Haswell

Enema's Legacy BP Megathread

4 minutes ago, TekNicTerror said:

Besides the increase in BC needed for the ranks, one thing I don't like is the repeatable 3 missions are on a 24 hour refresh, it should be 48 hours at least. Also if they were shortening the refresh time from 72 hours, the requirements should have been reduced as well.

As for you Lenticulas.... this is for talking about the BP itself.... not a should I (or anyone else) should buy into the BP or even be convinced to do so. Go start another thread for that crap. You either want to support the game or you don't... or better yet, you got money and/or gold to burn or you don't. Simple as that.

:wubseal:

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

As long as the repeatable missions don't have a reduced reward I don't see how it can be a problem to shorten the refresh time. If you get 600 BC for them you get them if you play the mission in 1, 2 or even 3 or more days, depending on how much you can or want to play, possibly not forgetting that you are using very valuable RL time and to use it to have fun playing or to suffer playing, to grind pixel made tanks that you can probably live without if you don't have fun grinding them, are completely different uses of your spare time.

Shortening the refresh time is an advantage for who can/want to play a lot of time and better if he is also a very good player, as in PvP being able to get very good results some missions are not so long, for who almost constantly get 7-10 kills in Glops it is way faster then getting kills in PvE  as they should be 35-50 each mission. For those that need more time the reward is anyway 600 BC, at the rate they feel to play.

Now if 600 BC are a good enough reward for missions like doing 450K damage is the real problem, does not matter how short is the refresh time. Playing PvE, as some players can not or don't like to play PvP, it is 20 missions with an average of 22.5K, pretty high for an average player and perfectly possible for a good one, so is probably 4 hours of playing, and as you have 3 different missions active and only some times they overlap, you can do 2 or more of them playing the same tanks, it can mean 12 hours to get all 3, for only 1800 BC, not even half of what is needed to progress one single rank. having 40 ranks (as the first 10 ones are easier to get) it is more then 80 days of full time (12 hours/day for a good player) work if the BP should be completed with the repeatable missions only. 

But as also other sources of BC are there, not repeatable missions, BC boosters and the rest, not necessarily including spending RL money, the time to complete the BP can be a lot less of that, there is plenty of time for doing it even without making playing AW a full time work, surely not playing AW for less then an hour only some evenings, but to have to complete the repeatable missions fast so you don't loose the ones that you can get the next day is a completely fast problem, let the people that has a lot of time to play do it, and if you can't or don't want to play so much time it is still possible to get the last BP reward.

As the BP this time is in the spring/summer time I suspect that I will have more fun driving my motorcycle then shooting at pixel tanks, so probably I will not reach the highest rank, but it is a deliberate choice of mine...

:winkseal:    

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

4. Hunter AFV - Requirements for this one are unknown, so impossible to judge - but it's an AFV, so something I would probably like to get. How? i don't know.

Battle Path loot crates. You will spend Battle Coins to purchase crates, open them, and collect 100 blueprint pieces to assemble the Hunter.

Each crate will drop at least 1 blueprint piece and 1 special crate piece. Once you have 10 special crate pieces, you can assemble them into a special crate which will drop a few more pieces (i.e. extra crate with slightly more drops). If you are lucky, these special crates may also drop premium vehicles up to tier 10 or commanders which you would normally need to pay to get in shops or via previous Battle Paths.

I don't know when it will become available, but it's usually within a month after kickoff. For reference, these are the prices for Last Patriot's Bradley AAWS-H:

• 1 Crate for 1,200 Battle Coins
  • 5 Crates for 5,500 Battle Coins
  • 10 Crates for 10,000 Battle Coins

The prices may change for Enigma's Legacy. I hope this isn't the case, but we shall see.

aMcZOFg.png

11 hours ago, TekNicTerror said:

Besides the increase in BC needed for the ranks, one thing I don't like is the repeatable 3 missions are on a 24 hour refresh, it should be 48 hours at least. Also if they were shortening the refresh time from 72 hours, the requirements should have been reduced as well.

I actually get why they did it the way they did.  They don't expect you to actually finish all 3 of them every 24 hours, but they're giving you that opportunity so that you'll try.  More people trying means more people online, which is an overall plus for everyone.

I was looking at the repeatables and thinking that they were worse than before, but as I looked closer that's only true for the XP repeatable.  That used to be 10k XP, now it's 25k XP.  Ouch.  But the kills repeatable now counts assists so is slightly easier, and I don't think the damage repeatable changed at all.  I don't like that the restrictions don't seem to overlap very often, but that's the same as before so isn't a change.  I really wish they'd made them scale, though.  My first damage repeatable is 350k damage in a Tier 3-6 TD/LT/AFV, and that's a lot of damage at low tiers made worse by the fact that it literally doesn't overlap with anything else so I have to work on it exclusively if I want to complete it.

8 hours ago, Qbicle said:

Battle Path loot crates. You will spend Battle Coins to purchase crates, open them, and collect 100 blueprint pieces to assemble the Hunter.

Each crate will drop at least 1 blueprint piece and 1 special crate piece. Once you have 10 special crate pieces, you can assemble them into a special crate which will drop a few more pieces (i.e. extra crate with slightly more drops). If you are lucky, these special crates may also drop premium vehicles up to tier 10 or commanders which you would normally need to pay to get in shops or via previous Battle Paths.

I don't know when it will become available, but it's usually within a month after kickoff. For reference, these are the prices for Last Patriot's Bradley AAWS-H:

• 1 Crate for 1,200 Battle Coins
  • 5 Crates for 5,500 Battle Coins
  • 10 Crates for 10,000 Battle Coins

The prices may change for Enigma's Legacy. I hope this isn't the case, but we shall see.

Unless they've tweaked the drop rates, it took about 50 crates in American Dream.  The bell curve seemed to make needing less than 40 or more than 60 pretty rare.  I needed 48 IIRC.

50 crates = 50k coins = 20k gold + 2k earned coins.  That's a little over $83 worth of gold, which is only a little more expensive than a Tier 9 normally costs (at least theoretically that's $75).  So it's not completely unreasonable to just buy it, though it should be pretty easy to earn 50k coins in 3 months.

My goal is level 36 (I don't care about the Type 10) plus the Hunter, so I need 154k coins.  I bought the 42.5K entry, so that leaves 111.5K to earn.  40k per month.  Shouldn't be too hard, but it's still a lot of grinding.

14 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

I'm still on the fence over this.

OK from a 'Return on Investment' point of view - the prizes:

1. Tier5 prem MBT straight off. OK, fine

I have a couple of thousand battle coins from last time, so it should be really easy to get to number 2:
2. Tier6 prem MBT straight off. OK fine.

However, being a Glops person, who doesn't really go for MBTs, & it's difficult to actually GET a game of Glops in anything under Tier7 ... so these are not super-useful for me.

3. Pindad - sounds interesting, I might like this one.
I just tried it on Alabino.
This must be banned IMMEDIATELY before it ruins everything.

-----------------

4. Hunter AFV - Requirements for this one are unknown, so impossible to judge - but it's an AFV, so something I would probably like to get. How? i don't know.
5. Tier 10 big tank thing - I'm never going to get this far, so we can ignore it.

When I find out:

or

It doesn't make the Path look very attractive

Forgive by glass-half-empty cynicism, but does anyone want to have a go at persuading me to do this ...

if i could gift you a BP access ticket  i would,  you seem to really overthinking making  an  "investment" of $8.25, 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, Lenticulas said:

So the Super-Duper Battle Path Access + 42.500 Battle Coins doesn't even get you the Pindad?

I puchased 42.5 "early" access, I had one complete assembled bradley in inventory to melt back to coins, plus about collected 15k coins from weekend SO crates (and very little from raid which i mostly ignored). This brought me to somewhat level 24 i think. I burnt 3 boosts so far (i still have 35) to play for coins and do randomly missions with crazy North-Korean tank, completed first 2 missions from each line plus the Coin collecting challenge gave me some solid coins too. I am 6k short to level 30. So unless some big mail ru or mygames server collapse happen in weekend, i probably get that Pindad either today or tomorrow. 

Edited by dfnce (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Travlla said:

if i could gift you a BP access ticket  i would,  you seem to really overthinking making  an  "investment" of $8.25,

But but but,  ... OK fair enough. :classic_biggrin: You got me.

I suppose I can try for the AFV, and see how far I get. And who knows, it might enable some of the devs to get some meat this month. The poor things have been looking so pale recently.

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

On 6/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, knutliott said:

IAlso, the 1000 Battle Coin coupon that I received at level 7 can't be redeemed.  I get an error saying something about how the contracts for that battle path haven't been activated.

This?

ScreenShot0608.jpg

22 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

On 6/4/2020 at 2:57 AM, Haswell said:

I’ve seen a reference to the Engima’s Legacy crates. Can you tell me more about them?

The Engima’s Legacy Loot Crates are in exchange for surplus Battle Coins. They include blueprint pieces of the Hunter Tier 9 Premium AFV (along with a chance for that vehicle to drop directly) as well as pieces of Special Patriot Loot Crates. These Special Crates have to be first assembled and, upon doing so, they drop improved loot, including:

• Exclusive Premium vehicles (including those from previous Battle Paths, up to Tier 10)
  • Exclusive commanders (including Battle Path ones)
  • Battle Path boosters

The only thing that is missing is the final tally of how many pieces are going to be needed.

1 hour ago, Travlla said:

This?

ScreenShot0608.jpg

Yes, that.  That is annoying and hopefully gets fixed really soon.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

2 hours ago, Travlla said:

This?

ScreenShot0608.jpg

Does this count as "Mission requirements not working properly" on Battle Path Bingo? Ka-ching! 

And on an unrelated topic: oh crap I just actually read what this thread is really titled... [face-palm] 

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Travlla said:

IMHO the problem is not to pay or not the access, I did it with some gold and not with RL money and got the access only, without the 42.5K BC, the real investment can be our real life time.

The BP is at its very begin, and I begin to feel bored to play it, as if I want to progress trough completing missions I am forced to play some specific tanks, the new BP ones for the camo missions, and the mid tier MBTs are not exactly my first choice if I have to play for fun and not for grinding, and the ones required by the repeatable missions, and if it can be fun to play some specific class at some specific tiers it becomes boring, at least for me, if i have to grind trough 25k xp or 300-450k damage, things that can need up to 30-40 games depending on the specific class you have to play and how you are a good player.

To think that for the next 3 months every time  I log in the game I have the choice to play whatever i feel in that moment, tier, tank and mode, so play for the fun, or play what i have to play to complete missions, not only having to play the same class at certain tiers many times, but possibly to have to play in a not natural way, ie stealing kills from my team mates as i need them for some mission, so i have to work and not play as my goal is grinding and not having fun makes me not happy at all.

This is very subjective, some friends of mine seem to disappear from the game when a BP is not active, as they have little other left to grind, so for them grinding is a reason to play. For me it is the exact opposite and somehow I regret to have purchased the BP access, even if I payed it with some gold I got playing, not purchasing it with RL money, and if I am happy to have more active population I am not happy to see how most of that population play in a not natural way, and the more the BP progresses so the not repeatable missions become demanding, ie we will need games with a certain number of kills, they will play less naturally.

To me deciding to play the PB the problem is not if to invest $8.25, that in many countries is what you earn working an hour (more or less depends on the country and your work, but let's take it as average for the rich countries) or less then what you pay a pizza and a beer, is if invest hundred of hours of our precious spare time, do we do it because we really like to play that way, focused on the grind, to get some new shiny tanks made of pixels, or we do it because we really have fun grinding so the more grind the best?

Yesterday I played less then on an average not BP day, and today I don't feel much to play at all, possibly I will log in only for the daily reward.

It seems that PB is having a strange effect on me, it is more a poison then an healing potion for my motivation to play AW...

:megustasealk:

2 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

Those thousand-coin packs are for the *next* battle path, not this one.

...but will the next battle path use battle coins?  That thing with the raid missions seemed to steer us in a direction that it might not be the case?

Is this thing the same for the battle coin coupons that are unlocked for the missions for the Type 10?

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

5 hours ago, Katsumoto said:

...but will the next battle path use battle coins?  That thing with the raid missions seemed to steer us in a direction that it might not be the case?

Is this thing the same for the battle coin coupons that are unlocked for the missions for the Type 10?

Yes, there will be Battle Paths and Raids.  They are not the same thing.  :)  And I believe so, yes, although keep in mind that you get the Type at the end of the main string, not the side missions.

I wonder how many numerical variations there are for the repeatable missions.

I had "15,000 XP while driving T3-6 AFV " before, and now I have one that is "20,000 XP for T3-6 LT".

Why does driving LT require more XP than AFV of the same tier range?

aMcZOFg.png

1 hour ago, Qbicle said:

I wonder how many numerical variations there are for the repeatable missions.

I had "15,000 XP while driving T3-6 AFV " before, and now I have one that is "20,000 XP for T3-6 LT".

Why does driving LT require more XP than AFV of the same tier range?

There is also 30 000 Net EXP driving tier 7-10 LT

15 hours ago, Zemosu said:

It's another AW shit life grind fest, it's not enjoyable.

16 hours ago, BumbaX said:

seems that PB is having a strange effect on me, it is more a poison then an healing potion for my motivation to play AW...

... You guys really aren't selling it to me, you know :QQQQQQ:  ;-)

2 hours ago, Lenticulas said:

you get a lot of decals, you even get a banner(that you need 10000 gold to use). There is more grind compared to last one, also you can't really stack doing challenges with missions. It's another piece of shit My.com grind fest intended to exhaust gold, patience and time of your life so that you would later buy the predatory illegal gambling lootboxes.

Edited by Zemosu (see edit history)

On 6/7/2020 at 2:03 AM, Lenticulas said:

Well, for 8 bucks you're basically guaranteed to get a Tier 5 and a Tier 6 Premium, both of which are actually pretty good.  And with any kind of semi-reasonable effort you'll also collect the Tier 8 Premium.

Remember that the Challenges alone are worth a potential 70,000 coins.  Level 30 only requires 82,500 total.  Most people won't be able to complete all of the Challenges (several of them essentially require rigging with a 5-person platoon), but I managed to finish 6 of them last time playing solo PvE and did at least a couple of levels on the other 4.  So I managed 42,000+ from the Challenges alone, and you have to actually *play* to do those so you're earning regular coins at the same time.  So level 30 shouldn't be difficult at all.

Ignore the mission chains.  Those are basically intended for 5-person platoons.  Sure you can do a few of them on your own playing PvE, but a good percentage of them basically require rigging with a 5-person platoon.

On 6/9/2020 at 12:56 AM, knutliott said:

Ignore the mission chains.  Those are basically intended for 5-person platoons.  Sure you can do a few of them on your own playing PvE, but a good percentage of them basically require rigging with a 5-person platoon.

It takes some determination and luck to beat odds in random. I admin it is not easy to make 30K and 15 liqudations even on 6-lel SH SO (up to missions 7), but third line of missions is not about even being too good tanker/shooter, it is possible to get up to mission 8 once you get Pindad and spam "E" markings.