Sign in to follow this  
SmegHedd117

Why can't we have the Arty buffs that are in GIOPS, in PvE?

Like the title says, "Why can't we have the Arty buffs that are in GIOPS, in PvE?" I mean, seriously The bots seem like they get Off-Board arty half the time! A LOT of us LEFT PvP because of the TOXIC playerbase that exists there, And until it VASTLY improves, I have NO intention of going back! So, We, In PvE, would like to play with the "Nice Toys" too! And, IF you're "holding them back" just to get us to play PvP? Well, I for one, DON'T want the "New Toys" THAT bad! You can stick 'em where the sun don't shine in that case!

Moved to Metagame, since none of this are actual upcoming changes. -H

Edited by Haswell
Moved to Metagame (see edit history)

And no more in GLOPS by the way as arty was introduced only for a short time in them for testing and if will return there or not is uncertain.

So, even if i fail to see the sense of the OP post, as "Why can't we have the Arty buffs that are in GIOPS, in PvE?" imply that the arty is now in GLOPS and that that the arty changes done to make arty GLOPS ready are not also working in PvE, and both the things are not true, i assumed that the OP referred to those changes when he did talk of arty buffs.

If receiving new ammo types, that by the way use a separate reload time, you can swap to the new ammo types and fire without slowing your reload of the regular HE ammo, that have some (little) damaging capability, some de capping one, more noticeable, and some protective one, almost not useful in PvE, is or is not a buff is something we can debate. For me as they add more capability to the arty, allow to increase the damage done, and if you place a phosphor round where 3 or 4 bots sit, if the rest of the party don't kill them fast, does some noticeable damage, and the aoe of that round is much larger then the HE splash and continues for many seconds so it is more useful to de cap blind IMO it is a buff. The counter of every bot that is in that aoe or that dirves into it while the phosphor fire is active is reset and some arty have then, immediately, 3 or 4 HE rounds to cover the rest of the cap area, it is much easier for an arty now to reset a cap that is filled with bots, both if you front liners spot them, but can not hit them easily while surviving or if no one is spotting.

but if for you buff is only some improvement in the stats, like more resistant armor, lower reload time or more penetration and damage, then the changes are only new features and not buffs.

Arty will return to GLOPS, only a matter of time: 

For the future, we’d like to keep the Self-Propelled Gun class as a part of Global Operations

from: https://aw.my.games/en/news/general/artillery-global-operations-results

But to make arty viable for GLOPS there need to be more changes. Let's see what happens in the meantime

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Yes, it was introduced for testing purposes and their intention is to bring it back to GLOPS, let's see if it will happen and with which changes.

Bu I was only commenting on what the OP wrote, stating that the buffs (or new rounds, does not matter) was the same for PvE and GLOPS and that at now arty is no more available in GLOPS, while the OP assumed the opposite in both cases.