Haswell

Enema's Legacy BP Megathread

Will the crew experience I earn in the rental Hunter carry over to the final assembled Hunter once I get it, or are they considered "separate vehicles" in which case there's little point in playing the rental?

1 hour ago, Nihtwaco said:

Hunter in garage 50 crates

That's roughly the expected outcome.  The Bell curve seems to be centered between 40 and 60 crates, peaking right around 50, or at least it did for the BroSAT in the last BP.

The maximum needed should be 79 crates (plus the 7 "special" crates that you create from those).  Each crate gives at least 1 part, and each special gives at least 3.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

Yes any crew and commander experience Consumables and even retrofits transfer to a bought or won Vehicle from the rental

5 minutes ago, Nihtwaco said:

Consumables and even retrofits transfer to a bought or won Vehicle from the rental

That's convenient.  I knew that you could get a full refund by selling off the rental before obtaining the regular vehicle, but didn't realize you could just leave it all installed and it would auto-"upgrade" for you.  Very cool.

Ok, off to play my rental Hunter some more, then.  Having difficulty deciding between AP and PELE... it was a much easier choice on the AS21!

Just a heads up, the final Enigma mission that requires you to kill 7 bots in the first 3 minutes, actually require eliminates. Found that out the hard way yesterday.

UJJh2zi.png

Spoiler

I got the type 10 but I;m dissapointed by it. Maybe I just need to learn to play it but as of right now it seems like a weaker PL-01.

3 hours ago, Zemosu said:

I got the type 10 but I;m dissapointed by it. Maybe I just need to learn to play it but as of right now it seems like a weaker PL-01.

it's actually a way better PL-01, it's armor is weak against AP but it's a beast against HEAT, NERA is kinda useful ( cough cough i made a guide about that >.> ) and it can carry relatively easily, the aiming is amazing, reload too.

it's a good tank overall, and a good MBT / LT hybrid

So, here we are coming towards the end of this battle path.

What happens to all the battle coins and boosters that you have when this battle path is over?  You can't buy the Hunter a second time, all you get for it is about 3500 battle coins so trying to get the Hunter again for credits or gold is out.  There is a 25% bonus to battle coins going right now.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Leftover coins go to waste, so blow them all on the lootboxes when they inevitably become available at the end of the BP. At the very least you might get an extra booster here and there.

Boosters can be used indefinitely for any of the upcoming BPs, so save them up.

Spoiler

On 7/31/2020 at 9:37 AM, Zemosu said:

Zemosu, this isn't anything directed at you, but it is directed at the comment itself.

My running mate summed up how to unlock the abilities of the Type 10 a few weeks ago confirming the training he got from me on it.  The ability of this tank is buried in the little details.

If you can not interface with it, if you can not sort out the little details, you and the Type 10 will not jive together and you will not do well in it at all.  I love the PL01 but trust me, the PL01 doesn't hold a candle to the Type 10.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Several topics in one post...

I'd meant to come back and post when I got it, then forgot.  IIRC I got my Hunter from 42 crates (plus the 4 completed special crates).  The first set of 10 provided 30 parts, then when the second and third sets each provided 15 I was convinced that the first set is rigged to sucker you in.  But then the 4th set provided 28 parts giving me 88 total.  The miracle was the 42nd crate which had 10 parts in it all by itself.  (The 41st obviously contained 2.)

I also have the Type 10 and while I'm not "disappointed" with it, I can 100% understand why others are.  IDGAF so play it like a heavy TD or heavy LT, but that sometimes means that I piss off my teammates when I'm the only MBT on the team.  Tough.  I'm not going to suicide trying to play it like the MBT it isn't just because the matchmaker is broken.  It would be better if it were visually obvious when your NERA has been depleted, but I've looked for it and just can't tell.  (Same complaint about the Hunter.)  It makes a nice backup MBT or heavy TD - it can really dish out the damage and in that respect totally out-classes a fully upgraded K2.  4 shots with an 11-ish second reload vs 3 shots with a 10-ish second reload isn't even fair, and that's totally not counting the sub-2 second intra-clip rate on the Type 10 vs the 2.67-second rate on the K2 (optimal DPM build).  My understanding is that the K2 allegedly has better armor, but I really can't tell a difference against bots.  They both get eaten alive.  So yeah, expect a Type 10 nerf as it completely out-classes the K2.

Lastly, I think the mission chains need work.  There are several issues here.

First, the requirement to use Battle Path vehicles.  Not a terrible idea in and of itself, but for it to work the BP vehicles have to be very carefully chosen (or the mission requirements have to be chosen to fit the available vehicles).  I don't feel like this was well done for Enigma's Legacy, because I basically had to wait until I had the two end-game reward vehicles before I could make significant progress through the chains.  If this is to be a requirement in the future, the chains should probably require a specific vehicle so that the missions can be tailored to that vehicle.

The Support chain (requirements are to get spotting damage) is by far the best of the 3 chains, and is the only one that I don't feel needs fixing.  The spotting damage requirements aren't extreme, but are hard enough that they do require that you actually try to complete them (as opposed to them just happening as you play).  At least for me, anyway.  And the 2 "weird" missions along the way were totally doable if you planned carefully and picked the right map.  (Spot X before taking damage, spot X before being spotted.)  For example, I can get the 8k-10k spotting damage requirements done fairly regularly as long as I'm concentrating on that task.  But as a counter-point, it doesn't matter how hard I try to get 15 Eliminations in a single match... that's just not going to happen unless I get lucky or my teammates are potatoes.  Same for 30k (and 35k) damage in PvE.  And the "weird" missions in those chains either require match rigging with a platoon, or you have to get pretty lucky.  Get the first 3 kills in a match certainly does happen occasionally, but it isn't your skill that matters - what matters is how bad your teammates are.  Getting the first 3 kills and they have to be eliminations is just crazy to hope for while playing solo.  The problem as I see it is that the first 2 chains basically require that you rig a platoon to "cheat" your way through the last half of the chain, whereas the 3rd chain can be done solo by a good player who is specifically working on completing the chain.

Yeah, yeah, the first 2 chains are easier if you do them in SpecOps.  That itself is another problem - PvE and SpecOps should have separate requirements just like PvP and GLOPS.

The final problem - which is subtle and basically hidden - is that the first 2 chains require you to be an asshole in missions if you're playing solo.  Which, at least in my experience, seems to be the way that most people play.  (Solo, not as assholes.  Though you can make a good argument for the latter, too.)  You have to ruin other peoples' games in order to complete your missions, which is really pretty horrible mission design.  The 3rd chain actually encourages you to be a team player - spotting for your team makes the game more fun for everyone.

So my helpful feedback for future Battle Paths looks like this:

1. PvE and SpecOps should have separate requirements.

2. Mission chains that require the use of Battle Path vehicles need to be tuned carefully so that they can be completed with the initially available BP vehicles.  The easiest way to do this is probably to require a specific BP vehicle for each chain, but then make sure that you tune that chain to the capabilities of that vehicle.  This has the happy side effect of allowing more diversity in the missions in each chain - they don't all have to be "do X damage" or "get Y kills".

3. Mission chain missions should encourage good team play like the Support chain does in Enigma's Legacy.  Requirements to "do 25k+ damage" or to "get 25+ kills" force players to play selfishly which degrades the experience for everyone.

On 8/17/2020 at 5:53 AM, knutliott said:

The Support chain (requirements are to get spotting damage) is by far the best of the 3 chains, and is the only one that I don't feel needs fixing.  The spotting damage requirements aren't extreme, but are hard enough that they do require that you actually try to complete them (as opposed to them just happening as you play).  At least for me, anyway.  And the 2 "weird" missions along the way were totally doable if you planned carefully and picked the right map.  

Just want to say that most of 3rd line set of tasks are not only spotting, they about "help deal damage" which works when you just highlight targets

On 8/17/2020 at 5:53 AM, knutliott said:

But as a counter-point, it doesn't matter how hard I try to get 15 Eliminations in a single match... that's just not going to happen unless I get lucky or my teammates are potatoes.  Same for 30k (and 35k) damage in PvE.  And the "weird" missions in those chains either require match rigging with a platoon, or you have to get pretty lucky.  Get the first 3 kills in a match certainly does happen occasionally, but it isn't your skill that matters - what matters is how bad your teammates are.  Getting the first 3 kills and they have to be eliminations is just crazy to hope for while playing solo.  The problem as I see it is that the first 2 chains basically require that you rig a platoon to "cheat" your way through the last half of the chain, whereas the 3rd chain can be done solo by a good player who is specifically working on completing the chain..

Per my experience, i skipped the last two in first line, but the rest was just terribly grinding and repeatable. Some of them are doable in SO, some just in PvE. Kill first 3 or eliminate 3 first takes luck (with team and bots), skill, and some competitiveness spirit too. 

9 hours ago, dfnce said:

Just want to say that most of 3rd line set of tasks are not only spotting, they about "help deal damage" which works when you just highlight targets

Yeah, I know.  Tracking targets also works.  The hierarchy is Designate > Tracking/Disabling > Spotting.

9 hours ago, dfnce said:

Per my experience, i skipped the last two in first line, but the rest was just terribly grinding and repeatable. Some of them are doable in SO, some just in PvE. Kill first 3 or eliminate 3 first takes luck (with team and bots), skill, and some competitiveness spirit too. 

The fact that the grindiest missions are basically only doable in SpecOps is why I suggested that PvE and SpecOps should have separate requirements just like PvP and GLOPS.

There's also a huge difference between "doable" and "reasonable goal for an event."  Sure, 35k damage in PvE (not SpecOps) is doable but it's not a reasonable goal for an event, even if you do it in Spec Ops.  Especially 10 times.  That's an insanely random grind for a time-limited event.  You basically have to take the most OPAF vehicles, luck into the right map, and get a team full of potatoes (but not idiots) in order to pull it off.

Also remember that it's poor game design to design goals in an event that can only be completed by the best of the best.  These should be feasible for average players.  Not easy, but at least reasonably possible for average players to complete.  None of the final chain's missions qualify by that metric - they're all insane and basically require that you get a group together to help you complete them.  Some of them multiple times.  And I would argue that several of the 2nd half mission for the first 2 chains also don't meet that metric.  Anything above 25k damage in PvE is beyond the capabilities of most players even in SpecOps.  So is anything above 10 Eliminations or 20 kills.  Those are things an average player just can't do, which means they're not reasonable goals for an event like this.

And yes, I get it.  The real goal (from AW's perspective) is to get people to pay gold to skip those missions.  That basically makes it even worse, because it's such a blatant cash grab.

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

On 8/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, Katsumoto said:

Zemosu, this isn't anything directed at you, but it is directed at the comment itself.

My running mate summed up how to unlock the abilities of the Type 10 a few weeks ago confirming the training he got from me on it.  The ability of this tank is buried in the little details.

If you can not interface with it, if you can not sort out the little details, you and the Type 10 will not jive together and you will not do well in it at all.  I love the PL01 but trust me, the PL01 doesn't hold a candle to the Type 10.

2nd time i have seen your riddle about the Type 10, if you don't want to tell people your "little secret" , then why even mention it? personally i like the Type 10 and think it's good tank,