Sign in to follow this  
Katsumoto

Spotted Issues

I know that the devs have tried to fix the entire spotted issue that we have reported, but is it really fixed?

I was on Hydra in the PL01 and decided to do the end run about the tanks at the capture point.  I was back behind the hill in the north west corner of the map and came up against a pair of T-15's.  When I popped smoke I started to back up to get cover behind the hill to reload, the "spotted eye" went white but I still managed to take several missiles from the salvo that one of them fired off at me and I took some damage from the other ones autocannon.  Before the vision change this was never a problem.  Depending on when I popped smoke compared to the missile in its flight I would most of the time eat it and the AI would cycle off to another target.

Is this really fixed?  It doesn't seem to be.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Smoke is definitely not fixed. Permaspotting pillboxes got fixed though.

Spoiler

Yes spotting system is still all over the place right now. 

Smoke not working as intended and I had multiple matches now where enemy Infantry was permaspotted no matter what. 

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Not only smoke is broken, but I had a problem with the whole spotting system in PvE. I was in the M1128 MGS on Tsunami, and kept getting shot regardless of spot sign. I was definitely not in the Lieutenant's sight, and even if I was spotted, yellow spot sign should appear in next few seconds, but it didn't appeared the whole time.

They Don't really care,  It was even more evident when the server went down yesterday and many people lost alot of Boosters...Espectially with the higher requiements the boosters are all but necessary...Did war-gaming buy AW?  The game is starting to play like WoT(utter crap).

The 360 Spotting on the Mephesto is All kings of broken.   It doesn't work at all now.  I was facing 4 let off smoke back up hard right and every on was bulls-eyeing me.   

Awesome to know I am not the only one who noticed the Spotting in PVE is just plan broken. The Perma-spotting is getting annoying.

3 hours ago, CaptKingNF said:

Awesome to know I am not the only one who noticed the Spotting in PVE is just plan broken. The Perma-spotting is getting annoying.

I noticed when I was playing GLOPS this morning that it was picky.  I'm trying to keep in mind that on some of the maps, there could have been something spotting me, but in a few places I let smoke off in a particular direction and I was still spotted even if my count of where the enemy team "could" be at, I should have dropped spotting right away.

Going up against them, there were many times that the other side smoked up and they were gone, so many it might be something with the AI logic.

Got killed by this bug this afternoon.  Was on Cavalry spotting/firing into the final cap from the normal positions along the sand dune.  Wanted to reposition because I suspected there were enemies in the cap that I wasn't able to spot, but needed to turn my side to do that, so while not spotted I popped off smoke to cover my turn, turned, and was pretty much instantly obliterated by like 3-5 enemies in the final cap that I couldn't see (and as previously noted did not have me spotted when I popped smoke).

GG fixing that bug, My.com.

It appears (or not depending on how you look at things) that the spotting issue for the most part has been fixed.

it is fixed, normally AI shouldn't spot you through smoke, nor shot through it for now reason anymore

but who knows, maybe it's still broken

Yeah it looks like it might be fixed finally.  I got backed into a bad spot today and had to rely on smoke to survive, and it worked like it should.  Pretty much the instant that I popped smoke the bots turned to shoot at someone else, and they didn't instantly turn back to me after 10 seconds either.  The smoke had broken their interest in me, and as long as I didn't do anything to attract attention and there were still others around to hold their attention, I was able to just sit there hiding in my corner.  I had to pop smoke a second time when a new bot in the distance came into range and fixated on me, but that also had the desired effect and my teammates eventually cleared the area enough for me to escape.