Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

June 2 Update Notes

https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/maintenance-june-2

On the 2nd of June 2020, starting from 8:00 CEST (1st of June, 11 PM PDT), the server will not be available for 5 hours due to the application of Update 0.32.7060

List of Update 0.32.7060 Changes

• In this Update, we'll be launching the Enigma's Legacy Battle Path campaign
  • Fixed an issue where it was impossible to deploy Mechanized Infantry after a respawn
  • Fixed an issue that led to incorrect stacking of multiple reload time bonuses
  • As announced earlier, Tank Destroyers and Light Tanks now all have machineguns (with some specific exceptions)
  • New Battalion Contract can now be selected immediately after completing the last one. The contract will still start on the nearest Thursday, but no earlier than three days from the completion of the last one
  • BMP-3M: Fixed the issue with its missing ERA kit
  • BMP-1, 1P, 2 and ZBD-86: Fixed an issue where disembarking infantry would clip their legs into the vehicle’s hull
  • Leopard 2AX: Fixed an issue where one decal would not display correctly
  • Marder 2: Fixed the shell impact sound volume
  • Merkava Mk.4 and Mk.4M: Fixed an issue where disembarking infantry would clip their heads into the vehicle’s hull
  • Sphinx: The missile launcher now has a proper destroyed model
  • Fixed an issue with the appearance of the “Deserter” status in battle history
  • Fixed an issue where some AI Mechanized Infantry troops in Special Operations would appear invisible to the player

More things get dakka now, okay... Useful for clearing out cars and other destructible terrain props I guess.

I wonder what will the patch break, for every fix something has to break in order to maintain the balance.

Spoiler

Important: Commanders, due to the existing lag issues and based on your feedback, we have decided to postpone the Battle Path until they are fixed. The announced maintenance will take place tomorrow, but the Battle Path will only launch after the improvement of the situation (hopefully this week).

Source: Discord announcement

A better decision for now given the current situation. I hope they will fix the vision / smoke issues before launching, but one can only hope.

aMcZOFg.png

I believe that's more or less the intent, to sort the mess from the recent patch before launch. Have to see how it goes.

They added new changes to the patch notes.

• Fixed the issue that was causing the majority of Update 0.32 lags
  • Fixed the issue that led to incorrect spotting behavior (the “I am permanently spotted” issue caused by broken spotting rules for environmental objects such as bunkers)
  • Fixed an issue where AI infantry would sometimes not react to player vehicles

The announcement on Battle Path delay is now on the webpage as well.

aMcZOFg.png

In one way this is upsetting to me because I have been wanting the Type 10 since I found out it was going to come out and the Hunter as a dessert.

In another way it is a good thing for me so I can try out a new game I got and I can take a break from AW for about a week to 6 months, or however long it'll take to fix it.....

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

Personally, I'm *entirely* in favor of fixing the humongous existing problems here from the last patch, particularly the stuff that won't let a Steam user even log in, before adding even *more* potential complications to the issue.  

BP getting delayed is honestly the best move they could have made, in the short term at least. Imagine trying to attract players with a major event while also presenting them with glaring issues.

Spoiler

Yeah, especially since we all know the BP will have issues of its own that will have to be ironed out, and stacking those on top of the existing major ones would be really a bad idea.

*raises hand to ask a question

Isn't there a place to test this stuff?  Like a "test" server?  You know, somewhere that changes like this patch can be tried out?  I know that the public test server hasn't been updated in a while.

Wait?  Isn't there one that only a specific group of people have of a specific geographic location  or country have access to?  If so how come this stuff wasn't caught until it went to the live server?

Why yes there is, if they are even still playing AW there.  By which I mean the Chinese server, thou I don't think it should be counted as some testing ground as they are not playing the same game we are, content wise.

The PTS wasn't really much help, mostly because it never had anything like the number of users the main server does.  It'll occasionally be used, but for the most part it gave no useful data.

So the lag and spotting fixes got yoinked from the notes.

Great start. :boredseal:

Spoiler

So what did the Hotfix "fix" actually?

Bunkers permaspotting are still a thing.

ATGM's and softkills are too.

Spotting the same shit( stuff like getting spotted from the ac130 from the other side of the map).

And on top of that they murder my poor hellfire boy increasing the reload within launcher.

7 hours ago, TekNicTerror said:

Why yes there is, if they are even still playing AW there.  By which I mean the Chinese server, thou I don't think it should be counted as some testing ground as they are not playing the same game we are, content wise.

My comment with meant to be sarcastic in nature.  It is something that bothers me about some of the "testing" that goes on, or in this case doesn't.  My friend made the comment that there is going to be something screwed up with the patch when it goes live.  I think even someone mentioned that to SS on Discord that this was a bad idea.

Trying to fix the spotting mechanic in any game is quite a feat if you can accomplish it in the first pass.  Not floating it on a test server to trial it through what all of us would put it through is just bad form and poor work by the QA department.

6 hours ago, Komitadjie said:

The PTS wasn't really much help, mostly because it never had anything like the number of users the main server does.  It'll occasionally be used, but for the most part it gave no useful data.

That goes back to the questions about the server population over the years.  They claim it is "healthy".  Really?  If the server population is healthy, then make some sort of incentive for us to go visit the test server so they can sort stuff out instead of pulling their data from a live server.  I'd go over if there was some sort of incentive or actual communication with the dev team during the server test so they can get their data right or an actual feedback loop to make it actually work.