Zemosu

Same server different economy

So it seems we are not equal in the eyes of my.com.

Prices for Russia:

image.png.4ff0235d9f323673c8ccac70bc783b04.png

Prices for Europe:

image.png.f74d349b039865fbbaf06ec57956e5b3.png

image.png.4415ed173b0451ea983197fda0958805.png

Any idea is we can buy stuff at the same price as Russia?

You're late to the party.:kek: Well as long as there are people buying it I think nothing will change.

1 hour ago, Zemosu said:

Any idea is we can buy stuff at the same price as Russia?

You'd need a russian acc for this.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yep, for a player at the beginning of the grind and willing to spend huge real money in the game it is probably worth it to start again with a Russian account, then he can buy for much cheaper good commanders and some high tier premium tank and he will get plenty of credits and reputation to grind fast trough the tiers, spending a lot less RL money.

For a player that has spent years grinding a EU or NA account to start again from the beginning, as you can not transfer you tanks and the rest from an account to an other, it is probably to a too harsh price to pay, even if a player playing since some years that has few to grind in his main account to start a Russian one as secondary account can be a good idea, I have some friends with more then an account.

When the servers was split in regional areas and AW and the Russian game was 2 different games, even if mechanically identical, to play with a Russian account was possible, but had a price, more ping and to have to deal with other players that communicate in Russian language, now that the server is the same for all the players and we have players that use Russian and English to write in the chat anyway to start with a Russian account is surely better.

If it is fair that the same product is sold at different prices I would say no, as the criteria used is more "this is a Russian game so Russian people should have an advantage" then "let's give to what we sell a price compared with the average income a person has in that place". Players not living in the rich EU and NA nations, let's say in some nations of Africa or South America, can actually have an average income lower then the ones in some parts of Russia, but have to pay at the same price of the rich USA. Germany or GB citizens. The world in not fair at all, there is some people that eat to much and throw away the food and other people that is starving.

But what makes the system used here not fair is because of a bias based on nationality, that gives to the players that share the same nationality of the publisher roughly 50% discount. Like if Apple would sell at 50% if the customer is an USA citizen or Rolls Royce would grant you a 50% discount if you are a subject of Her Majesty...

:snrk:

Price difference between server has always been a thing, member when they sold us cortez for 80€? they had it for half the price.

It might depend on being a bit sneaky too. You might have to spoof your IP when you first sign up (I would imagine)

There's no credit card requirement at the start, so you might just be able to start an RU account, and then it'd be OK to use a non-RU credit card, once it was working, now we're all one world of caring sharing wonderfulness, respecting and valuing each other, as we link arms across the sea, in one worldwide group hug. :classic_biggrin:

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

17 hours ago, JCPershing said:

Price difference between server has always been a thing, member when they sold us cortez for 80€? they had it for half the price.

My Cortez comes from glorious Zhalo-S bundle, no complains. And Cortez was locked for everyone on ru server till the merge while eu/na had several occasions to get him (not all were very expensive).

17 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

It might depend on being a bit sneaky too. You might have to spoof your IP when you first sign up (I would imagine)

There's no credit card requirement at the start, so you might just be able to start an RU account, and then it'd be OK to use a non-RU credit card, once it was working, now we're all one world of caring sharing wonderfulness, respecting and valuing each other, as we link arms across the sea, in one worldwide group hug. :classic_biggrin:

AW ru requires mail.ru account to have and in order to have one, it needs mobile phone registration with text message, though the supported numbers include quite all europe and NA.

Later the payment can be done using paypal.

There is no excuse to not haveing the same price for all regions once we have a central server all player bases play on. Just like the lootboxes, this is another My.COM shitshow used to milk cash out of some of the players. It's anti consumer and a fuck you to peopl how have support the game since closed beta.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, Zemosu said:

There is no excuse to not haveing the same price for all regions once we have a central server all player bases play on. Just like the lootboxes, this is another My.COM shitshow used to milk cash out of some of the players. It's anti consumer and a fuck you to peopl how have support the game since closed beta.

*sigh*

You know that bread, milk and pretty much everything else costs less in Russia than it does here? And no, it's not "just pixels."

This might come as a shock to you, but operating the game in the west costs much more than operating it in Russia. You can open a Russian account, nothing really prevents you from doing that, but you will lose English support (I personally solve 3-4 "weird cases" per day, for example, but as soon as I see the account is Russian, I refer the person to RU Discord). That's how things are in this world - everything comes with a price tag.

19 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

*sigh*

You know that bread, milk and pretty much everything else costs less in Russia than it does here? And no, it's not "just pixels."

This might come as a shock to you, but operating the game in the west costs much more than operating it in Russia. You can open a Russian account, nothing really prevents you from doing that, but you will lose English support (I personally solve 3-4 "weird cases" per day, for example, but as soon as I see the account is Russian, I refer the person to RU Discord). That's how things are in this world - everything comes with a price tag.

Your ignoring the main issue. They can have whatever prices they want as long as the differently tax regions are kept separate. But we have a global server where it seems players are treated differently.

Also that argument about different prices is major BS cause for example different countries in the EU have different standards of living some are close to Russia, others are close to Switzerland and Norway. Should we then not have prices adjusted for every country it would certainly be justified by your own logic, we could even tie prices to the cost of grain, bread, milk, or any other trade goods you like.

I am well aware things come with price tags I never suggested otherwise I just don;t like the fact that the price tag is not the same for everyone.

3 hours ago, Zemosu said:

Your ignoring the main issue. They can have whatever prices they want as long as the differently tax regions are kept separate. But we have a global server where it seems players are treated differently.

Also that argument about different prices is major BS cause for example different countries in the EU have different standards of living some are close to Russia, others are close to Switzerland and Norway. Should we then not have prices adjusted for every country it would certainly be justified by your own logic, we could even tie prices to the cost of grain, bread, milk, or any other trade goods you like.

I am well aware things come with price tags I never suggested otherwise I just don;t like the fact that the price tag is not the same for everyone.

And? I played several MMOs with Russian teammates and I am pretty sure they paid a different price for the game than I did. This is normal practice. Like I said, if you don't like it, open a Russian account. You'll lose the EN support, but you'll have their prices.

Actually, fun fact, it seems the RU server will get the EU prices after all... at least in USD.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Actually, fun fact, it seems the RU server will get the EU prices after all... at least in USD.

This is all you had to say.

11 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

Like everyone on the same server will have to pay the same prices... damn.  Cool!

Actually seems I was wrong, RU will still use Igromarket, so they'll have a different set of prices, I reckon.

imo only an idiot would pay for this game. During the last years they managed to decrease mobility, accuracy, spotting is broken and tanks are disappearing just like in WOT, thermal vision is a joke for AW developers. Smoke doesn't work, so this game has truly become a WOT2 cos this was a feature separating these two games and now is a joke. You are constantly repairing and healing the crew just like in WOT so forget about using consumables for acceleration and crew.

Same opponents all the time T15, Bradley ATGM spam, PL01, Anders autoloader spam. 

They introduced RNG with HEAT shells so you'll take 150dmg instead of 1300dmg with tanks like XM1A3 or with fast reload tanks such as K21XC8 100 instead of 800 or no pen with 1300 pen double ATGMs of Cornet against paper tanks

Without boosters, You are basically grinding for eternity now and even with premium account tier 10 PVE with blue star 100-200k credits games and 10-15k xp games, while silly module is often over 1mil xp and cost several millions credits 

You are getting stuck on several places and graphics is the same as 5 years ago. 

So as I said before, only an idiot would pay for this game and no matter the price 

Edited by EbenezerScrooge (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Actually seems I was wrong, RU will still use Igromarket, so they'll have a different set of prices, I reckon.

Damn.  Not surprised at all, but for just a little bit I was hopeful.  xD

7 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

Damn.  Not surprised at all, but for just a little bit I was hopeful.  xD

Why hopeful? EU prices would seriously hurt the incomes from the RU region. Russia isn't doing great economically right now as it is. Reducing the EU prices to the RU level would have the same effect. This, in turn, would reduce the chances of further development and could lead to the game's closure. The people who it would hurt the most would be the fans of the game, who came to love it and are still sticking around (AW still has tons of fans, sometimes I am amazed how many). Like I said, everything comes with a price tag. We're glad that so many still support the game and us working on it and we're glad we can keep working on it. But such is the price for that.

25 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

Why hopeful? EU prices would seriously hurt the incomes from the RU region. Russia isn't doing great economically right now as it is. Reducing the EU prices to the RU level would have the same effect. This, in turn, would reduce the chances of further development and could lead to the game's closure. The people who it would hurt the most would be the fans of the game, who came to love it and are still sticking around (AW still has tons of fans, sometimes I am amazed how many). Like I said, everything comes with a price tag. We're glad that so many still support the game and us working on it and we're glad we can keep working on it. But such is the price for that.

Then where exactly is the game sitting right now?  When we ask how the game is doing, server population and such we get the answer that everything is great and fine, thumbs up and such.  From the way you word it, you almost make it sound like things aren't doing alright.  Reality being what it is, we don't get to see server population.  We don't get to hear certain things to give us a warm fuzzy feeling.  The way certain sales are going on the market seems to point to the fact that all is not good in the financial sense either.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

1 hour ago, Katsumoto said:

Then where exactly is the game sitting right now?  When we ask how the game is doing, server population and such we get the answer that everything is great and fine, thumbs up and such.  From the way you word it, you almost make it sound like things aren't doing alright.  Reality being what it is, we don't get to see server population.  We don't get to hear certain things to give us a warm fuzzy feeling.  The way certain sales are going on the market seems to point to the fact that all is not good in the financial sense either.

The daily CCU is roughly 6-7 thousand players, depending on the day. It's less than it was on Christmas (10k), but that's natural, summer is always the lowest time. Generally speaking, summer is the worst for gaming. Nice weather and all that. We'd have even less were it not for Corona. But that's normal. Overall, the population is stable for a very long time now.

12 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

The daily CCU is roughly 6-7 thousand players, depending on the day. It's less than it was on Christmas (10k), but that's natural, summer is always the lowest time. Generally speaking, summer is the worst for gaming. Nice weather and all that. We'd have even less were it not for Corona. But that's normal. Overall, the population is stable for a very long time now.

Is 6-7k it both EU + RU, or just EU ?

2 minutes ago, dfnce said:

Is 6-7k it both EU + RU, or just EU ?

Both ofc. There is just one server. This is actually more than enough to keep the game stable.

16 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Fair, although it brings into question how much fairy gold they're reaching for with the higher prices, compared to how much they could make by lowering them.  That would definitely be a matter for statistics and analysis.  Specifically, they can ask $200+ for a tank package all they want, but if nobody or only one person buys it, compared to say, making it $50 and selling it to 30% of all players...  Of course, the flipside being that those players will no longer be interested in buying that item, but if they weren't going to pay that price anyway, there was no purpose in having it and no income from the bundle regardless of how nice it looked.

A lot of the "we can't sell it for that price!" comes from real life economics that have a per-unit manufacturing cost, not a fixed-price-cost for effectively infinite units of an item to sell.  I'm certainly not saying that it'd be smart to just spam out every vehicle they can for ten bucks, but there's an old adage about "you sell more Chevys than Cadillacs."  Lately, we've had a *lot* of Cadillacs. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:10 PM, Silentstalker said:

Your arguments are flawed in many ways:

1. Covid19 didn't happen only in Russia, there are countries that had the biggest part of their economy be based on turism that are doing far worst to more this goes on. 

2. If lower prices in Russia help bring in more money why won't that do the same for anywhere else in the world. That's just basic common sense.

3. The end point is not having stuff cheaper or more expensive but having it at the same price so that you at least create the illusion that we are all treated as equally valuable players/customers and not just whales. 

"Everything has a price tag"

- You keeps saying that like a broken record unwilling to understand that that's not the issue, but the fact that the price tag is not the same for everybody.

1 hour ago, Zemosu said:

Your arguments are flawed in many ways:

1. Covid19 didn't happen only in Russia, there are countries that had the biggest part of their economy be based on turism that are doing far worst to more this goes on. 

2. If lower prices in Russia help bring in more money why won't that do the same for anywhere else in the world. That's just basic common sense.

3. The end point is not having stuff cheaper or more expensive but having it at the same price so that you at least create the illusion that we are all treated as equally valuable players/customers and not just whales. 

"Everything has a price tag"

- You keeps saying that like a broken record unwilling to understand that that's not the issue, but the fact that the price tag is not the same for everybody.

1) I wasn't talking about COVID

2) You really don't know much about basic economics, do you? :)

3) See 2)

"Everything has a price tag" was aimed at having regional prices, not at the fact we are actually selling something or the literal prices,

Regardless, monetization policies are one of few things where we generally do not accept player feedback. It's like taxes - everyone hates the way things are but in the end, they're needed. That's how the world works. We may not like it, but ALL other games operate the same. Especially free to play.

10 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

1) I wasn't talking about COVID

2) You really don't know much about basic economics, do you? :)

3) See 2)

"Everything has a price tag" was aimed at having regional prices, not at the fact we are actually selling something or the literal prices,

Regardless, monetization policies are one of few things where we generally do not accept player feedback. It's like taxes - everyone hates the way things are but in the end, they're needed. That's how the world works. We may not like it, but ALL other games operate the same. Especially free to play.

1)No, you were talking about sanctions imposed on Russia by the US and EU due to the Crimea invasion that caused a contraction of the Russian economy since it was imposed by at least 6%. Coupled with Russia economy reliance on gas and oil exports which have seen huge demands declines due in great part to the COVID19 you weren't talking about. Another huge part of Russian economy downfall is it's national bank inflation policy which keeps interests rate high to stem potential inflationary pressures but at the same time creating an obstacle to stimulating new investment which is even more exacerbated by it's VAT tax being routed to the federal government which lowers interests of regional governers to attract investments(there are measures to help this but it's not as effective).this is a simple short summary of the main reason Russian economic growth in recent years has been below 2%.

Now considering all that above you still have the fact that Russian GDP pro capita is somewhere around the same level of most of Eastern Europe(Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary etc) countries of the EU which still get charged the same amount as the western side.

2) I guess that is pretty basic. Cause if you simply wanna sell something just lower it's price problem solved. But if you instead wanna sell more you can set up a system of artificially rising something's value and in order to counteract the decline in sales created by higher costs you offer alternative purchasing options where you split the value of the items across multiple payments with interests(not to mention you can also add a gambling element on top it making sure you can bot tap into the pockets of not just those who can;t afford a higher priced item but also those that may have a propensity for gambling.

3) Your point here is again simplistic and shallow: What you're basically saying is "We won't treat our players fairly and equally because of this guy Zemosu's lack of basic economy knowledge"

Well allow me to help you clear the confusion. saying Everything has a price tag doesn't imply any ramification of equality or equity in adjusting prices. Now if you would have said "Not everything is priced the same for everybody" you would have more clearly underlined your intended message.

"Regardless, monetization policies are one of few things where we generally do not accept player feedback. It's like taxes - everyone hates the way things are but in the end, they're needed. That's how the world works. We may not like it, but ALL other games operate the same. Especially free to play."

You keep trying to generalize cause you know that the devil is in the details. Many games have different prices for different regions but players of different regions don't play together on the same server. 

And as a counter example there are also games that have the same prices for all the players even though they are in different regions(exception  for China cause they have other company publish their games for them there).