Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Freebie codes (from Reddit)

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/j4ovel/just_a_little_something/

genuinely no idea if any of these will work

cheiftan mk6 and a day of premium - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kku-XUiwdPt7Qetm72w2PqyOlXLnY_XZ/view?usp=sharing

some sort of package of money and tanks - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmGlA1fxgfAfc959MCkgFzcPYHunepEU/view?usp=sharing

things to know:

i will not be answering questions or providing any follow up or help

the docs are unlocked so anyone can edit them, if you mess them up that's on you

my.com will likely not support these codes, so don't put in tickets if they don't work

it's possible they've all been used or are expired

Can confirm codes from both lists work. There are over 900 codes on each list, if you're unlucky enough to nab a used code just try another one.

16CJ0lN.jpg

Backup read-only copy of the two lists in case they go poof or vandalized, since the originals weren't protected:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ZV0PzjsLDwvv7VgXeHtBINZiRvXwEPP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0EY6ciKon2EjmK5TIKUAZ8kNDFAeH-q/view?usp=sharing

Edit: code can be redeemed at your profile page on the AW webpage (log in first): https://aw.my.games/en/user

Edited by Haswell (see edit history)
  • Upvote 4

Spoiler

To confirm, I went down the list line by line until a code from each worked.  I think I got to around code 10 on each

I used 4CLN3MVZD1U7ICW6A288 for the Chieftain code and T1CLNARRYAZDZSPSSKNAN for the Tier 6 codes, got the Chieftain, will post more pics once I receive the stuff

Hvdwicz.jpg

EDIT:

BGxLJm3.jpg

eQxXjDw.jpg

I've had the T-62 Vet for ages, so that's probably why I didn't get it. Not sure if my gold balance has ticked up as a result.

Edited by Krieger22 (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Silentstalker said:

Well, this looks like a lot of stuff. We may be forced to remove these items for players.

Or...let us keep them as long term players who still stick with the game? :)

So I guess the real question is, given the amounts of codes that were not given out by streamers/YouTubers.etc...

...how high exactly were expectations for players drawn in by code giveaways?

8 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

Well, this looks like a lot of stuff. We may be forced to remove these items for players.

:riotk:

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Azdule said:

Or...let us keep them as long term players who still stick with the game? :)

We'll see. But yikes that's a lot of stuff. Not ideal.

not only players got smacked in the face by the rebalance because it made every mbt the same and added chip damage, but you want to remove the stuff from the codes? the players wont stick to the game for much if they keep getting slapped, but not like they got redeemed by 1k people lmao. anyway i understand the reason of this decision so i wont complain. we just need to delete the post no? ahahahah

1 minute ago, Silentstalker said:

I mean, it's two premium tanks that I already owned, some gold (not massive amounts and gold is relatively redundant now) and credits.  The tanks aren't great so it's not a massive loss?

And there have been cases where things have been given out on accident before and left for players to keep - I want to say something that happened recently, extra gold?  Was given out, players could abuse it or not.  Those that did, got to keep what they got.  

Just saying the above as a precedent has been set on things like this..

Forgot to mention, you don't get compensation from the codes for vehicles you already owned, so people who already had the Chief 6 or 62 Vet or WZ don't get anything extra.

It's just some prem time, 1k gold and 1mil credits. I don't think this is worth rolling back accounts, but disabling the codes are entirely in their purview.

goes back to helping people farm credits in heroics

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

A great compensation for the 0.33 fuckup :trollseal:

Understandable that this is not ideal. Either remove stuff from the players and make them angry or let it be. Loose/Loose situation methinks.

Quite sure these prems are not really the backbone of the sales (Doubt there's anyone who would buy those vehicles volunatrily :snrk:). 

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

30 prem days and 1k gold is not that much, plus the tanks... I didnt have the WZ and probably everyone will say its a bad tank. I only use low tiers when I play with friends wich are low players.

49 minutes ago, TeyKey1 said:

A great compensation for the 0.33 fuckup :trollseal:

I didn't want to push the drive to remove items from players but I think I will after this comment :)

2 minutes ago, Hellcat said:

30 prem days and 1k gold is not that much, plus the tanks... I didnt have the WZ and probably everyone will say its a bad tank. I only use low tiers when I play with friends wich are low players.

I think that opinions such as this are a part of the problem actually. In reality this is some pretty expensive stuff.

Either way, codes are now disabled.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

I didn't want to push the drive to remove items from players but I think I will after this comment :)

I think that opinions such as this are a part of the problem actually. In reality this is some pretty expensive stuff.

Only that the "price" is just an arbitrary number someone farted out, and deemed acceptable. The Price shouldn't be that different in production for a T3 tank, and a T10 tank. Just the dreamt up pricetag changes

Just now, darkrai said:

Only that the "price" is just an arbitrary number someone farted out, and deemed acceptable. The Price shouldn't be that different in production for a T3 tank, and a T10 tank. Just the dreamt up pricetag changes

Welcome to economy 101 :) And then people wonder where all the marxists who claim that prices should defined by labor used in the creation of the product come from.

Edited by Silentstalker (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

Sorry I know but I measured its value based on how the community sees it. You can put a new T6 vehicle for 1000€ but if the vehicle is not really worth it as a content and falls in to the oblivion forgotten you can call it expensive but community will not value it in the same way, and lets be honest, the prices are high compared to other games, I know is a expensive stuff based on the dev work but in the end ppl will buy vehicles that are "worth it" not those that have lots of hours in dev work.

Just now, Hellcat said:

Sorry I know but I measured its value based on how the community sees it. You can put a new T6 vehicle for 1000€ but if the vehicle is not really worth it as a content and falls in to the oblivion forgotten you can call it expensive but community will not value it in the same way, and lets be honest, the prices are high compared to other games, I know is a expensive stuff based on the dev work but in the end ppl will buy vehicles that are "worth it" not those that have lots of hours in dev work.

You measured the value on how this particular sub-set of the community sees it. For a old veteran of 5 years who's been with us through Balance 2.0, it's boring. For a new player? Oh boy. New players may try finding AW's Reddit and the lists came from there.

What bothers me more though is that the list is in our My.com format, including bundle names. This is internal stuff. As a pre-caution, we may have to disable every single older bonus code, including the Alienware ones. Who knows what sort of stuff's flying out there. Would be a shame (players often recommend these as "invite codes"), but this could be really dangerous to us.

47 minutes ago, Silentstalker said:

You measured the value on how this particular sub-set of the community sees it. For a old veteran of 5 years who's been with us through Balance 2.0, it's boring. For a new player? Oh boy. New players may try finding AW's Reddit and the lists came from there.

What bothers me more though is that the list is in our My.com format, including bundle names. This is internal stuff. As a pre-caution, we may have to disable every single older bonus code, including the Alienware ones. Who knows what sort of stuff's flying out there. Would be a shame (players often recommend these as "invite codes"), but this could be really dangerous to us.

Oh that sucks & is worrying.  I thought this was just a streamer list that was given out and was old.  A quick questions related to Alienware stuff, there used to be a Fox skin for them (or Razer) that I had, but one update it disappeared.  Does that ring any bells with anyone?  It was bright green

38 minutes ago, Azdule said:

Oh that sucks & is worrying.  I thought this was just a streamer list that was given out and was old.  A quick questions related to Alienware stuff, there used to be a Fox skin for them (or Razer) that I had, but one update it disappeared.  Does that ring any bells with anyone?  It was bright green

You mean this one? This was not really a skin, rather a separate Sabre vehicle made for an intended cooperation with Razer back in 2016 or so. Since the cooperation never happened, the vehicle was scrapped and removed (we aren't authorized to use Razer's logos ofc)

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Azdule said:

And there have been cases where things have been given out on accident before and left for players to keep - I want to say something that happened recently, extra gold?  Was given out, players could abuse it or not.  Those that did, got to keep what they got.  

And those of us who didn't abuse it, who listened to the instructions from AW, got nothing for their honesty.  Same goes for redeeming codes of uncertain provenance.

Could we at least have a "good citizen" decal or something??

Sigh, QR

I think some perspective would be nice right now.

VVHAy4T.png

The clan code gave everybody 1k gold and 30d prem time, that's essentially 14 euros worth of free stuff. Even though old and experienced players will scoff at them for being mostly worthless in practice (and rightly so) and likely won't be purchasing them anyway, newer players may see them worthy enough to shell out real money for. I'd love to debate the actual value of in-game content, but that's a topic for another thread.

There are nearly 1000 codes that gave out content worth at least 14 euros, let's be generous and say 50% of players who claimed the codes might have bought them with real money had they not received them for free. That is at least 7000 euros lost in potential sales. Make no mistake, the game and company wants your money more than wanting to be your friend.

While I don't agree with the practice of drying up freebies for players, disabling the codes is in fact in the company's best interest to preserve their monetization strategies and profits. SS works for the company, it's his job to respond to this potential sale loss in the best interest of the company. I don't expect anything less from any employee loyal to their company, especially when they are just doing their job. If nothing else, the concern that the codes may be internal leaks alone is enough justification to disable them.

It's fun while it lasted, congrats to those who snagged the codes in time.

:angelseal:

• Upvote 2

Spoiler