Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

May 26 Q&A (from Discord)

Isolated out the bits that I found interesting or important, there were more "no plans for..." statements than anything concrete.

• There will be new PvE and PvP maps, and commanders in the future
  • Tentative 2020 roadmap is a new season around September, and another BP at the end of the year
  • No plans to overhaul existing maps
  • Overall state of the game is "stable"
  • Bases mechanic is currently being reevaluated and may return
  • No plans for more heroic missions
  • No plans to enable the Lootdog-esque trading system for not-RU
  • Modding is current permitted under "common sense"
  • No plans to add mortar vehicles (ie. 2S9 Nona)

Raw dump:

Spoiler

12:51 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:
@here Commanders! Since we were supposed to have a stream today and I promised to answer some questions - feel free to ask here. Rules are simple:

- Only questions, please, no discussions
- Slow mode is on, so it's one question per 5 minutes, make them count
[
12:52 AM
]
IvoDS
:
#QA Are we going to get new maps for pve and pvp?
[
]
Wulfalier
:
Why they have choose 40t version for Type 10?And not 44t or 48t full load?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

#QA Are we going to get new maps for pve and pvp?

@IvoDS Yes. Both PvE missions and PvP.
[
]
jeff2146
:
why is the type 10, a much requested mbt locked behind a paywal
[
]
Marcus
:
So when are you going to fix the AI so they aren't scummy cheats, prefiring every corner and hill with near perfect accuracy?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Why they have choose 40t version for Type 10?And not 44t or 48t full load?

@Wulfalier The version should be the 44t one
[
]
Snake27
:
Hi i just want to know when we can expect marketing for the game or other type of thing to regain player ?
[
]
Kraft73
:
Hello, new Maps for Global Ops this year?
[
]
Victastian Blimm
:
What is the current situation of Armored Warfare? Can we expect more content in the future, or will the game start slowing down on updates?
[
12:53 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

So when are you going to fix the AI so they aren't scummy cheats, prefiring every corner and hill with near perfect accuracy?

@Marcus AI always cheats. That is the nature of AI. But, we are working on an overhaul of AI behavior. Or at least their aiming habits.
[
]
Qbicle
:
Hi. Any specific reasons as to why there will be no new commander for upcoming BP?
[
]
[HYPE]Quori
:
Will you introduce any more extensive battalion modes?
[
12:54 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Hi i just want to know when we can expect marketing for the game or other type of thing to regain player ?

@Snake27 Depends on what you actually expect. The population is stabilized thanks to ongoing promo efforts, that's a state we are happy with.
[
]
[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf
:
When are we getting the promised Czech translation of the game ?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will you introduce any more extensive battalion modes?

@[HYPE]Quori Not for the near future.
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will we be getting anymore PvE maps and missions, now and in the future? Will we get any input on these New maps if they do get created?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

When are we getting the promised Czech translation of the game ?

@[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf Nobody promised one.
[
]
[MD1st] IWI_Negev
:
Are there any plans to improve the game's soundtrack in different ways, like engine sounds, gun fire sounds as well as music?
[
]
Aurora
:
Is there any news about the Abbot VE issue that happened on myloot a few weeks ago?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Hello, new Maps for Global Ops this year?

@Kraft73 No
[
]
lewisdawson1
:
Do you have any plans to introduce the Challenger 2 Black Night or an Advanced Challenger 2?
[
]
Fírnen
:
Anything you can tell us about Swedish vehicles except that they are possible in the future?
[
12:55 AM
]
KineticRhyme
:
Any more artillery vehicles planned in the immediate future?
[
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
will there be an document/curve/function about the degradation of the NERA blocks of the hunter AFV and the type 10 MBT? (we know that they will, at some point, be degraded and offer less/no protection, but we do not know exactly the mechanic around it)
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What is the current situation of Armored Warfare? Can we expect more content in the future, or will the game start slowing down on updates?

@Victastian Blimm The situation is stable. For the rest of the year we are planning to run one more Battle Path after Enigma's Legacy and launch a new season.
[
]
Dizzy
:
Any plans for HD models for tanks and maps?
[
]
Akongua
:
When AW perm bann all hackers ....
[
12:56 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will there be an document/curve/function about the degradation of the NERA blocks of the hunter AFV and the type 10 MBT? (we know that they will, at some point, be degraded and offer less/no protection, but we do not know exactly the mechanic around it)

@devon3/glorious_leader It's not really a smooth curve - there are four (I think) states of NERA with less and less protection, indicated by its appearance. The final state is completely destroyed.
[
12:56 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

When AW perm bann all hackers ....

@Akongua If you have a suspicion of bad behavior, open a support ticket
[
12:57 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plans for HD models for tanks and maps?

@Dizzy New tanks look great already and we are slowly overhauling the old ones to look good as well. 0.31 brought a significant visual upgrade to the game, so at the moment, we are satisfied with the way things are.
[
]
jeff2146
:
(you skipped me last time so here is it again and pls don't skip me again) why is the type 10, a much requested mbt locked behind a paywall
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any more artillery vehicles planned in the immediate future?

@KineticRhyme IIRC one planned for 2020
[
]
Snake27
:
i reframe my question we can expect more player in futur for maybe shorter searching or its not in the plan ?
[
]
Kraft73
:
How many Dev`s are working at AW?
[
]
Füchsin Pfeffer
:
I've been away for a bit but; is the Type 90 expected to still stay as a premium, or  will it and other JSDF MBTs become line vehicles?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Anything you can tell us about Swedish vehicles except that they are possible in the future?

@Fírnen No, not at the moment. Nothing is stone yet.
[
12:58 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

How many Dev`s are working at AW?

@Kraft73 About 30 I think, although I am not sure of the real number.
[
12:58 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I've been away for a bit but; is the Type 90 expected to still stay as a premium, or  will it and other JSDF MBTs become line vehicles?

@Füchsin Pfeffer Yes, of course. Removing a premium MBT players paid for would be a SERIOUS problem.
[
12:59 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

i reframe my question we can expect more player in futur for maybe shorter searching or its not in the plan ?

@Snake27 I'd expect things to remain the same as they are now. Improvements are possible, but not by orders of magnitude.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Will next season's vehicles be released with a new dealer or existing dealer?
[
]
Yeti
:
Will the story continues from the SH ch.4 along with new SpecOps?
[
]
stang3110
:
Is the addition of more AA vehicles (i.e. Gepard, Shilka, Tunguska) planned?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

(you skipped me last time so here is it again and pls don't skip me again) why is the type 10, a much requested mbt locked behind a paywall

@jeff2146 Because it's an attractive tank and we need attractive tanks for Battle Path. Besides, BP is basically free if you are an active player since it is offered for Gold and we give out free gold every week.
[
]
serb man
:
after t-72b remodel, what other older tanks will be receiving newer/revamped models?
[
1:00 AM
]
[HYPE]Quori
:
When can we expect rebalancing of levels 9-10? (For a long time, playing at these levels in PvP mode is hopeless.)
[
]
[MD1st] IWI_Negev
:
I'll ask again. Are there any plans to improve the game's soundtrack in different ways, like engine sounds, gun fire sounds as well as music?
[
]
[IINAD]darkrai666
:
is there any chance that the wiesel can get its ac back?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will next season's vehicles be released with a new dealer or existing dealer?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Unknown yet. We don't have a list beyond the next BP.
[
]
Darius
:
Is it possible to have a progression tree added for the T14 Armata 152?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

after t-72b remodel, what other older tanks will be receiving newer/revamped models?

@serb man Yes, we are planning Abrams remodels.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Do you have any plans to introduce the Challenger 2 Black Night or an Advanced Challenger 2?

@lewisdawson1 Not planned currently.
[
]
KineticRhyme
:
Are there more North Korean tanks planned or is the SeonGun the only one that will be made in the game?
[
1:01 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will the story continues from the SH ch.4 along with new SpecOps?

@Yeti That's currently in debate. We'll be trying something new. That whole Enigma thing... meh.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are there more North Korean tanks planned or is the SeonGun the only one that will be made in the game?

@KineticRhyme Possible, not guaranteed.
[
]
Qbicle
:
Since there's no new commander for Enigma Legacy BP, are there new commanders coming in the near future?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

is there any chance that the wiesel can get its ac back?

@[IINAD]darkrai666 It's something we are looking into. Will make a note and will bring it up with the devs.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Since there's no new commander for Enigma Legacy BP, are there new commanders coming in the near future?

@Qbicle Not in the near one, but yes, there will be future commanders.
[
]
REMF
:
"That whole Enigma thing... meh." Thank you!
[
1:02 AM
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will we be getting anymore PvE maps and missions, now and in the future? Will we get any input on these New maps if they do get created?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is it possible to have a progression tree added for the T14 Armata 152?

@Darius No... why?
[
]
lewisdawson1
:
What is your general roadmap for 2020 for the game?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@B1itzdevil Input on maps? Not sure what you mean. But yes, the developers are working on more PvE maps.
[
]
Rhamnus
:
Will we see some Swedish vehicles like the STRV103 and CV90?
[
]
Eiren233
:
How can we get mor crates of T14 152?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What is your general roadmap for 2020 for the game?

@lewisdawson1 New season around September, another BP around the end of the year. Not sure if I can share many details.
[
]
Kraft73
:
Better and new Map Grafics for the future?
[
1:03 AM
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
do the dev/project-head think about replacing 15V15 PVP matches by 5V5 pvp matches? (5V5 would have a lot of pros compared to 15v15, both in term of waiting queue, server ressources, and gameplay within the match)
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

How can we get mor crates of T14 152?

@Eiren233 In web shop, when it is avaialble.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Better and new Map Grafics for the future?

@Kraft73 We are working on general visual updates, but specific map overhauls are not planned.
[
]
Snake27
:
new PVE or PVP game mode are on the work ?
[
1:04 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

do the dev/project-head think about replacing 15V15 PVP matches by 5V5 pvp matches? (5V5 would have a lot of pros compared to 15v15, both in term of waiting queue, server ressources, and gameplay within the match)

@devon3/glorious_leader No. 5v5 take more resources than 15v15 and such matches (also known as skirmishes, we used to have those) turned out to be very unpopular and poorly balanced. AW isn't built that way.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
With the conclusion of Magnus's storyline and it's spec ops campaigns, can the current BSI Heroic mode be shifted to other spec ops campaigns?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

new PVE or PVP game mode are on the work ?

@Snake27 Sort of. I can't share PvE details just yet. New PvP modes aren't, to my knowledge, currently planned.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With the conclusion of Magnus's storyline and it's spec ops campaigns, can the current BSI Heroic mode be shifted to other spec ops campaigns?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] I'll make a note and ask
[
]
Bob Magilica
:
Infantry reworks have been mentioned before iirc. Will new infantry types beyond the 3 we currently have be introduced? On a related note, can we get some more details on the infantry reworks/changes?
[
1:05 AM
]
NoHomeLike192.168.8.1
:
Any plans to improve the Armor Calculator with features such as splash penetration or expected average damage?
[
1:05 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Infantry reworks have been mentioned before iirc. Will new infantry types beyond the 3 we currently have be introduced? On a related note, can we get some more details on the infantry reworks/changes?

@Bob Magilica Sure. So, in Update 0.32, we'll first have the following items:

-    Commander Viktor Kirsanov received several skills improving overall Mechanized Infantry performance and a free skill reset
-    Improved pathfinding algorithm (infantry no longer deploys into environmental objects and gets stuck)
-    Mechanized Infantry is now invulnerable when exiting a vehicle
-    Improved aiming algorithm
-    Improved HE shell performance against infantry (increased the blast wave radius)
-    Fixed various assorted bugs

Secondly, we are working on allowing you to command your infantry to move or attack specific targets. But this is not coming very soon, more like near the next season.
[
1:06 AM
]
Tank Whatever-it-was
:
No... why?

@SilentstalkerFTR You couldn't use it, or other dealer-less vehicles, for dealer-specific missions in Last Patriot or the Raid.
[
]
xehlox
:
Why infantry skills on mbt commander ?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plans to improve the Armor Calculator with features such as splash penetration or expected average damage?

@NoHomeLike192.168.8.1 No. We don't believe there's any need to complicate it further. Such features are useful for the hard core of veterans, but make it confusing for newbies.
[
]
stang3110
:
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

No... why?

@SilentstalkerFTR You couldn't use it, or other dealer-less vehicles, for dealer-specific missions in Last Patriot or the Raid.

@Tank Whatever-it-was Ah like that. Unfortunately that is intended.
[
1:07 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Why infantry skills on mbt commander ?

@xehlox Because it's a poor commander overall and we wanted to give him some purpose.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@stang3110 Yes
[
]
[MD1st] IWI_Negev
:
Are there any plans to improve the game's soundtrack in different ways, like engine sounds, gun fire sounds as well as music?
[
]
di_duncan
:
With the relatively recent "buff" to Chinese MBTs, has there been a improvement/deterioration with regards to its server-wide statistics (player numbers, damage dealt, winrate, etc.)?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will we see some Swedish vehicles like the STRV103 and CV90?

@Rhamnus Maybe, not sure at the moment. Not this year.
[
]
Hikari Sakai
:
@SilentstalkerFTR will you add the Type 90 as a premium tank to the Francine dealer? (For Gold currency that is)
[
]
[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf
:
Is it possible that in future you fix those destroyed buses in 4th chapter of heroics ?
It was said to be fixed in one of the updates but it is still same problem.
Also in the Spirithaven spec ops, the voice of Magnus, is it possible that in future we get back the old Magnus or will it stay that way ?
[
]
Brit-Crusader / Dave
:
@SilentstalkerFTR   more maps in all game modes are needed  ... at least 3 per mode before XMAS ?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@[MD1st] IWI_Negev 0.32 has improved explosion sounds actually. So yes, we are gradually making things better. Music is fine.
[
1:08 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With the relatively recent "buff" to Chinese MBTs, has there been a improvement/deterioration with regards to its server-wide statistics (player numbers, damage dealt, winrate, etc.)?

@di_duncan It improved things for them. Not by much though.
[
]
Kraft73
:
Is AW from Russian Federation or from Belarus?
[
]
야채호빵(samuelchoi)
:
Will abrams model be fixed in 0.32 or later?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@SilentstalkerFTR will you add the Type 90 as a premium tank to the Francine dealer? (For Gold currency that is)

@Hikari Sakai No
[
]
Victastian Blimm
:
You said that Armoured Warfare state is stable. Does this mean, or I assume, that we reached our top number of players, and new players coming in will slow down? How will this affect the future development of the game? With less players coming in, I expect less content, which would cause more active players to leave.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@SilentstalkerFTR   more maps in all game modes are needed  ... at least 3 per mode before XMAS ?

@Brit-Crusader / Dave No. That is too much. Maps are incredibly costly to produce, making one from scratch costs half a year of work for example.
[
1:09 AM
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
is there any plan to finish the T-64/80 MBT line within the shishkin tree? there are multiple vehicles that could do the job at finishing it (such as T-64-bulat, T-64-"rex" , objekt-292, BTMP-84)
[
]
Füchsin Pfeffer
:
Regarding Premium Tanks with skins pre-attached (for example, BMP-3 Joker or Terminator Saphire) will there ever be where we can unattach these camos?
[
]
The Big Bad
:
Is there any hope of a (visual) remodel for T-80B?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

You said that Armoured Warfare state is stable. Does this mean, or I assume, that we reached our top number of players, and new players coming in will slow down? How will this affect the future development of the game? With less players coming in, I expect less content, which would cause more active players to leave.

@Victastian Blimm Stable means things shouldn't change. There is some natural decay, but at the same time, we are advertising the game and working with youtubers and streamers to promote it, so that makes up for the difference.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

is there any plan to finish the T-64/80 MBT line within the shishkin tree? there are multiple vehicles that could do the job at finishing it (such as T-64-bulat, T-64-"rex" , objekt-292, BTMP-84)

@devon3/glorious_leader No.
[
]
Qbicle
:
Is it true that new progression lines will become much less frequent from now on?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Regarding Premium Tanks with skins pre-attached (for example, BMP-3 Joker or Terminator Saphire) will there ever be where we can unattach these camos?

@Füchsin Pfeffer The current state is unfortunately final.
[
1:10 AM
]
Snake27
:
more auxilary weapon like 20mm on the roof for armata or 12,7mm on abrams ?
[
]
Doktor Plama
:
Will we get a new way to customize our vehicles? Something else than camo, decals and flags?
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will we see the finalization of the Soviet T-80 in AW's future, filling in the tier 8 and 9 slots but still ending in t-14 Armata?
[
]
TimMardon
:
Why do you get such pathetic items in Platinum crates?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is it true that new progression lines will become much less frequent from now on?

@Qbicle We haven't decided yet. It's a hotly debated topic because on one hand, new progression vehicles draw in players, but on the other hand, they are incredibly costly to produce considering new players have plenty of vehicles to choose from already and old players unlock them the second they become available because of the compensation choices made in the past.
[
1:11 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will we get a new way to customize our vehicles? Something else than camo, decals and flags?

@Doktor Plama Not currently planned.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Any plans to introduce Namer HIFV as a counterpart to the T-15? In addition, if NERA mechanics turns out to be successful, is it expected that the NERA feature will be implemented on existing vehicles in the game that technically has NERA?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

more auxilary weapon like 20mm on the roof for armata or 12,7mm on abrams ?

@Snake27 Not currently planned.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Why do you get such pathetic items in Platinum crates?

@TimMardon Do you tho?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plans to introduce Namer HIFV as a counterpart to the T-15? In addition, if NERA mechanics turns out to be successful, is it expected that the NERA feature will be implemented on existing vehicles in the game that technically has NERA?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] It's quite possible for the future, but not in 2020
[
1:12 AM
]
[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf
:
Will we ever get back old crate system ?
[
1:13 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will we ever get back old crate system ?

@[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf No.
[
]
TeyKey1
:

and old players unlock them the second they become available because of the compensation choices made in the past.

Now I'm curious. Were those compensations considered a mistake retrospectively
[
]
야채호빵(samuelchoi)
:
Will T-80U get remodeled and will abrams' model be fixed?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Now I'm curious. Were those compensations considered a mistake retrospectively

@TeyKey1 That's a very complicated question. In the context of the circumstances back then, they were probably correct.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will T-80U get remodeled and will abrams' model be fixed?

@야채호빵(samuelchoi) Yes, in Update 0.33 we will be introducing the Abrams fixes.
[
]
Kraft73
:
What is the next big thing at AW?
[
1:14 AM
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
any plan to add new MBTs from low-budget armies in a potential next battlepath?  [ there could be, for exemple, the iranian al-zarrar, the syrian T-72-mahmia, the indian arjun, the south-african olifant MK2B, the romanian TR-85, the ukranian T-55AGM ]
[
1:15 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What is the next big thing at AW?

@Kraft73 Enigma's Legacy :slight_smile: Ok, I know you didn't want to hear that. But for the rest of the year, we'll take it a bit easier, will fix a lot of stuff, rebalance old tanks in Update 0.33 and so on. Our nearest aim is to make the game fun to play in its current state. After a few months, we'll be able to tell you more about bigger features.
[
]
Bob Magilica
:
With the introduction of the Pindad, the arcing of rockets is clearly possible. Are there any plans to introduce rocket based artillery?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

any plan to add new MBTs from low-budget armies in a potential next battlepath?  [ there could be, for exemple, the iranian al-zarrar, the syrian T-72-mahmia, the indian arjun, the south-african olifant MK2B, the romanian TR-85, the ukranian T-55AGM ]

@devon3/glorious_leader Sort of. But it's too early to talk about the next BP, at least for the next few months.
[
]
Doktor Plama
:
What happened to the plan to re-introduce base management? Scrapped or still in the works?
[
1:16 AM
]
NoHomeLike192.168.8.1
:
With the current tentative approval of modifying client files, are there any plans to introduce a modding API e.g. not needing to unpack the game to change textures?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What happened to the plan to re-introduce base management? Scrapped or still in the works?

@Doktor Plama Currently being reevaluated. It is a very complex and ambitious plan. Personally, I have my doubts that it's what you as players are looking for. We'll see.
[
]
Eiren233
:

@stang3110 Yes

@SilentstalkerFTR Will they be prem?
[
]
Noobdown
:
bring 0.32 the button for disable the dirt-system?
[
1:17 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With the introduction of the Pindad, the arcing of rockets is clearly possible. Are there any plans to introduce rocket based artillery?

@Bob Magilica Hard to say, but I wouldn't say the game needs more Pindads. We have other interesting machines planned for now.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

bring 0.32 the button for disable the dirt-system?

@Noobdown In battle, no. In garage, yes.
[
]
Atago
:
When will you guys make it so people can preview premiums they do not own ? Like previewing a k1a1 or any other premium or limited time vehicle that are not shown on the premium half of the tree
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With the current tentative approval of modifying client files, are there any plans to introduce a modding API e.g. not needing to unpack the game to change textures?

@NoHomeLike192.168.8.1 No. The "approval" is strictly passive and very, very cautious. So far, it hasn't backfired. So far.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Is it possible to give the T9 Hades special edition vehicles a x1.25 credit/xp multiplier like on the Obj 640? Too much effort required to collect parts to assemble a camo-ed T9 premium.
[
1:18 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

When will you guys make it so people can preview premiums they do not own ? Like previewing a k1a1 or any other premium or limited time vehicle that are not shown on the premium half of the tree

@Atago You can do that partially via tank encyclopedia.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is it possible to give the T9 Hades special edition vehicles a x1.25 credit/xp multiplier like on the Obj 640? Too much effort required to collect parts to assemble a camo-ed T9 premium.

@Moufo [+8 GMT] I don't think that's planned, but I can ask.
[
]
DO YOU KNOW DA WAE?
:
Is there any chance we can get  top attack shells for K2 or any improvements?
[
]
Kraft73
:
Is a "Kim Jong  Un - Avatar" and/or the North Korea flag planned?
[
1:19 AM
]
TheFox
:
When will you rehire Obsidian ?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is there any chance we can get  top attack shells for K2 or any improvements?

@DO YOU KNOW DA WAE? Not currently planned, to my knowledge.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is a "Kim Jong  Un - Avatar" and/or the North Korea flag planned?

@Kraft73 No.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

When will you rehire Obsidian ?

@TheFox Never :slight_smile: The AW Obsidian does not even exist anymore, most of the people who worked on AW are gone.
[
]
E404
:
Will there be a dealer and tech tree line for Japan?
[
1:20 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will there be a dealer and tech tree line for Japan?

@E404 Well, considering pretty much all Japanese MBTs are now premiums, I think you know the answer to that question.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:
And no, we aren't converting premiums to progression, ever.
[
]
야채호빵(samuelchoi)
:
Any plan for k-30 biho or K-9 thunder?
[
1:21 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plan for k-30 biho or K-9 thunder?

@야채호빵(samuelchoi) Not currently but it's completely possible they will appear in the game at a later date.
[
]
SomeGuy
:
Are there any plans about public SDK or statistics API?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are there any plans about public SDK or statistics API?

@SomeGuy I don't think so, that's a super niche thing. But I can ask.
[
1:22 AM
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
now that AW does posess functionnal infantry, is it planned to add ennemy infantry to some standard PVE matches in order to make thoose match feel like "new" (especially in maps containing buildings/houses: AT troops could be installed on the roof of the buildings/houses)
[
]
Eiren233
:

@stang3110 You said that they will be added into the game. Will they be premium or on normal dealers? And will teh Leopard 2RI be added? I do think it is a pretty interesting variant of the tank. @SilentstalkerFTR
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

now that AW does posess functionnal infantry, is it planned to add ennemy infantry to some standard PVE matches in order to make thoose match feel like "new" (especially in maps containing buildings/houses: AT troops could be installed on the roof of the buildings/houses)

@devon3/glorious_leader Hm. As far as I know, there was some thought about letting bots deploy infantry, but it was rejected because it was just cancer.
[
1:23 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@stang3110 You said that they will be added into the game. Will they be premium or on normal dealers? And will teh Leopard 2RI be added? I do think it is a pretty interesting variant of the tank. @SilentstalkerFTR

@Eiren233 Initially, one will be a premium. The rest, I do not know.
[
]
REMF
:
G'day mate, any chance of the Murica skin for the M1A1 AIM being made removable?
[
]
NoHomeLike192.168.8.1
:
Currently only artillery gets feedback when a blind shot hits and deals, and currently blind shells and projectiles from all other weapons do not disappear from view when hitting an unspotted enemy vehicle. Are there any plans to give the same such feedback (i.e. damage numbers) to least single-shot cannons and ATGMs?
[
]
Rhamnus
:
Are there any plans to add a reload system similar to the PLZ-05 to the PZH2000, the PZH2000 is capable of a 5-round MRSI
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

G'day mate, any chance of the Murica skin for the M1A1 AIM being made removable?

@REMF Sorry, not at the moment. I wanted an Australian skin for AIM for the ANZAC day but it was too late :frowning:
[
]
RavenDB
:
Will there be a "better" customizing options for decals/flags etc on tanks like the "other game" has?
[
1:24 AM
]
[NORGE] The_Viking69
:
Where is CV90 in ALODS plan for the future ?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Currently only artillery gets feedback when a blind shot hits and deals, and currently blind shells and projectiles from all other weapons do not disappear from view when hitting an unspotted enemy vehicle. Are there any plans to give the same such feedback (i.e. damage numbers) to least single-shot cannons and ATGMs?

@NoHomeLike192.168.8.1 That's something I have to pass on, not sure.
[
]
[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf
:
When will you fix those busses in the fourth chapter of heroics ?
[
]
TimMardon
:
Is the .50 on the Raybolt going to be improved?
[
1:25 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Where is CV90 in ALODS plan for the future ?

@[NORGE] The_Viking69 Nowhere, currently. We had plans for a Scandinavian line after the Americans but it was basically scrapped in favor of the Asian one because it was more interesting. CV90 is common, but... well, not that exciting. Same goes for the rest of the Swedes - the S Tank, which is cool, is low tier at best.
[
]
TheFox
:
So in PVE, bot who deploy infantry is cancer, but not in PVP with actual player ? Actually infantry is as cancer as arty
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is the .50 on the Raybolt going to be improved?

@TimMardon Not currently planned.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
With some of the T8 - 10 vehicles undergoing development and upgrades, if a significant upgraded version of it got unveiled   (example T-72B3 - T-72B3 mod 2016), how do the devs intend to address that issue?
[
]
(NA)ThePsychoCat
:
How Much are you guys looking to adding new Tanks coming out like the new US light MPF tanks as one example
[
1:26 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

So in PVE, bot who deploy infantry is cancer, but not in PVP with actual player ? Actually infantry is as cancer as arty

@TheFox Yes. Because players think bots "cheat" at the moment - imagine what would happen with stealthy infantry around.
[
]
Kraft73
:
New sexy and hot females vocies for the future?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

How Much are you guys looking to adding new Tanks coming out like the new US light tank MPF tanks as one example

@(NA)ThePsychoCat Not very. The American card was played in the American Dream, we are currently looking at other nations.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

New sexy and hot females vocies for the future?

@Kraft73 Dream on.
[
1:27 AM
]
Victastian Blimm
:
Currently, ammo changing skills, that decreases the loading time when changing shell type in battle, present as a loader skill and a few commanders, does not work correctly for arty when switching between smoke and WP, and, sometimes, only the loader or commander skill works. Will this be addressed in a future patch?
[
]
DO YOU KNOW DA WAE?
:
Any fix or improvements with terrain bug in near future?
ex)shaking scopes with dynamic suspension
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With some of the T8 - 10 vehicles undergoing development and upgrades, if a significant upgraded version of it got unveiled   (example T-72B3 - T-72B3 mod 2016), how do the devs intend to address that issue?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] We don't. It's simply not possible to overhaul existing tanks or models whenever a new upgrade becomes available IRL. Case in point, Sphinx or Griffin. By the time they got modeled, nobody had seen the MFP or the competitor to Sphinx, fogot its name.
[
]
serb man
:
are czech and slovak tanks planned for future? or are they considered extensions of already existing t-72 tree?
[
1:28 AM
]
🇩🇪 FriesenstahL
:
I know this question gets old, but will the AGDS get some love ? Could really use some more missiles or armor or both. :wink:
[
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
will AW's owner(s) plan to sell the "obsolete"/ "older" tank models (the tank-models that are not used anymore within the game because replaced by better looking ones)  (it could bring a bit of extra cash to the game while potentially helping some tank passionates about different stuff /project they might do)
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Currently, ammo changing skills, that decreases the loading time when changing shell type in battle, present as a loader skill and a few commanders, does not work correctly for arty when switching between smoke and WP, and, sometimes, only the loader or commander skill works. Will this be addressed in a future patch?

@Victastian Blimm Artillery WP and smoke rounds aren't technically ammo types, they are internally active abilities. Yeah I know, it's a mess. But the way it is now is basically intended.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

are czech and slovak tanks planned for future? or are they considered extensions of already existing t-72 tree?

@serb man Hopefully. I want T-72M4CZ for years now.
[
1:29 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will AW's owner(s) plan to sell the "obsolete"/ "older" tank models (the tank-models that are not used anymore within the game because replaced by better looking ones)  (it could bring a bit of extra cash to the game while potentially helping some tank passionates about different stuff /project they might do)

@devon3/glorious_leader Perhaps when the project closes? No idea. But to general public and now, no.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I know this question gets old, but will the AGDS get some love ? Could really use some more missiles or armor or both. :wink:

@🇩🇪 FriesenstahL We can check it out with the Abrams series.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any fix or improvements with terrain bug in near future?
    ex)shaking scopes with dynamic suspension

@DO YOU KNOW DA WAE? It's a known issue, that's all I can say about it.
[
1:30 AM
]
ArcLight
:
Any Yugoslav tanks planned? We got Degman as premium, but there are some others that could jump in M84-A4 Snajper, Vihor prototype etc.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any Yugoslav tanks planned? We got Degman as premium, but there are some others that could jump in M84-A4 Snajper, Vihor prototype etc.

@ArcLight Not this year. Next year - who knows? The vehicle plan is not set yet for 2021.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:

We don't. It's simply not possible to overhaul existing tanks or models whenever a new upgrade becomes available IRL. Case in point, Sphinx or Griffin. By the time they got modeled, nobody had seen the MFP or the competitor to Sphinx, fogot its name.

That's unfortunate :frowning:  Are the Obj 195 and BVP M80 permanently shelved?
[
]
i lewd k2 more than i should
:
Any hint of what we can expect for the next BP? Like theme?
[
1:31 AM
]
E404
:
Will there be more reserchable MBTs with ATGMs in each line? i love tanks with ATGMs as their weapons :heartpulse:
[
]
[IINAD]darkrai666
:
any chance of givin arty usable firing arcs, or even the possibility to change between a faster, but shallower trajectory, and a steeper, but overall slower trajectory?
[
]
Gassie
:
Any new tank lines after 0.33 for this year? Or is it just rebalancing?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

We don't. It's simply not possible to overhaul existing tanks or models whenever a new upgrade becomes available IRL. Case in point, Sphinx or Griffin. By the time they got modeled, nobody had seen the MFP or the competitor to Sphinx, fogot its name.

That's unfortunate :frowning:  Are the Obj 195 and BVP M80 permanently shelved?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Undecided. Object 195 probably isn't, but M80 - yea, might be.
[
]
Kraft73
:
Is the Shadow available in the futre at web shop?
[
]
Qbicle
:
Is powercreep a sizable concern for the devs at the moment? Currently some new vehicles seem much more viable than older and similar vehicles (e.g. C-13 TUA vs NM142)
[
]
IvoDS
:
Can we get some soldiers squads in the pve maps? Why? Because we have missions to kill some and in pve there aren't any, except in Spec ops, also because it would make the maps feel more alive. They don't need to be the same ATGM, mortars or snipers, new soldiers with weaker weapons will do, after all, the human soldiers in war are ALWAYS present!
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any hint of what we can expect for the next BP? Like theme?

@i lewd k2 more than i should No. Sorry, same goes for the next season. Deep in development.
[
]
[NORGE] The_Viking69
:
"CV90 is common, but... well, not that exciting" What about 130-140 km/h in the terrain.?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will there be more reserchable MBTs with ATGMs in each line? i love tanks with ATGMs as their weapons :heartpulse:

@E404 Don't we have enough of those :frowning:
[
1:32 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

"CV90 is common, but... well, not that exciting" What about 130-140 km/h in the terrain.?

@[NORGE] The_Viking69 Wiki says 70 km/h, that's average :slight_smile:
[
1:32 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Can we get some soldiers squads in the pve maps? Why? Because we have missions to kill some and in pve there aren't any, except in Spec ops, also because it would make the maps feel more alive. They don't need to be the same ATGM, mortars or snipers, new soldiers with weaker weapons will do, after all, the human soldiers in war are ALWAYS present!

@IvoDS We can consider that for future PvE missions.
[
1:33 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is powercreep a sizable concern for the devs at the moment? Currently some new vehicles seem much more viable than older and similar vehicles (e.g. C-13 TUA vs NM142)

@Qbicle Yes. We need to address that with a larger batch of balance changes. Not Balance 2.0 large tho, no worries.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is the Shadow available in the futre at web shop?

@Kraft73 No
[
]
Bareideru
:
Hi :slight_smile: There was talk of a crew skill system overhaul a few years ago, so is there any new development regarding that?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

any chance of givin arty usable firing arcs, or even the possibility to change between a faster, but shallower trajectory, and a steeper, but overall slower trajectory?

@[IINAD]darkrai666 Not planned for now.
[
]
Doktor Plama
:
Can we expect new infantry types, like ATGM troops, or will they be too cancer? Perhaps for PvE only?
[
]
Tank Whatever-it-was
:
Probably a waste of my 5 minute slowmode timer, but do you happen to know what premiums will be on sale in July?
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will the T-80U  get any form of Aps seeing that the t-80s were testbeds for systems like Shtora-1, Arena and Drozd Hard-Kill?
[
1:34 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Hi :slight_smile: There was talk of a crew skill system overhaul a few years ago, so is there any new development regarding that?

@Bareideru Hey - yes, but it's getting postponed because it's a major system that needs a lot of work. Hopefully this year.
[
]
Bob Magilica
:
There are a lot of BP tanks that become premiums that have to be acquired through real money after the BP ends. Are any other methods of obtaining old BP vehicles being considered?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Probably a waste of my 5 minute slowmode timer, but do you happen to know what premiums will be on sale in July?

@Tank Whatever-it-was Yes I do know :slight_smile: But announcing marketing plans ahead is not good business.
[
]
Yeti
:
Can we get a consumable that refill (or partially) the squad member that died?
[
1:35 AM
]
Victastian Blimm
:
Do you get payed enough to suffer this much with us?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Can we expect new infantry types, like ATGM troops, or will they be too cancer? Perhaps for PvE only?

@Doktor Plama That I do not know. The MI focus shifted on controllability. After that, we'll evaluate the change and see what's what.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Do you get payed enough to suffer this much with us?

@Victastian Blimm Yes.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Can we get a consumable that refill (or partially) the squad member that died?

@Yeti Respawn does that, doesn't it?
[
]
ArcLight
:
Type 99 T8 has a BJT-II HEAT shell with 775 pen and comes default on tank when you research it. Type 99 T9 uses that same gun as T8,  BJT-II HEAT shell is hidden behind roughly 120k exp research and has 680 penetration. It is also not acting as tandem shell as description says. Is the bug gonna get fixed?
[
]
TimMardon
:
haha
[
1:36 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

There are a lot of BP tanks that become premiums that have to be acquired through real money after the BP ends. Are any other methods of obtaining old BP vehicles being considered?

@Bob Magilica Not at the moment (save for maybe some contests, but that's a crapshoot). We need to keep making money after all :frowning:
[
]
Dansvp
:
can the dev rework the mortar team for pvp?
[
]
Kraft73
:
Horns planned for the Tanks?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Type 99 T8 has a BJT-II HEAT shell with 775 pen and comes default on tank when you research it. Type 99 T9 uses that same gun as T8,  BJT-II HEAT shell is hidden behind roughly 120k exp research and has 680 penetration. It is also not acting as tandem shell as description says. Is the bug gonna get fixed?

@ArcLight I'll note it down and review it.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

can the dev rework the mortar team for pvp?

@Dansvp Well sure, we can even make them fly. Be more specific.
[
]
[NORGE] The_Viking69
:
but in the real, they have had 130-140 km/h on flat terrain
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Horns planned for the Tanks?

@Kraft73 No. We tried that once, years ago, it was fucking annoying.
[
]
Gassie
:
Any new tank lines after 0.33 for this year? Or is it just re-balancing patches for the rest of the year?
[
1:37 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

but in the real, they have had 130-140 km/h on flat terrain

@[NORGE] The_Viking69 An Abrams without speed governor can go really fast as well. Not very safe. And not a reason to change the max speed of these MBTs.
[
]
E404
:
Will there be changes or love for the wiesel? I know someone answered this earlier ago but will the HOT and the TOW  willy carry optional autocannon turrets?
[
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
is there any plan to rework the flag-holding options for the tanks? currently, it's 9K gold to unlock one flag-holder wich become aivable for each vehicle posessed by the lpayer, with two flag-holder max, but it doesn't seem, due to the high initial cost, to be very popular, maybe considering rewok it (like reducing drastically the initial cost, but having to re-buy the flag-holders for each vehicle posessed)
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any new tank lines after 0.33 for this year? Or is it just re-balancing patches for the rest of the year?

@Gassie Balancing mostly. We have more vehicles planned, we'll see how things go.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will there be changes or love for the wiesel? I know someone answered this earlier ago but will the HOT and the TOW  willy carry optional autocannon turrets?

@E404 Already answered. I'll ask.
[
1:38 AM
]
[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf
:
Once again, will you fix those busses in fourth chapter of Heroic operations ?
[
]
DO YOU KNOW DA WAE?
:
Any plan with adding more experimental , prototypes tanks?
There so many interesting tanks.
[
]
Bareideru
:
Are we getting the mighty Arjun in AW anytime soon? :slight_smile:
[
]
KiryuCoco
:
is there going to be more heroic spec ops besides black sea incursion? need more variety to be honest.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

is there any plan to rework the flag-holding options for the tanks? currently, it's 9K gold to unlock one flag-holder wich become aivable for each vehicle posessed by the lpayer, with two flag-holder max, but it doesn't seem, due to the high initial cost, to be very popular, maybe considering rewok it (like reducing drastically the initial cost, but having to re-buy the flag-holders for each vehicle posessed)

@devon3/glorious_leader It's not, but it was a decision taken by the previous project leader and we unfortunately havet o stick to it. I wouldn't expect changes there, because this would come with a LOT of pain for those who already paid it.
[
]
NoHomeLike192.168.8.1
:
will the RAIRDEN weapon system be reworked for the Warrior? Currently the only thing going for the vehicle is its side armor compared to contemporary vehicles.
[
1:39 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Once again, will you fix those busses in fourth chapter of Heroic operations ?

@[CSGW]Skara_Lone_Wolf Yes, in 0.32 IIRC
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plan with adding more experimental , prototypes tanks?
    There so many interesting tanks.

@DO YOU KNOW DA WAE? Yes
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
You said that the whole Enigma idea was meh, so will we see a more simple spec-op mission chains where the player is just a hired gun protecting people or invading enemy warlords territories?  Will Spec-op mission chains become longer going from 4 missions to something like 5-6 missions.
[
]
야채호빵(samuelchoi)
:
Any plan to see Hyundai lotem jupiter mgs with 120mm gun in game?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are we getting the mighty Arjun in AW anytime soon? :slight_smile:

@Bareideru Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww no
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will the RAIRDEN weapon system be reworked for the Warrior? Currently the only thing going for the vehicle is its side armor compared to contemporary vehicles.

@NoHomeLike192.168.8.1 We need to rebalance a whole lot of other stuff so I'd reckon so. How and when exactly, I do not know.
[
]
Krieger22
:
PvE/Spec Ops faction skins: Are they happening?
[
1:40 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

You said that the whole Enigma idea was meh, so will we see a more simple spec-op mission chains where the player is just a hired gun protecting people or invading enemy warlords territories?  Will Spec-op mission chains become longer going from 4 missions to something like 5-6 missions.

@B1itzdevil The upcoming story is very much under discussion at the moment. With some luck, the developers will like my concepts.
[
]
Snuffy The Seal
:
With the current chapter system, is there any possibility to make it possible to play with platoon-mates on a different chapter than you if you've already completed the set? This can be very aggravating when you rarely get to play together and want to get those juicy x4 bonuses and you and your buddy are not on the same mission.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

PvE/Spec Ops faction skins: Are they happening?

@Krieger22 Could be. Hmm. I always forget to push this.
[
]
Whithedragon01
:
will be overhaul old maps in the future?
[
1:41 AM
]
Doktor Plama
:
Are there any infantry-specific retrofits planned?
[
]
Dansvp
:
Rework the dmg,accuracy,add hi
aim time pretty annoying to dealt with. imo insta 200 dmg on the most armored spot and around 600 on the right spot kinda annoying also how big the calliber on the mortar team?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@B1itzdevil Sorry forgot to answer the second part. Longer chains... probably not, since each extra chain is an individual queue. Longer missions though... hmm, that's something I'd like.
[
]
Kraft73
:
New Tanks with Javelin ATGMs for the future?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

With the current chapter system, is there any possibility to make it possible to play with platoon-mates on a different chapter than you if you've already completed the set? This can be very aggravating when you rarely get to play together and want to get those juicy x4 bonuses and you and your buddy are not on the same mission.

@Snuffy The Seal The current system is not planned to change, at least not for the existing spec ops.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will be overhaul old maps in the future?

@Whithedragon01 Unlikely.
[
]
Bob Magilica
:
IIRC, there was an asian themed PvE mission in the normal rotation that was removed. Will it ever be reintroduced? If not, are there any other PvE missions in development as of now?
[
1:42 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are there any infantry-specific retrofits planned?

@Doktor Plama Perhaps in the future, at the moment - not. Not a bad idea though.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

IIRC, there was an asian themed PvE mission in the normal rotation that was removed. Will it ever be reintroduced? If not, are there any other PvE missions in development as of now?

@Bob Magilica Tiger's Claw, yes, gotta ask about that too.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Rework the dmg,accuracy,add hi
    aim time pretty annoying to dealt with. imo insta 200 dmg on the most armored spot and around 600 on the right spot kinda annoying also how big the calliber on the mortar team?

@Dansvp Accuracy will be reworked partially.
[
1:43 AM
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Will the old factions storyline campaign seasons concept of 2017 where the playerbase decides on which choice/path return at some point in the future?
[
]
Victastian Blimm
:
Can we expect infantry "skins" and "models" in the future, as cosmetics that you have to buy? I think there is a lot of potential there.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will the old factions storyline campaign seasons concept of 2017 where the playerbase decides on which choice/path return at some point in the future?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Hmmm.... in theory. I mean, the future PvE missions are very much under discussion. Would you like that?
[
]
[NORGE] The_Viking69
:
any text of what is coming in update 0.32?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Can we expect infantry "skins" and "models" in the future, as cosmetics that you have to buy? I think there is a lot of potential there.

@Victastian Blimm Possible, but infantry models are harder to acquire than we previously thought.
[
1:44 AM
]
Beeda2004
:
It is planned any change with inventory? to remove delete or sell duplicate skins from contract crates which now you cannot do anything with them same some old vehicle parts, crates...
[
1:44 AM
]
Krieger22
:

whole Enigma idea was meh

So, will there be any interest in resolving any loose plot threads from the Enigma arc?
[
1:45 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

any text of what is coming in update 0.32?

@[NORGE] The_Viking69 You'll see the full patchnotes tomorrow. But, generally: spotting changes, MI improvements, harsher deserter penalty, optimization (if all goes well, a serious one) BMPT Proto overhaul and some QOL improvements
[
]
E404
:
Why is there a difference between the BMD-4 and the BMD-2P in tiers? The BMD-4 has a cannon and its tier 6 while the BMD-2P has a rapid fire cannon and tier 7?
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will the T-80U  get any form of Aps seeing that the t-80s were testbeds for systems like Shtora-1, Arena and Drozd Hard-Kill?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

So, will there be any interest in resolving any loose plot threads from the Enigma arc?

@Krieger22 Not if I have anything to say about it.
[
]
KiryuCoco
:
seems like my question wasn't answered, the question is:

is there going to be more heroic special operations besides just black sea incursion? it's been played to the point that most runners can more or less muscle memory it. going to need some variety.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Why is there a difference between the BMD-4 and the BMD-2P in tiers? The BMD-4 has a cannon and its tier 6 while the BMD-2P has a rapid fire cannon and tier 7?

@E404 Eras. But this decision was taken so long ago I no longer remember
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@B1itzdevil Not to my knowledge
[
1:46 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

seems like my question wasn't answered, the question is:

is there going to be more heroic special operations besides just black sea incursion? it's been played to the point that most runners can more or less muscle memory it. going to need some variety.

@KiryuCoco I answered. I do not know, but unlikely in the near future.
[
1:46 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

It is planned any change with inventory? to remove delete or sell duplicate skins from contract crates which now you cannot do anything with them same some old vehicle parts, crates...

@Beeda2004 Not in the near future either.
[
1:47 AM
]
IronTiger
:
Does Mycom is planning some balance of some tanks like a buff for the Merkava 4M or Leo AX ?
[
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
is it planned to rename chinese MBTs with their "domestic" names? (on chinese MBTs made for domestic use, before the number, there's "ZTZ", and westerners did replace it with the word "type" [exemple: the ZTZ99 is called "type 99" by western sources], as for the export MBTs, they got an "MBTX000" name [exemple, the tank present in the game under "type 90-II" is, according to lots of sources, domestically designated as "MBT2000" or as VT1] )
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Does Mycom is planning some balance of some tanks like a buff for the Merkava 4M or Leo AX ?

@IronTiger No idea what Mycom is planning considering AW does not belong to My.com :slight_smile: But yes, balance changes are planned.
[
1:48 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

is it planned to rename chinese MBTs with their "domestic" names? (on chinese MBTs made for domestic use, before the number, there's "ZTZ", and westerners did replace it with the word "type" [exemple: the ZTZ99 is called "type 99" by western sources], as for the export MBTs, they got an "MBTX000" name [exemple, the tank present in the game under "type 90-II" is, according to lots of sources, domestically designated as "MBT2000" or as VT1] )

@devon3/glorious_leader Would that improve anything, changing stuff that's been in the game for years?
[
]
Yeti
:
Will this qa channel disappear tomorrow? I want to compile the answers soon after. Here is dark so.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will this channel disappear tomorrow? I want to compile the answers soon after. Here is dark so.

@Yeti I'll lock it and leave it read only.
[
1:49 AM
]
kusy
:
Any chance to limiting infantry to pve only? Where is limit to this 'modding', pretty sure even changing "skins" can be really questionable in some cases? CATTB nerf? His mobility, armor and possibility to deal almost 2k dmg in split second makes it still best mbt in the game.
[
1:49 AM
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Are any new vehicle content being released as of 2020 and beyond be from T5 onwards?
[
1:50 AM
]
Krieger22
:
What drove the decision to recast Magnus among others (since he sounds the most obviously recast)? And did the response to that result in his fate in Chapter 4?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any chance to limiting infantry to pve only? Where is limit to this 'modding', pretty sure even changing "skins" can be really questionable in some cases? CATTB nerf? His mobility, armor and possibility to deal almost 2k dmg in split second makes it still best mbt in the game.

@kusy No. Common sense. Not currently planned.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are any new vehicle content being released as of 2020 and beyond be from T5 onwards?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Yes
[
1:51 AM
]
Beeda2004
:
btw how about resurecting some old removed vehcile models like wiesel with 20mm, m113 with autocanon or amx10p?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What drove the decision to recast Magnus among others (since he sounds the most obviously recast)? And did the response to that result in his fate in Chapter 4?

@Krieger22 Vis maior. The earlier actor was no longer available, unfortunately, and we can't get him back. Sometimes, things just happen :frowning:
[
]
Dansvp
:
Any news on the community market? need them gold
[
]
E404
:
Is the TOS-2 Buratino being planned as an artillery unit or its fate leaves unknown?
[
]
Bareideru
:
I still think the Arjun would make for a great tier 5 tank. But, are there any plans to change the current tier system to something more flexible and extensible?
[
1:52 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

btw how about resurecting some old removed vehcile models like wiesel with 20mm, m113 with autocanon or amx10p?

@Beeda2004 Not as easy as that. These vehicles have really old models and adding them now would mean a major overhaul. Not as big as a vehicle from scratch, but big enough for us to rather focus on other stuff. Wiesel with AC is an option to consider.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is the TOS-2 Buratino being planned as an artillery unit or its fate leaves unknown?

@E404 No.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any news on the community market? need them gold

@Dansvp No, not planned currently.
[
]
IronTiger
:
Is there a way to to give feedback to the devolopers , and sry if i ask who is the owner of AW ? :sweat_smile:  And because i saw the timer, i asked that in the last community stream , i wait of a portal to report the massive failure in the german language version do you know something ? :thinking:
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will we get any SBS Pindad type vehicles in the tech tree as a another class of PvE exclusive arty units
[
1:53 AM
]
DO YOU KNOW DA WAE?
:
Did anyone buy 399$ package on webshop? If so, Is it only contains  490, commander cortez, and advanced battle path or is there more inside?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I still think the Arjun would make for a great tier 5 tank. But, are there any plans to change the current tier system to something more flexible and extensible?

@Bareideru We considered a major Tier system overhaul but in the end, it was way WAY too costly and complicated to pull off. We won't be doing another Balance 2.0 ever again.
[
]
Kraft73
:
What is "Юрий Масликов" ingame name?  :laughing:
[
]
KiryuCoco
:
just one more question from me:

with the current focus being asian themed (Korean and Japanese), is the game going to add Korean/Japanese localizations to tap into those markets in the future? Specifically just the texts, better if voices can be added too but I know that cost money.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will we get any SBS Pindad type vehicles in the tech tree as a another class of PvE exclusive arty units

@B1itzdevil We'll first see how Pindad works out but TBH, we don't really need all that many rocket spammers....
[
1:54 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Is there a way to to give feedback to the devolopers , and sry if i ask who is the owner of AW ? :sweat_smile:  And because i saw the timer, i asked that in the last community stream , i wait of a portal to report the massive failure in the german language version do you know something ? :thinking:

@IronTiger For all intents and purposes, you need to talk to either me or Maciek. If you have a localization issue to report, PM me the specifics.
[
1:55 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Did anyone buy 399$ package on webshop? If so, Is it only contains  490, commander cortez, and advanced battle path or is there more inside?

@DO YOU KNOW DA WAE? Yes, they did :slight_smile: And as for the contents, all of them are listed in the bundle's description.
[
1:55 AM
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Any plans being worked out to improve latency for players from East Asia/South East Asia/Oceania regions?
[
1:56 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

just one more question from me:

with the current focus being asian themed (Korean and Japanese), is the game going to add Korean/Japanese localizations to tap into those markets in the future? Specifically just the texts, better if voices can be added too but I know that cost money.

@KiryuCoco Unfortunately, that's extremely unlikely. It's SUPER difficult to localize the game as it is (see, just above you, someone is complaining about German). That kind of expansion with an Amsterdam-only server is unlikely.
[
1:56 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plans being worked out to improve latency for players from East Asia/South East Asia/Oceania regions?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Same as I just answered, this is what we have :frowning: Things are made worse by everyone working home because of the Chinese virus. They should get better in some time.
[
1:58 AM
]
IronTiger
:
I saw the Videos of the new Type 10 is this only a testing version of the Type10 or it is really the Final Version at the current state ? Because when its the final version ,it feel like the CATTB in his first state. (OP) :open_mouth:
[
]
B1itzdevil
:
Will we ever see the addition of "Big Gun" Arty units like the M-1978 Koksan, M107 Self-Propelled Gun or 2S7 Pion, all of which have a gun size larger than the standard 155mm?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I saw the Videos of the new Type 10 is this only a testing version of the Type10 or it is really the Final Version at the current state ? Because when its the final version ,it feel like the CATTB in his first state. (OP) :open_mouth:

@IronTiger It will undergo changes before it goes live.
[
]
Kraft73
:
Any plan for a tank with an MG3 and the good old MG42 sound?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Will we ever see the addition of "Big Gun" Arty units like the M-1978 Koksan, M107 Self-Propelled Gun or 2S7 Pion, all of which have a gun size larger than the standard 155mm?

@B1itzdevil Not currently planned.
[
1:59 AM
]
Rammstein012345
:
will the javelin missiles be reduced in damage in the near future? since with this weapon system the only skill of the player is to know how to mark a target and how to fire the rocket
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plan for a tank with an MG3 and the good old MG42 sound?

@Kraft73 Not currently planned. We can look if we can get it in tho.
[
]
Fírnen
:
Are there any plans to complete Wölfli's TD line with a tier 10?
[
]
Magnus! (Flavio93Zena)
:
Gosh, this channel.... Good luck.
[
2:00 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will the javelin missiles be reduced in damage in the near future? since with this weapon system the only skill of the player is to know how to mark a target and how to fire the rocket

@Rammstein012345 Funny, I have just recently seen players complaining about how much it sucks :slight_smile: I don't think it needs some serious nerfs.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Are there any plans to complete Wölfli's TD line with a tier 10?

@Fírnen Not at the moment,.
[
]
Cody MacArthur Fett
:
You answered earlier today that the the JGSDF tanks that are currently premiums (Type 74, Type 90, Type 10) would not be made into progression tanks. However, with at least some of these vehicles (I'm looking at you, Type 74) many many different versions were produced over the course of its service life, so would it be possible in the future to have variants that are premium and variants that are progression much like what other vehicles like the AMX-30, Merkava, and Leopard 2 currently have going for them?
[
2:01 AM
]
Topper Harley
:
Hi, Would it be possible to give us the possibility to join our mates on any chapter of the spec ops? Anyone could join any chapter without any checks?
[
2:01 AM
]
Rhamnus
:
1 more question from me:
Are there any self-propelled mortars, vehicles like the AMOS or NEMO planned?
[
2:02 AM
]
[IHS]Yxlouvia
:
when we can change the skin of t 14 152 and type99a2 140  is it planned ?  even bot t 14 152s have different camo
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

You answered earlier today that the the JGSDF tanks that are currently premiums (Type 74, Type 90, Type 10) would not be made into progression tanks. However, with at least some of these vehicles (I'm looking at you, Type 74) many many different versions were produced over the course of its service life, so would it be possible in the future to have variants that are premium and variants that are progression much like what other vehicles like the AMX-30, Merkava, and Leopard 2 currently have going for them?

@Cody MacArthur Fett There are some slight modifications to Type 74 (excluding the special Kai model), Type 90 doesn't have different models, neither does Type 10 (except for the prototype with dozer blade). I know you'd like to see an alternative progression branch but that's very unlikely at this point.
[
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:
Can we have new commanders that have skills better suited for other vehicle classes other than MBTs? All the new commanders since 2019 have been pretty much MBT oriented.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Hi, Would it be possible to give us the possibility to join our mates on any chapter of the spec ops? Anyone could join any chapter without any checks?

@Topper Harley Maybe in the future, but not now.
[
2:03 AM
]
lewisdawson1
:
What are the next major technical changes planned for the game (e.g chaning sound, graphics, performance, optimization) etc?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

1 more question from me:
    Are there any self-propelled mortars, vehicles like the AMOS or NEMO planned?

@Rhamnus They got basically shelved. After the Nona test, the results were quite mixed and we decided that they aren't really worth the effort. For now, anyway. It's possible the concept will be revived, but not as a separate class.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What are the next major technical changes planned for the game (e.g chaning sound, graphics, performance, optimization) etc?

@lewisdawson1 Too early to say. We are focusing on fixes for 0.32/0.33
[
2:04 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Can we have new commanders that have skills better suited for other vehicle classes other than MBTs? All the new commanders since 2019 have been pretty much MBT oriented.

@Moufo [+8 GMT] Really? Even Kwon Han?
[
]
E404
:
One of the tread gears of the AMX-50 isn't working, have you seen this issue?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

One of the tread gears of the AMX-50 isn't working, have you seen this issue?

@E404 No. If you PM me a screenshot/video, I can get it to devs.
[
]
Rammstein012345
:
will the spz be reduced in damage at all animal levels? because as mbt you have a chance against the output
[
]
Kraft73
:
Russian - English Ingame Chat Translator planned for the future?
[
2:05 AM
]
devon3/glorious_leader
:
is it planned, during the re-balance of the game content, to buff some MBTs that are a bit obsolete (like the T-72 ural who is at the same level as T-72A, and therefore suffer a bit, or like the leopard 2AV, 2a4, 2a5 and 2a6 who suffer from very low DPM for today's standards)
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

will the spz be reduced in damage at all animal levels? because as mbt you have a chance against the output

@Rammstein012345 Wat
[
]
Doktor Plama
:
I know that this question is boring to you SS, but will we get Nota, Molot or Buntar MBT's in the game? I know that they don't have many unique features, but they look so damn cool... Premium perhaps?
[
]
REMF
:
Any chance of getting an alternative option for direct fire ATGMs on vehicles that currently have Javelin-style top attack?
[
]
Fírnen
:
Any chance to see old vehicles that were removed because of certain reworks, like the AMX-10P, to come back at some point? Maybe as rewards for some permanent mission if they don't fit anywhere on the techtrees?
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Russian - English Ingame Chat Translator planned for the future?

@Kraft73 No - would be pointless. Half of the Russians don't even write proper Russian, but broken slang or tons of typos.
[
2:06 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I know that this question is boring to you SS, but will we get Nota, Molot or Buntar MBT's in the game? I know that they don't have many unique features, but they look so damn cool... Premium perhaps?

@Doktor Plama Perhaps :slight_smile: I can't really unveil upcoming stuff. But yes, Soviet prototypes are cool and we'd like to have them.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any chance of getting an alternative option for direct fire ATGMs on vehicles that currently have Javelin-style top attack?

@REMF Not planned. That would also require serious rebalance of the affected vehicles.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any chance to see old vehicles that were removed because of certain reworks, like the AMX-10P, to come back at some point? Maybe as rewards for some permanent mission if they don't fit anywhere on the techtrees?

@Fírnen Answered before.
[
2:07 AM
]
[IHS]Yxlouvia
:
when we can change the skin of t 14 152 and type99a2 140  is it planned ?  even bot t 14 152s have different camo
[
2:08 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@[IHS]Yxlouvia Not planned at the moment. Neither tank has an existing "skinless" version to my knowledge.
[
2:08 AM
]
Krieger22
:
How has the playerbase as a whole reacted to the overprogression mechanic? Are there more or less players with overprogression unlocks than originally expected?
[
2:09 AM
]
[IINAD]darkrai666
:

@[IHS]Yxlouvia Not planned at the moment. Neither tank has an existing "skinless" version to my knowledge.

@SilentstalkerFTR didnt stop you on the falcon, m60-2k probs some more, so, yeah, would be nice
[
2:09 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

How has the playerbase as a whole reacted to the overprogression mechanic? Are there more or less players with overprogression unlocks than originally expected?

@Krieger22 That's something I don't know from head. The general feedback was okay-ish (the players who "disliked" it the most were those with almost unlimited XP for other unlocks), some were not thrilled. Overprogression for below Tier 10 (with the exception of BP vehicles and Workshop) has bad stats IIRC.
[
2:10 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

@SilentstalkerFTR didnt stop you on the falcon, m60-2k probs some more, so, yeah, would be nice

@[IINAD]darkrai666 Falcon and Sabra had skinless versions in development before. But those were different circumstances that we cannot unfortunately repeat.
[
2:12 AM
]
Moufo [+8 GMT]
:

Really? Even Kwon Han?

Yes, even Kwon Han. Final question, any chance of PvE horde mode as a weekly sort of event to complement the existing wkend spec ops/war games?
[
]
Fírnen
:
This has probably been explained at some point, but what happened to the AMX-50 Surbaisse? It was mentioned in the development post that the AMX-50 would get to switch between the 100mm and a 120mm gun (which I always found odd, since those are basically completely different tanks), but since that dev post I never heard about the 120mm anywhere.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Really? Even Kwon Han?

Yes, even Kwon Han. Final question, any chance of PvE horde mode as a weekly sort of event to complement the existing wkend spec ops/war games?

@Moufo [+8 GMT] It's something we are considering. Not coming in the near future, but.. perhaps.
[
2:14 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

This has probably been explained at some point, but what happened to the AMX-50 Surbaisse? It was mentioned in the development post that the AMX-50 would get to switch between the 100mm and a 120mm gun (which I always found odd, since those are basically completely different tanks), but since that dev post I never heard about the 120mm anywhere.

@Fírnen That was unfortunately a miscommunication based on old plans. The 120mm gun/turret was basically never modeled even though we originally wanted it, another victim of budget management.
[
2:15 AM
]
B1itzdevil
:
What can you tell us about your visions/ideas for the game is without spoiling anything or getting in trouble with the bosses upstairs? This applies to anything from simple UI tweaks, to potential dealer ideas (or additions) to large things like events and Battle Paths?
[
2:16 AM
]
di_duncan
:
I know I might be repeating myself here, but are there any plans to revert/adjust the LFP armor of the high tier (T9-T10) Chinese MBTs? The recent changes have been received well by many who play PvE, but it seems most PvP players (including myself) dislike the [new] easily penetrated LFP (whereas the strong frontal armor was previously one of the standout characteristics of the Chinese MBTs). I'm not sure why, but this single change has drained me of my desire to play AW...
[
2:17 AM
]
Qbicle
:
Any plans for tutorial overhaul? Current version seems too brief and not informative (other than basic MBT gameplay)
[
2:18 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

What can you tell us about your visions/ideas for the game is without spoiling anything or getting in trouble with the bosses upstairs? This applies to anything from simple UI tweaks, to potential dealer ideas (or additions) to large things like events and Battle Paths?

@B1itzdevil At the moment, not much. We are working on some new concepts but nothing is set in stone yet. New stuff always takes time to develop.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

I know I might be repeating myself here, but are there any plans to revert/adjust the LFP armor of the high tier (T9-T10) Chinese MBTs? The recent changes have been received well by many who play PvE, but it seems most PvP players (including myself) dislike the [new] easily penetrated LFP (whereas the strong frontal armor was previously one of the standout characteristics of the Chinese MBTs). I'm not sure why, but this single change has drained me of my desire to play AW...

@di_duncan Revert? No.
[
]
E404
:
thanks for answering about the AMX-50 Issue, ill send a replay file as soon as possible, hopefully you will notice the issue on the tank, this might be my final question, will the M1A1 Storm returns as a contract reward in the future as well as old tanks that were removed from the old versions?
[
2:19 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

Any plans for tutorial overhaul? Current version seems too brief and not informative (other than basic MBT gameplay)

@Qbicle For absolutely new players, this is enough. Otherwise they might be overwhelmed. There is a tutorial for new accounts with more details, not sure if you've seen it (it's not accessible to old ones)
[
2:19 AM
]
[IHS]Yxlouvia
:
is there any plan to optimisation(even rtx 2060 suffers in spec ops), visual update or sound update
[
2:20 AM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:
Alright guys, gotta go for now. I'm gonna lock this channel and leave it below the regular ones as read only so that it doesn't interfere. We can do this again at some point.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:

is there any plan to optimisation(even rtx 2060 suffers in spec ops), visual update or sound update

@[IHS]Yxlouvia Yes. 0.32 has a bunch of optimizations. Super high end stuff for RTX 20series, probably not so much... but it should help.
[
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:
Thanks for your questions, guys.
[
2:50 AM
]
[CM]MaciekM4a4
:

@[IHS]Yxlouvia Full PC spec via PM please.

Spoiler

I suppose it was a bad time for Q&A but promise is a promise. Right now it's sort of a transitional period from the last classic season (Spirithaven) to a new season concept. I think I can say that seasons will get longer with more larger updates per season.

Its nice to see they somewhat allows modding.

Speaking of which, is it technically possible to mod sounds? such as crew dialogues?

36 minutes ago, Austin5125 said:

Speaking of which, is it technically possible to mod sounds? such as crew dialogues?

That would be truly awesome!!!

I would add as future possibly improvements:

add tank barrel circles/stars etc based on player statistics while playing both PVE/PVP;

sound of the engine to be more realistic;

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Terminator83 said:

add tank barrel circles/stars etc based on player statistics while playing both PVE/PVP;

Keep in mind that the mods are on the client side, not on the server one, so adding stars on the barrel based on your statistics will be visible only by you, while the other players will see your tank as not modded and I doubt that it is possible to implement a function like adding the stars or circles right on the barrel, it is possible to edit a camo or a decal, so probably you can edit a decal to display the stars, but in the usual place that decal shows up in every tank, and not on the barrel, and any way you will be the only one that sees them, the other players will see the usual form of that particular decal.

57 minutes ago, Austin5125 said:

We can already do this. :sealofapproval:

19 minutes ago, Terminator83 said:

Likely not, that's way beyond the current limits of modding since there's no API to read player stats from.

Spoiler

Also, as I told, there is no way to have the stars be on the barrel on every tank editing a camo and no way to have the decals show up on the barrel.

I am fine if a player can chose how many circles to have on his barrel as the game grants, if we want, anonymity, we are free to show our stats to all the players, only to the Battalion mates or to make them private, and an further on the mod would only be visible by us, so if a player wants to see a lot of circles on his barrel even if sucks why not? Or he can manually decide how many circles he deserves, any way he will be the only one to see them...

Addendum to the Q&A:

10:49 PM
]
SilentstalkerFTR
:
@here So, a small update. From the questions I promised to investigate, I have three answers:

Can we make Hades reskins more attractive, for example by giving them a credit bonus?

They already have the premium bonus like other premium vehicles do. Besides, it is not difficult to get them, it is just time consuming. So if you don't have money and want some extra premium income - the Hades edition is for you. If you already are a player with other Premium vehicles,  Hades are not that attractive, and it is by design.

Can we fix and return Tiger's Claw PvE mission?

The way it is now, it's a bad PvE map with really low winrate, we don't want to return it because it won't make for good player experience. Returning it might mean nearly a total overhaul worth roughly 70 percent of resources we'd need for a completely new map made from scratch. Probably not worth doing since we can make entirely new maps, but we'll see.

Can we have some infantry retrofits?

Yes. The lead developer has no objections here unless it brakes balance. We will investigate the possibilities to add some.

Spoiler

Actually I liked Tiger Claw, it was a map where the players had to actually use at least part of their brains, that could be done with different approaches, so not so linear and boring as some of the other maps are (Ricochet anyone? only a possible route there, almost all the times the same story).

The fact that the developers don't consider it a good map, for the reason that many PvE players refuse to use their brains, and the developers  baby sit them giving them maps where you can find a way to go and repeat them over and over with a good win rate, does not make me exactly happy.

:megustasealk:

I really feel that PvE can become more challenging, not in the way of having tons of spitfires spam their missiles with god like precision at your weak spots, and if the difficulty rises and so the win rate drops rising the rewards can be the solution. I liked Tiger Claw, I liked the old Snake Bite and I like all the maps where at least a little strategy, skill and coordination are needed to prevail, but if the goal of the devs is to give us easy, linear and boring PvE maps I suppose that I have to accept it, and any way there are the Spec Ops and 2 PvP modes to play when I get bored to play regular PvE missions and I have 10 tiers to chose, so when i get bored probably the main problem is inside me, not outside me.

Well it's the same as with the useless recent SH difficulty adjustments. I think they feel the urge to make it idiot-proof. I'm usually only playing Specops T10 in random MM to at least get a bit of a a challenge but even there it seems to be too easy. There are some difficult specops missions but most of them are way too easy. One thing that baffles me as well is why they aim to have an average PVE winrate of ~85%. With such winrates a win just does not feel like a win. And in most cases it doesn't require much effort to win either, as long as everyone knows how to point and click. That's part of the problem why PVE can become annoying quite fast, apart from predictable bots and predictable maps.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

@TeyKey1 while I share almost the same feeling about PvE, and even if I did not have try SH after the latest changes I disagree with you about them.

I also have gone trough SH with randoms very often and, if going in a platoon with my Battalion there is no problem at all, we get a win rate very close to 100%, with randoms the win rate was sometimes way too low. Having been in platoon with you and having seen your videos I know that you, as player, are top tier, while I don't share the same quality, I am more in some medium one, medium high or medium low I can not tell it for sure, and this can be the reason for our different opinions. It is possible that you, and the few other top tier players, can make the difference and carry a SH operation with randoms getting a win rate that is not an automatic win, but is also not a frustrating streak of losses, for me going alone, at least in the 3rd and 4th Spes OP, boils to loose until I am finally in a party with at least 2 other over the average players and 2 not completely not useful ones. 

Now if the Spec Ops should be by design something that is possible to beat only in platoon or, for not unicorns, when finally, after trying maybe for 2 hours, you finally find a party with other players that know what to do and have the skill to do it, thing that is over the average PvE population, or something that is possible also with randoms for a good, but not top tier, player is something that can be debated. 

And it is something that is also very related to the regular PvE as if the quality of some PvE players is so low is also because of choices made by the developers. They have improved something, they are slowly starting to give us bots with at least a little intelligence in their AI scripts, instead of seeing lemming trains of bots rushing to the caps and spamming AGTM like in the past now we see some bot using actively the dead tanks as protection. But still the regular PvE is too predictable and easy, maps that compel to use some brain and have some tactic like the old Snake Bite or Tiger claw have been removed or changed in an easier and more predictable way, there is little effort in making the bots less predictable, as we have different cap points in Frostbite we could have different spawn points in almost every PvE mission so the party should adapt to what the bots do that particular run instead making the mission less predictable and boring.

The win rate would probably drop, but the rewards can be increased to balance it, and having an easy mode, that at least at high tiers is very seldom played, would finally have a sense, who wants to win easy could use it and who wants at least some challenge in PvE could use the hardest one. Those changes would compel us as players to improve, not the single, but the average level, as too point and click and predictable missions encourage not improving at all, as require only to learn some proved tactics for every mission and repeat them over and over. Then, with a PvE population that has improved, because the regular missions are designed to be less predictable as possible, I am completely fine with Spec Ops that are really hard to beat with randoms, but not now as now we don't have that kind of average populations, we have a lot of players that do 10K dmg at T10 with their MBT in a +30 bots mission, that go TD mode with their arty and die in the first 2 minutes, that stay in the back with their Sphinx, not spotting and doing few and so on.

The level of difficulty of the whole PvE should be rised, not spamming more bots or AGTM vehicles, but making the bots less predictable, but until it has been done, if ever will be done, probably to tone down a little the Spec Ops was needed as not all the players are in Battalions, not all the players can or want to do them in platoon and very few players are good enough to carry in them, at least the T9-10 ones, for the T8 or less ones i don't see problems in doing it.

Can we fix and return Tiger's Claw PvE mission?

The way it is now, it's a bad PvE map with really low winrate, we don't want to return it because it won't make for good player experience. Returning it might mean nearly a total overhaul worth roughly 70 percent of resources we'd need for a completely new map made from scratch. Probably not worth doing since we can make entirely new maps, but we'll see.

Moving cap positions slightly to more accessible to shoot positions (speaking of TD/AFV) is such overhaul and worthy 70% of resources worth a new map.

I guess it is like the changing timers or logic on frostbite is worth one battle path development.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:06 AM, TeyKey1 said:

Well it's the same as with the useless recent SH difficulty adjustments. I think they feel the urge to make it idiot-proof. I'm usually only playing Specops T10 in random MM to at least get a bit of a a challenge but even there it seems to be too easy. There are some difficult specops missions but most of them are way too easy. One thing that baffles me as well is why they aim to have an average PVE winrate of ~85%. With such winrates a win just does not feel like a win. And in most cases it doesn't require much effort to win either, as long as everyone knows how to point and click. That's part of the problem why PVE can become annoying quite fast, apart from predictable bots and predictable maps.

why not try pvp, i heard it is is all about pain, taste of victory and challenge ....

25 minutes ago, dfnce said:

why not try pvp, i heard it is is all about pain, taste of victory and challenge ....

I'm mainly a PVP player actually since closed beta :snrk: Problem is that PVP is quite a dead mode sometimes. Additionally I like to play Specops (which I started to play because of the crates you get and the story). For me it's simply a miracle why my.games aims to get an average 85% WR in PVE. Problem with PVE currently is, as I said, that bots are too stupid. I know we shouldn't expect miracles in this regard but currently difficulty is only achieved by giving the players more HP to shoot at. Which leads to a crucial problem: DPM-Machines become necessary and perform best in each PVE match, while everything else gets worse the higher the difficulty gets. Which leads to a mode you simply can't balance properly. If you take two equal players and give one a Leo Evo and the second one a Termi 2017 it's a pretty safe bet to say the termi is going to perform better in 99% of the cases.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, BumbaX said:

I also have gone trough SH with randoms very often and, if going in a platoon with my Battalion there is no problem at all, we get a win rate very close to 100%, with randoms the win rate was sometimes way too low.

Yeah my PVE winrate is quite embarassing actually because of this, the 30 losses on T10 SH ch4 alone before the adjustments killed my winrate. But it was still quite more fun because a win actually felt like an achievement. (apart from loosing faith in humanity)

On 5/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, BumbaX said:

The win rate would probably drop, but the rewards can be increased to balance it, and having an easy mode, that at least at high tiers is very seldom played, would finally have a sense, who wants to win easy could use it and who wants at least some challenge in PvE could use the hardest one.

I'm exactly thinking of this. For me this would make a lot more sense.

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

People would just skip the map, like they usually did before.  It was a *miserable* experience, that relied way, way too much on the matchmaker regarding what vehicles it gave you, and if your team of randoms didn't screw you over.

@Komitadjie you are certainly right, that would happen again. But that happened because there are basically 2 tiers of maps, the easy, boring, linear ones (named the bad ones in this post) and the ones that compel to use some brain, tactic and coordination (the good ones here).

Now what happens to the good ones, 2 of them, Tiger Claw and the old Snake Bite, have been removed or completely changed to an easy and linear version and 2 of them, maybe 3 remain. Riding party, that is not so difficult after all, but is the less linear, the party can decide to stay together or split and has complete freedom of choosing what gates destroy first, killing or not killing the bots there by the way, and you must have some tactic or a very good dpm to do it before the timer expires, and Tsunami, the 3rd possible is Harbinger, that is perfectly possible, also with randoms and without MBTs but needs at least a spotter vehicle or MBT that knows what to do to survive the first BOTs swarm.

All the other maps are very linear, Leviathan, the most rewarding, included as also there you have to run from a cap to the other, you can even loose caps and as long as someone is alive the mission is won as the bots in the middle don't really fire at the Aurora missile. Ricochet has been changed to utterly linear and boring, and was one of the few maps that gave to the party options of different tactics and Frost Bite still is often lost if the second cap is the far one as most of the players, after years, still fail to understand that to cap 1 before sending someone to defend the far 2 is not safe as after many bots spawn in between. And this happens because the players in PvE are baby sit and encouraged to use less brain then the one an average ape can use.

So I agree with you, Tiger Claw needed too much brain compared to how the average of the maps need, discouraged players, was deserted and had to be removed, even if there was an hope that the players not skipping it would have learned how to play it. But if it is in a trend of making the PvE more easy, or at least less tactical, basing the difficulty only on the number of the BOTs and their magic abilities, like to fire rockets at weak spots of moving tanks with 100% accuracy, ignore many module destruction and so on, or it is in a trend of having the bad maps re howled to be less linear and more challenging because they need some tactic, some understanding of how to beat them and not only learn an easy way and following it all the times (thing that defeats even the Heroic difficulty) makes all the difference.

If Tiger Claw is temporarily removed because the players are not ready for it (and on the lower difficulty it was not so hard, and this brings the other problem, we don't have and hard and easy PvE setting, we have an easy and an idiot level*  that also is almost not played) in a trend that makes the bad maps more challenging, tactical and interesting i am fine with it. But as it seems that is removed forever in a trend that makes the other maps more easy and linear i am not happy of it. I am also personally not happy of the change in the match making that now make impossible to play without at least a MBT in the party as even if I did not have a high win rate for me was very satisfying to beat maps like Harbinger and Riding Party with all squishy tanks, and I have done it many times, only Tsunami is border line to impossible in that way, unless at least 2 of those squishy are a couple of Ramka or T15 that know how to play their tanks.

As @TeyKey1 wrote it is not every time possible to play the PvP modes, acceptable queue times happens only in some hours and some players are so far from the server that their high ping make to play PvP almost impossible, so to tell: "you want challenge? go PvP is not an answer to the PvE problems, is is not always possible and PvE should be challenging in its own way, even if not a dumb one, for those that can not or for some reason don't want to play PvP.  It can be way more then an almost infinite, but easy and boring way to grind.

*NOTE: I am not assuming that those that like to play the easier PVE difficulty are idiots, there are many possible reasons to do it and there is nothing wrong in doing it. My intention is not to judge other people, only to point out how the easiest mode is so easy and almost not used.

The problem being that you have no control over your team-mates actions in Randoms, nor over the matchmaking.  And when you get a set of vehicles that is totally unsuitable for the map, or a bunch of useless team-mates, it's not *fun*.  Working your butt off to try and carry a crap team, then losing anyway sucks.  

In terms of PLATOON play, Tiger Claw was just fine - You can actually make sure you brought a couple heavy MBTs for cap-2.  You can make sure you give them the time to get into position before you trigger that first cap that's basically a booby trap to lose with a rando team that grabs it (completely without warning from the game that you might need to be somewhere else in just a few seconds) before your MBTs can get in to protect the second cap.  And sometimes literally being *blocked out* of the final cap by the number of corpses you've generated trying to defend it, then losing because you can't even get *to* the Bradley that's buried in wrecks in there was no fun what-so-ever.  

I'm not against maps that make you think, I would just contend that they don't belong in randoms, where you have no control over your team composition or actions.  Those missions are not fun at all, because it's basically a roll of the dice if you win or lose, before the mission even starts.

I agree with you and TC shared the same thing of Frostbite, must avoid to cap 1 early to win. But the fact that with randoms I had almost always some one running in cap 1 in TC and still happens in FB is a clue about having a problem that can not be ignored. I mean, when there is people that ask in chat to don't do it, when you are playing at T10, so with people that has gone trough the grind and so has played that mission so many times and still it happens almost every time we have some kind of problem, even a little baby learns that is better to don't touch the flame of a candle after the first time that he gets burned, but here we (as average of the players) are at a level of intelligence of some night insects that just can't avoid to fly near a lamp and get burned by it, 100% primordial instinct and 0% usage of brain and learning from experience.

Why this happens? IMO it happens because most of the PvE maps are designed to be played with primordial instinct only,

"i see da bot, i shot da bot"    :apseal:

too linear, too easy to beat once you learn a couple of tactics that work for you, i can safely snipe from that spot and so on. So if the players seem to be not able to deal with maps that need some (very basic) tactic, like send some one to defend a cap before you cap the previous, probably it is due to developers decisions, as i refuse to think that the bulk of AW players are idiots with a 30 IQ, so I am not happy when I read that maps that require some basic tactic and party coordination are completely removed, when I see decent maps transformed in boring one way only corridors like happened to Ricochet or are completely changed to an easy form like in Snake Bite.

We have no control over our team mates with randoms, but the developers can have a lot of control on how we, on average, use our brains, giving us missions that compel us to use them or linear and more boring ones that allow us an artificially too high win rate, and I am not found of the way the developers use it, it seems to me that they prefer a short time result, making our life easier, but more boring, instead a long term one, compelling us to learn how to think tactically and collaborate, and giving us in the end missions more fun to play. And it has to be done making the easy and linear missions less linear and boring, not having a bunch of easy missions and only a couple that require brain, other way it is sure that those missions will be skipped or lost almost every time you go with randoms, this is why i am fine with removing temporarily TC, but I am not fine to have it discarded forever.

I really think that the PvE mode has some potential to be more interesting and challenging, maybe not as the PvP ones as AI is somehow always exploitable while human players make each battle unique, but still a lot better then now. But even if i have seen something in this directions, now some bots use dead tanks as cover and show some sign of intelligent actions, while some times ago we had mostly bot lemming trains to the caps spamming AGTM, i don't see the same care in how the maps are dealt with, with the ones that had some potential to be interesting discarded or changed to an easier version and no change to the linear and easy ones to make them more challenging.

EDIT: Cerebrus is an other of the few examples where the missions are made more interesting as now we can have the bots push forward or stay more in the back, when you start the mission you don't know for sure how you have to play it, you have to react to what the bots do. This to tell that not all the changes that the developers do are in i wrong direction, i see when a change in the right one is done and i give credit to it.

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)