Sign in to follow this  
knutliott

Target reticle remains colored for armor pen when not aimed at a vehicle

Game Version: all versions from UI upgrade through at least 25.5.2020

Brief Description: when aiming at a vehicle and then losing line of sight due to hard cover/obstruction, the aiming reticle will often remain colored as if you were still aimed at a target.  This confuses players into thinking they have LOS and can fire, when in fact there is no LOS and all shots will hit the hard cover/obstruction.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Aim at an enemy that is moving toward hard cover/an obstruction

2. As the enemy moves behind the cover and you continue to track with the aiming reticle, observe that the aiming reticle does not revert to white (or whatever your default reticle color is if you've modified it) and instead remains whatever color it last was while pointed at armor.

Result: reticle often, but not always, continues to display an armor pen color instead of reverting to white when no longer aimed at an enemy vehicle

Expected Behavior: reticle should immediately revert to white when no longer aimed at an enemy vehicle

Fixes/Workarounds: none known

Other Notes: this can also happen at the edge of camo range, but that's much more difficult to reproduce intentionally.

I am seeing the same thing a lot of the time, aimed on a enemy tank, and then I am not (aimed at anything but a enemy tank, sometimes nothing at all) and the crosshair is still showing green pen status. Though I wont shoot unless I see the outline of the enemy I was aiming at as well, or it just vanished for a quick blind shot.

I am on Windows 10, been happening for a week or longer.