Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Enemies Eliminated

When was this stat added?  I just noticed it today and have never seen it before.  It's in your Dossier under Statistics and is listed right under Enemies Killed.  The hover-over message says, "The total amount of enemy vehicles you destroyed.  Only the vehicles, to which you have dealt the most damage of your entire team, count towards this number."

It must have been added fairly recently because right now mine says 201, and I otherwise have 84,437 kills.

Definitely very recently.  I played one match on Spearhead in my AS21 and got 15 kills, and my Enemies Eliminated count went up by 11 to 212.

It's also displayed in the details tab of the after action report right underneath your kills for the mission.

There are several goal categories included in this Battle Path:

Kill (or Destroy, which is the same thing) simply means you have to be the player who deals the finishing blow to the target.

Assist means that you have to be the player who deals the most damage to the target (save for killing it). There is no threshold – if player A deals 40 percent of all the damage to the target, player B deals 30 percent of all the damage done to the target and then player C deals the remaining 30 percent and kills it, player A will get the “assist”. Kill or assist requirements often come together, so you can either achieve a kill, or an assist and both will count towards your mission progress.

Eliminate means that you have to destroy the target AND, at the same time, be the player dealing the most damage to it. What that means is that, in the case described above, no player would achieve elimination. However, if two players dealt 30 percent of damage each and then another player dealt 40 percent of damage and killed the target, that player would achieve elimination.

Performance is the percentage of hits that hit your target while dealing main hitpoint damage. In other words, a mission with 80 percent performance requirement requires 80 percent of all your shells to hit your target and deal hitpoint damage to it. What this means is that:

-          Shells that hit and deal damage (even without penetration, like HE explosions) will count

-          Shells that don’t hit but still deal damage (HE splash) don’t count

-          Shells that hit but don’t deal damage (non-penetrations, ricochets) don’t count

-          Shells that hit but only deal module damage (hitting enemy ERA, tracks or gun) don’t count

Last but not least, the Enigma Unit skin mission series (PLM, NPAA, Lions and Enigma) all require the use of one of the Battle Path’s vehicles: Type 74, Seongun-915, SBS Pindad, Type 10 Hitomaru and Hunter AFV.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

Assist means that you have to be the player who deals the most damage to the target (save for killing it). There is no threshold – if player A deals 40 percent of all the damage to the target, player B deals 30 percent of all the damage done to the target and then player C deals the remaining 30 percent and kills it, player A will get the “assist”. Kill or assist requirements often come together, so you can either achieve a kill, or an assist and both will count towards your mission progress.

No threshold means that if player A does 1% of the damage and player B does 99% of the damage and kills player A still gets the assist? In other words if I shot a single AC round to an enemy and there is only an other friendly around that can deal with that particular enemy I can then focus on other enemies that maybe can flank my team mate and still get that assist, or from a more selfish point of view doing little damage to all the enemies i see hoping that some of them are then damaged and killed by only a team mate can possibly give me assists?

7 hours ago, BumbaX said:

No threshold means that if player A does 1% of the damage and player B does 99% of the damage and kills player A still gets the assist? In other words if I shot a single AC round to an enemy and there is only an other friendly around that can deal with that particular enemy I can then focus on other enemies that maybe can flank my team mate and still get that assist, or from a more selfish point of view doing little damage to all the enemies i see hoping that some of them are then damaged and killed by only a team mate can possibly give me assists?

Based on SS's wording, I'd say no.  You did not do the most damage.  However there is effectively a threshold - in PvE it will not be possible to get an Assist unless you do at least 20.1% of the damage to the target because there are 5 people on your team and that's as low as you can go and still do the most damage.

It sounds like the person who does the most damage either gets an Elimination or an Assist.  (And possibly also a Kill? If you get an Elimination do you also always get a Kill?  Or does an Elimination replace a Kill?)  It also sounds like if someone gets an Elimination, then no one gets an Assist.

It's unclear what happens if 2 people do exactly the same amount of damage and tie for "most".  (Admittedly a rare outcome, but theoretically possible.)  If A and B each do 40%, and C does 20% and gets the Kill, do both A and B get an Assist?

7 hours ago, knutliott said:

It also sounds like if someone gets an Elimination, then no one gets an Assist.

I would disagree but probably only the real test can tell the truth.

If there is a second player who met minimal requirements of dealing the assist damage and ranked as the second with damage dealt to target, then per Assist definition, it is deserved by second player. 

23 hours ago, BumbaX said:

No. In your case, B gets an elimination. The assist mechanic triggers only if you don't kill BUT deal most damage. That is why "assist" and "kill" are both always together - either you get the kill, or, if you sgnificantly contribute, an assist.

3 hours ago, Silentstalker said:

No. In your case, B gets an elimination. The assist mechanic triggers only if you don't kill BUT deal most damage. That is why "assist" and "kill" are both always together - either you get the kill, or, if you sgnificantly contribute, an assist.

That makes sense.  Any given enemy tank provides either a Kill and an Assist (to different players), or an Elimination.  Or put another way, Eliminations and Assists are mutually exclusive.

For complete clarity, can you get both a Kill and an Elimination on the same enemy vehicle?  Or are they also mutually exclusive?

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, knutliott said:

That makes sense.  Any given enemy tank provides either a Kill and an Assist (to different players), or an Elimination.  Or put another way, Eliminations and Assists are mutually exclusive.

For complete clarity, can you get both a Kill and an Elimination on the same enemy vehicle?  Or are they also mutually exclusive?

They aren't mutually exclusive. You can get both.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Silentstalker said:

I clearly still don't understand how this works, because based on everything said above this mission shouldn't be possible.

As you can see from the first screenshot, were 37 total enemy vehicles in the match.  And as you can see from the second screenshot, I got 19 Eliminations.  According to everything that's been said in the thread above, an Elimination and an Assist can't happen against the same enemy vehicle, which means that there are only 37 (total enemies) - 19 (my Eliminations) = 18 possible Assists available in this mission.  Yet there were 27.

I've seen this numerous times now, but it's most obvious in a crazy mission like this one.

Based on what I remember from the mission, I think it's entirely possible that I solo killed 10 enemies.  Meaning that no one else did any damage to those 10 vehicles at all.  If that's the case, then perhaps an Assist is always awarded unless there's a solo kill?  I.e. as long as at least 2 people contribute to destroying a vehicle, someone will be awarded an Assist?  Or to put it a 3rd way, you get an Assist if you don't get the kill but do the most damage to a vehicle not counting the player who got the kill.

ScreenShot0594.jpg

ScreenShot0595.jpg

Edited by knutliott (see edit history)