Lenticulas

Player viewpoint instantly rotates 90 degrees, while driving, zoomed out

Game Version:  (20/05/2020)

Brief Description: Player viewpoint instantly rotates 90 degrees, while driving wheeled vehicle, zoomed out

Steps to Reproduce:
Get small wheeled vehicle, i did it in a Kornet EM, although I have had it happen in a Crab, and also in on the West of GhostField.
Play glops on Waterway, drive around. I has happened at random times, but mostly driving at high speed through the bushes at G1.
I have only noticed it happening in small fast vehicles, in glops, and not in PvE. I have no idea about pvp

Result:
Randomly in the match, my viewpoint rotates 90 degrees, while I am driving.
One second my viewpoint is from behind the vehicle looking forward over it, the next second my viewpoint is suddenly from right of the vehicle looking at its right-hand side, while the vehicles is still driving in the original direction. Only the camera moves.
I then swing the camera back behind the vehicle, and it happens again.
It is very disturbing.
It never happened when zoomed in, in sniper mode.
Note: the camera does not *rotate* through 90 degrees, it is instantly changed.

Expected Behavior: The Camera remains where I control it.

Fixes/Workarounds: None. Possibly sea-sickness pills, might help.

Other Notes: I think this is going to give me some sort of epileptic seizure if it continues, the effect does not show up in the replay

switches instantly from this: pic a,  to ,this: pic b, while I am driving

frombehind.jpg

fromtheside.jpg

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."

I never had this issue, Windows 7 64 bit here, but I noticed that with small wheeled vehicles mainly, but I would say not only with them, I have other issues, similar to the ones we have when a high ping is there, even if the shown ping is pretty good.

My internet connection is far from prefect, but it is the only one I can use in my particular situation, so some times I have ping problems that are on my side, but it happened only some evenings, with high shown ping value, but after the last patch it is almost always present and even if the shown ping is pretty decent, between 35 and 50 ms.

For me it is not a repentine change of the view angle, but more a delayed response of the video to my commands, that makes very difficult to move wheeled vehicles in a fine way, so i drive against obstacles when relocating an often when I want to pop out from cover to fire I find myself many meters out of the cover with plenty of time for other players/bots to fire at me.

As we use different OS it can be, or can be not, due to the same bug/issue that cause your behavior, as it seems to be a problem due to the video response, not to a general delay in the connection, i can fire or move without delay, only the feedback I have on the screen is delayed as far as I can understand, so I write it here.  

I had this issue too randomly while playing glops after respawning, but not just on wheeled tanks, had this exact issue on the CATTB a couple days ago, no idea what it causes it.

But on the kornet is extremely annoying, it messes with your missile targeting.

18 hours ago, JCPershing said:

I had this issue too randomly while playing glops after respawning

Ahh good so it's not just me, & actually mine was after respawning as well ... (?!?!)

On 5/31/2020 at 10:16 PM, BumbaX said:

For me it is not a repentine change of the view angle, but more a delayed response of the video to my commands

I think i got that too sometimes, rotating the camera and looking at all the tanks for the first time , the framerate stalls, as all the tank textures are loaded up, i guess,

Edited by Lenticulas (see edit history)

"Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth."