Haswell

Garage Switching: Using Any (Existing) Garage You Want

Short and simple, don't even have to unpack anything for this.

1. Navigate to where the garages are stored. There are two folders, one containing "normal" garages and the other one for holidays and other special occasions.

uBdsX8N.png

2. Identify the name of the garage you are currently using. For simplicity's sake I'll be using the "simplified" garage to make things consistent. This is named gar_white.

im27Chq.png

UY6RORM.png

3. Exit the game, rename your current garage to a backup name, then rename the garage you want into what your current garage is called. It would be helpful to backup all the names before you do this.

2efdCRD.png

4. Assuming nothing goes wrong, load back into the game and enjoy your new (old) garage!

dbX15PX.png

Note that there's a possibility some of the garages are used purely for debugging purposes, namely gar_eeu_lean or gar_geom_thumbnail. They might not work properly, but you can always revert your changes if they turn out to be broken.

• Upvote 6

Spoiler

Damn that's cool. Gotta get my missed old garage back for some nostalgia :snrk:

I checked out all the options:

Gar Folder:
gar_season_02 = Arabian Nights
gar_season_03 = Moscow Calling
gar_season_04 = American Dream
gar_season_05 = Spirithaven
gar_outdoor = Old premium garage
gar_base = Old garage
gar_geom_thumbnail = Dev debug/testing garage (not working)
gar_eeu_lean = Dev debug/testing garage (leads to gamecrash)
Promo Folder:
gar_china = chinese new year garage (old-premium garage style)
gar_china_spring_festival = chinese spring festival (nearly same as gar_china with some more red colors and different texts)
gar_china_unniversary = Not quite sure what event this was (Alabino style with big screens, some gifts as well old premium garage style)
gar_holiday = Crashes game
gar_holiday_02 = Hallowheen garage
gar_holiday_03 = christmas
gar_holiday_04 = some russian holiday
gar_holiday_05 = Same garage as gar_china_unniversary
gar_holiday_06 = Breaks the game
gar_nevada = Breaks the game

@Haswell Would you mind if I share this on AWtactics? It is a fairly easy "mod" so I think lots of people would be happy about it.

Edited by TeyKey1 (see edit history)
  • Upvote 3

Spoiler

fdassdaas.jpg.c709df3e98adc5265f232fe9458a3043.jpg

Go right ahead, everyone should benefit from free cosmetic mods.  :wubseal:

Spoiler

Thank you guys!

Even if I like more the old garage, not much for a nostalgia factor, I just prefer it from an aesthetic point of view, I don't think that I will revert back to it as I don't care much about how garage looks, while I think that the whole garage UI was easier and more intuitive to navigate into, now some functions, like ie enabling or disabling the recording, are somehow hidden. But as it reverts only the garage background and not the whole UI I am fine with the present one.

Still it will be probably VERY useful for me in some special situation, i remember how the continuous fireworks noise, probably in a new year special garage, drove me almost crazy as I was waiting in long queues or doing stuff in the garage, to be able to revert to a silent garage as a noisy one is active for me is really a big plus, not only an aesthetic concern that after all i don't care much about as the aesthetic change is only apparent to me, but the removal of a very annoying for me sound feature.

While having changes apparent to all the players would be really appreciated, like to have dedicated battalion camo that you can use when you platoon or do ranked battles with your battalion mates, but as it would need a change on the server side it is obviously impossible, even if I think that a single camo for each battalion, working in all the environments and allowed only for battalions that  have at least 10 members, to avoid that every player creates his 1 man only battalion just to wear his special camo, probably is a thing that could be implemented and would not overload too much the server side of the game. 

Edited by BumbaX (see edit history)

Hmm, are you running the SD client by any chance? I vaguely recall something about the outdoor garage only working if you use the HD client, but I might be confusing WoT with AW here.

Or maybe it's your graphic settings, can you see what happens if you set everything to max (or close to it)?

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Hmm, are you running the SD client by any chance? I vaguely recall something about the outdoor garage only working if you use the HD client, but I might be confusing WoT with AW here.

Or maybe it's your graphic settings, can you see what happens if you set everything to max (or close to it)?

Yeah SD client, I'm guessing that is the issue, 

17 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Yes, it still works.

Thanks! I'll test some stuff and post some new pics! <3

So here's an Imgur album with screenshots of the garages

https://imgur.com/a/zibkFV7

From TeyKey1:

Gar Folder:
gar_base = Old garage
gar_geom_thumbnail = Dev debug/testing garage (blank screen, nothing selectable, see screenshot) (Very cool war drums though!)
gar_eeu_lean = Dev debug/testing garage (leads to a game crash)
gar_outdoor = Old premium garage

gar_season_02 = Arabian Nights
gar_season_03 = Moscow Calling
gar_season_04 = American Dream
gar_season_05 = Spirithaven
gar_season_06 = Apocalypse (Famine)
gar_season_07 = Apocalypse (Plague)
gar_season_08 = Exodus and the new default Garage (Waterfall)
Promo Folder:
gar_china = chinese new year garage (old-premium garage style)
gar_china_spring_festival = chinese spring festival (nearly same as gar_china with some more red colors and different texts)
gar_china_unniversary = Not quite sure what event this was (Alabino style with big screens, some gifts as well old premium garage style) [sic]
gar_holiday = Leads to a game crash
gar_holiday_02 = Halloween garage
gar_holiday_03 = Christmas
gar_holiday_04 = Unknown Russian holiday
^ (Currently as of the time of writing, all of these lead to game crashes, but that might just be a me problem

gar_holiday_05 = Five Year Anniversary Garage with presents, sparklers and screens showing your vehicle
gar_holiday_06 = Victory Day 
gar_nevada is not yet implemented 

Season 6-8, and Nevada is new info added by me

Edited by Edward
Formatting (see edit history)
  • Upvote 1