog, I set fire to about 5 vehicles without even trying, and those were the first fires I had set all night.  Then turn around about 6 matches later and I get another rash of fires caused by HEAT.  This past weekend was the first time I was not able to dispose of a Bradley with 4 rounds because of the rolls.

I can't comment too much on this as I don't play PvE very often and I therefore rarely use HEAT on my LTs (I only have one clip of HEAT on my PL). However, based on numbers alone, the HEAT on the Type 10 is also superior to the HEAT used on both the PL and the K21 XC8 (850mm pen vs 800mm, increased damage per round).

The AP rounds are very similar to the DM series with the 2A5 and 2A6.  They cut through everything, but combine that with their accuracy it adds to the insanity.  I parked 3 out of 4 rounds in the weak spot under the gun on an XM1A3 at 600 meters and it didn't bother me doing it one bit.

This is scary. This all-round excellent gun performance is why I question whether it is necessary. 

The HUGE downside is that this thing runs out of ammo all the time.  It's not uncommon for me to put down range 90+ rounds in PvE right now.  In PvP, that means even if you  survive long enough you run out of ammo during the match.  In randoms this is going to be a huge issue.  In GLOPS not so much because of the repair/rearm points.

Interesting. Although the Type's MBT characteristics (and subsequent versatility) still allow it to be more competitive compared to LTs, as LTs simply cannot carry in practically any mode.

Perhaps I can summarize my grips with this MBT/LT hybrid with the following:

• The Type 10 is a very decent MBT which can perform well in an MBT role/environment.
  • The Type 10 is a very decent MBT which can also perform equally well (if not better) in an LT role/environment [when compared to current LTs].

While being able to serve two roles in combat is not necessarily a characteristic which automatically deems a vehicle to be overpowered, the issue arises when that vehicle is highly efficient at both roles. 

5 hours ago, di_duncan said:

Perhaps I can summarize my grips with this MBT/LT hybrid with the following:

• The Type 10 is a very decent MBT which can perform well in an MBT role/environment.
  • The Type 10 is a very decent MBT which can also perform equally well (if not better) in an LT role/environment [when compared to current LTs].

While being able to serve two roles in combat is not necessarily a characteristic which automatically deems a vehicle to be overpowered, the issue arises when that vehicle is highly efficient at both roles. 

I'll talk about this part for now.

As I'm writing this, the discussion on what is its actual role reminds me of the Bugs and Daffy skit where they argue about if its duck season or rabbit season.  Bugs switches it up and poor Daffy gets both barrels in the face and his beak falls off.  Ah, the memories....but I digress.

While classed as an MBT, reality is that this is a light tank with an MBT "power up", or call it an uparmored package.  If you look at it from that point of view, then it make more sense if you look at class traits that define what role a tank plays.  At tier 10 this thing starts to make you wonder about other tanks and where they are at.  As an MBT, its an 8 if you start to look at those class traits on just armor alone.  As an LT, its at 10, but how it handles itself currently draws attention to if it needs adjustments to make in line with the MBT role.  I've carried PVE matches in a PL01 but never like this.

BUT.....the thing that kills me about this tank is that through all the tanks in WoT and AW, the Type 10 is that specific tank that just fits my play style to a T.  From some light browsing, there was one russians forum that said that the Type 10 sucks and needs fixing.  Service records were set to private for a few players that I've seen with it that finished down at the bottom so its hard to compare across there tank collection to see it is actually them.

If you have 100 people and 10 are doing something far above statistical average and the other 90 are struggling, a case can be made to discount those 10 and clear out the 10 on the lower end as well and chalk it up as noise.  This noise is what is causing me to take pause in writing a proper review on it.

18 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

While classed as an MBT, reality is that this is a light tank with an MBT "power up", or call it an uparmored package.  If you look at it from that point of view, then it make more sense if you look at class traits that define what role a tank plays.

I agree that the Type 10 is essentially an uparmored LT (it was designed to fit said specification IRL as well), but I believe that's one of the issues with it, especially when compared to its LT contemporaries. It wields what seems like a perfect blend of multiple "class traits", which grants it an uncanny ability to adapt to nearly every single situation it encounters. This sort of unsurpassed versatility blurs (or even erases) the line between the MBT and LT classes. Since LTs are already significantly less influential on the outcome of any battle compared to an MBT counterpart, this essentially allows the Type 10 to replace LTs entirely while still enjoying the fundamental characteristics of an MBT.

At tier 10 this thing starts to make you wonder about other tanks and where they are at.

I agree. When comparing my beloved PL-01 with the Type 10, the latter is undisputedly the better vehicle in nearly all regards. Subsequently, either a nerf for the Type 10 is in order, or a revision of LTs, or perhaps even a rebalance of the entirety of the current game meta (looking at you 0.33). I would personally prefer a total reevaluation of high tier gameplay (which is what 0.33 sets out to do).

As an MBT, its an 8 if you start to look at those class traits on just armor alone.  As an LT, its at 10, but how it handles itself currently draws attention to if it needs adjustments to make in line with the MBT role.

I mostly agree with this assessment. However, there are a couple of flaws within your statement which I'd like to point out:

• A score of 8 is still quite high for an MBT. Some other MBTs like the Leo 2AX and XM1A3 would likely score less with your criteria.
  • If the Type 10 can score an 8 when evaluated as a MBT while also scoring a 10 as a LT, then it can totally supersede LTs. Why would someone play LTs when the Type 10 is an uparmored LT which retains decent MBT capabilities? 
  • I actually rather enjoy the Type's hybridity between classes. I see no reason for it to be adjusted to better fit the MBT meta, however, LTs should be buffed to ensure they remain competitive.

If you have 100 people and 10 are doing something far above statistical average and the other 90 are struggling, a case can be made to discount those 10 and clear out the 10 on the lower end as well and chalk it up as noise.

This would be unwise. Substitute the recently released Type for the T-15 and it would paint an uglier picture. I would say most T-15 players are average, and average T-15 performance reflects this. However, the real threat emerges when T-15s are driven by tryhard/hardcore statpadders (looking at you newly formed A1arM battalion). These players will ruin nearly every match they are queued in, especially if they are in platoons (and they usually are). The T-15 is widely acknowledged to be overpowered largely because of encounters with these highly-skilled players.

Note also that most high-level players will grind the Type, so the majority of those already playing with it are mostly likely wallet warriors who've spent money to acquire the Type. Only when most of the playerbase get the Type will the true potential of the vehicle become apparent.

Ultimately, I am not strictly advocating for a Type 10 nerf. I believe a more extensive approach would be for the best, such as a general rebalance (as planned for 0.33). By widening the capability gap between LTs and MBTs, both classes would have designated roles and functions (resulting from clear/distinct advantages and disadvantages), which would allow the Type 10 to flourish between MBT and LT, instead of encompassing both.

17 hours ago, di_duncan said:

A score of 8 is still quite high for an MBT. Some other MBTs like the Leo 2AX and XM1A3 would likely score less with your criteria.

This would be at tier 8, not an 8 of 10 score.  If you sat and made it actually do MBT stuff and MBT stuff only.  Remove some of the none MBT hardware, it would be a tier 8, maybe and I could argue for a tier 9.  Some of the other MBT's at tier 10, they do a significantly better job as an MBT.

17 hours ago, di_duncan said:

This would be unwise. Substitute the recently released Type for the T-15 and it would paint an uglier picture. I would say most T-15 players are average, and average T-15 performance reflects this. However, the real threat emerges when T-15s are driven by tryhard/hardcore statpadders (looking at you newly formed A1arM battalion). These players will ruin nearly every match they are queued in, especially if they are in platoons (and they usually are). The T-15 is widely acknowledged to be overpowered largely because of encounters with these highly-skilled players.

For the T-15, you are right.  What I'm trying to do is if you gave me all the performance metrics that could be obtained across the entire player base and start to look at it, at some point there is bad data in there. Things that when you look at it you would say there is no way that is right, it has to be fluke.  For example take your significantly below average random player every now and then they strike it rich but can't repeat it.  Like wise the bestest player ever on the server has a bad days.  If you filter out things like that it helps being some normality to the curved that you are using to sort out the data and helps paint a more realistic picture.  The T-15 is one that fits that bill to a T.  Some can't make it out of the spawn without off'ing themselves, then there are those guys that lay down more damage than the rest of the team combined leaving you to collect your thoughts about what happened at the end of the match because you didn't get a dime.

At work we call it statistical process controls,.  To my understanding, the devs do something similiar when they have to go through all this data to figure out how to fix something except they have a bit more of a broader brush and a different canvas.

This would be at tier 8, not an 8 of 10 score.  If you sat and made it actually do MBT stuff and MBT stuff only.  Remove some of the none MBT hardware, it would be a tier 8, maybe and I could argue for a tier 9.  Some of the other MBT's at tier 10, they do a significantly better job as an MBT.

I would have to disagree then. The Type 10 is absolutely a tier 10 MBT:

• Decent frontal armor, similar armor profile to the Leclerc T4. Arguably better frontal protection compared to the Leo 2AX and XM1A3.
  • Excellent all-round gun performance
    • Great penetration (825mm)
    • Exceptional aim time (1.57 sec stock)
    • Ridiculous accuracy (0.062)
    • Very competitive DPM (6720 when stock)
  • Outstanding gun depression, further improved with hydropneumatic suspension
  • Remarkable mobility

It completely outperforms any/every tier 8/9 MBT in nearly all aspects. As it is right now, it is definitely a tier 10 MBT.

2 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

To my understanding, the devs do something similiar when they have to go through all this data to figure out how to fix something except they have a bit more of a broader brush and a different canvas.

Yes, I believe I've seen SS mention previously as to how they collect/monitor/manage statistics. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they have done a decent job with balance (especially at high tiers). I am hoping 0.33 can rectify some of the long-time concerns of the community when it is released. Fingers crossed ;)

8 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

To my understanding, the devs do something similiar when they have to go through all this data to figure out how to fix something...

It might be that the devs only need to 'fix' something when it becomes a problem of numbers. For example if every T7 Glops game turns into massed Pindad-only teams, rocket-splurging each other. If it's just a couple of high-skill geniuses that can wreck everyone using a Sprut(good luck with that), then it's not worth thinking about.

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

11 hours ago, di_duncan said:

Yes, I believe I've seen SS mention previously as to how they collect/monitor/manage statistics. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they have done a decent job with balance (especially at high tiers). I am hoping 0.33 can rectify some of the long-time concerns of the community when it is released. Fingers crossed ;)

Just remember you do not balance game, game balance you.