darkrai

How to get the game models into Blender

First of, this is written to get vehicles, but, when you modify the file type, can be used on all models files of Armored Warfare.

The unpacking part should be clear, just, that instead of "just" the one textures file, you need way more (resources.pak number 6-10,15-22,24-40 all contain vehicles for example, and then you dont have the textures. at all. so no normal maps or anything, just the encrypted models). After unpacking, you take this tool from the Link and combining it with a .bat file that contains 

cgf-converter.exe *.cgf
cgf-converter.exe *.chr
cgf-converter.exe *.cga

and then you execute that bat file, after which you can find all the unlocked dae files in their respective folders, and these you can just import into for example blender

For the textures, you need the attached files from the archive to stitch them back together, then you have "normal" dds files, but older versions of paint.net may not open them.

<More on texturing here, once i figured that out for sure>

AW Rip Tools.zip

Edited by darkrai (see edit history)
  • Upvote 3

You can also use the Noesis program (easily found in Google). It can be exported in the required formats, and it also has a previewing function. And in order to open the .cga to it, you just need to rename them to .cgf, and Noesis will open this file without any problems

Hello. I opened 3D-model in Blender, ok. How to display textures? I united dds files and changed some of them, but neither my dds files nor the original files can be displayed on the model. I tried to use the buttons "Link" or "Append" according to the advices in Internet, but Blender reports an error. Please, help me.

Edited by cherry_yogurt (see edit history)