Sign in to follow this  
CaptKingNF

VCAC Mephesto reload

I don't understand why this Missle carrier is hindered with 8-10 seconds of un-modifiable reload due to weapon arm raising and lowering... its 4-6 seconds down and 4-6 seconds back up depending on your firing position.  This is not the only on either.  Anyone ever get any reason why the hard reload penalty?

That is even harder if you want to do a partial reload, if you fire for some reason a single missile you have to wait forever to reload it.

The same is true for the Bradley AAWS-H that other ways could have been a semi decent T8 premium.

The reload animation can be cool from a purely aesthetic point of view, but makes me hate the tanks that use it, i am so happy that all them are full grind with crew at lev 5 for me, both could have been interesting tanks, the Mephisto missiles are good and the Bradley KEM are interesting in GLOPS, maybe also Random Battle and in few selected PvE missions, but the very long reload time due to the animation and the cost of risking to loose chances to hit if a partial reload is done puts them among the tanks I enjoy less to play. 

Yes the reload on the VCAC milk truck is painful, fit the ATGM Targeting Module and i'ts 3 seconds longer( 17.94 v 14.35), launching 2 missile at once is good if they pen, but  i have found i do better single shot with HOT-3-ATGM's , 

The reload is actually 8-12 seconds longer the stated.  The Reload is not even right.  

4-6 Second Retract animation

15.94 reload

4-6 Second Extend 

And don't fire before the Arm swings around or count those missiles gone....

15.94 + 8 = 23.94 reload time...and the 8-12 second animation is not modifiable it just 8-12 seconds on top of the reload...LOL...

I am wondering what the hell is it for,  its looks cool but its BS.    Nothing else has animations (the tunaCan and its even longer)

In my PVP configuration i get a max reload of approximately 24s (with doubleshot). From a PVE POV the reload is painful as you need the dpm, but in terms of PVP the reload is totally fine, as it balances the insane firepower of the tank. Just remeber: With the double shot module you're able to oneshot lots of TDs and AFVs (or at least bypass the APS) and deal incredible damage easily. The burst is definitely unmatched for ATGM TDs in tier 8.

With its currently very strong abilities like a hard-kill APS, triple 360° smoke, double-shot, HEAT MP and invisible movement the only thing that holds it back from being too OP is the reload. It's a hard to master vehicle but people that do master it perform exceptionally well in PVP. For me personally it's still a bit too strong (the hard-kill should be removed).

So currently the animation is just a mean to balance the tank just as it is with the C13 TUA, which would be horribly OP without the reload animation.

As a second point I really like the animation, in close combat it actually makes the vehicle perform worse, as your enemy can easily tell if you're reloading or not (wich makes a significant difference) I personally would as well like to see MBT guns moving into reload position after firing, that would be a really nice feature in my opinion (of course without affecting the reload).

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

What they should do is add the time of the animation to the stats. Right now it looks like the dev's are trying to add even more nerf under the table either on purpose or by accident.

Edited by JintoLin (see edit history)

@TeyKey1 I agree, in PvP and mainly in Random Battle it is not a bad tank at all, GLOPS are somehow closer to PvE as people can respawn so care less of their life so high dpm becomes more relevant. There burst damage becomes much more relevant then dpm, as you any way will shot much less, the damage you do is 3-5 times less then in PvE-GLOPS seeing both my statistics and the ones of the really good players, but to be able to let's say kill an enemy AFV with double missile while your hard kill aps stops one of the missiles that Bradley fires at you or pack 4 missiles in a weak spot of an MBT in a short time is a real advantage as at best he will be able to shot you only once, if he sees you, before you pop out smoke and hide.

In PvE, even if I got my share of blue stars with it, it is an other story... And even if I agree that the tanks should be mainly balanced for PvP I also think that this can be obtained without unbalancing them too much in PvE, thing that sometimes happens, surely in this case happens. A shorter real reload time, for real I include the animation time, and maybe disabling the double tap or making the missile less good could have been ways to have the tank not OP in RB but more viable and interesting in PvE as in RB the real goal is to kill and in PvE is to do damage.

@Travlla the double shot is really powerful in PvP, for the reasons mentioned above, but probably is not the best option in PvE for a couple of reasons. First, given the long reload time it is very annoying when you have to fire at a low hp BOT to kill it, and you have to do it if he is focusing at you, and you waste 2 missiles to do little damage. Second to maximize the tank performance, as you can fire about 8 AGTM each minute, you should really want that every missile does the maximum possible damage, the double missile is marginally useful vs BOTs with hard kill APS, but not so much as even if you land the 3 other missiles that T15, Merkava or other tank with burst and high hp will be anyway alive and will kill you, so you have to shot at them in a situation when they don't retaliate, so you can anyway fire the 4 missiles at them one by one and get 3 hits. But to be able to shot individually each missile to a target that has enough HP to take the full AGTM damage is the way to deal with the low dpm, you have only 8 missiles/minute, but they all pack the maximum damage, for that reason is also better to don't shot at moving targets or targets that you may not penetrate, and firing each AGTM individually makes it more easy to do.