Sign in to follow this  
mutsami

Opinions on best tier 8 premium after 0.33?

Like the title says, I was wondering if you got any input on the most competitive tier 8 premium for PVE grinding and money making. If the vehicle is good at pvp then bonus points.

Now that armor is homogenized, some MBT's like the falchon and vickers received MASSIVE armor buffs, meaning their whole UFP is now immune (it was green before).

Its really hard for me to decide, I mainly look at survivability for PVE content.

The Revolution tank seems very nice too but its HEAT frontal profile worries me a bit. 

:redbeardseal:

In my experience, all of the T8 MBTs are kind of soft, though I haven't played most of them since the patch.  So this isn't really what you're looking for - I can only give advice based on 0.32.

The best one overall (again in my experience) isn't a Premium - it's the Merkava Mk 3 Baz.

The T-72B3 is also really solid, though you have to keep your enemy straight on front when playing it.  Its sides are weak.

The VT4 was also better than expected... "than expected" because the Type 96B is so weak armor-wise.

Finally if you like the Chally style of play, the Al Hussein has stout armor.  Gun is terrible, but the armor is solid - or at least it was.

BMPT-2000 didnt lose any DPM (compared to every other BMPT) and it has the tier 9 APFSDS and better ATGM's, in fact its outright better then the Terminator 2 these days.

8 hours ago, knutliott said:

because the Type 96B is so weak armor-wise.

Add in that there is no APS to be seen and no ERA means that there is no chip damage, it's either all or nothing for damage from ATGM.

If you are looking for a tier 8 that is readily available as of right now as I'm typing.

For an MBT, the Revo is nice.  Yeah, post 0.33 it is picky about certain things but it is consistant and would be a solid go to in my book for a premium MBT.

AFV's, you have the Marauder and the BMPT.  The former you can get from the store, the latter you have to get on sale...

For a light tank, the ASCOD is okay, but you have to pick and choose.

If you are willing to open up the envelope a bit and want to get other than a tier 8, then the options open up quite a bit.

"If you were not birthed with claws or fangs, store bought will do just fine."

You should try now that Abrams AIM, the thing can actually tank like pro and deal damage with reliable HEAT, and it has nice gun handling, can you believe that ?

Thanks for the input all, I ended up getting a challenger 1 falcon. My main issue when looking at which premium to get was the novelty factor. While the t72b3 is more flexible all around I find it abit bland, since i have the t80-b which has similar performance.

The deciding factor was that the tank would be good into degenerate ATGM spam : which it is with its best in class 4100 hp, unmanned turret and ridiculous post 0.33 frontal armor. 

Accuracy is also best in class, beating many other MBT's at 0.90 with HEAT ! Biggest downside is its acceleration - even with commander and retrofit it does indeed feel slow but once you get past 30km its pretty fast. The whole 6 rounds in the chamber take 18 secs to reload, and it lets you do some pretty cool with it, finish multiple low hp enemies or burst down high treat single targets. Downside is that if sustained dps is required there are better options, but I often outperform even higher MBT's in damage due to how Pve encounters work (4-5 enemies spawn at each 300 meters).

The accuracy allows you to hit lower plates consistently and the MP round means that you always do damage - incredibly usefull vs hulldown armatas and terminators (turrets take 250-300 damage per shot and can get ammo racked). Its abit sleeper OP because 18secs divided by 6 rounds gives it a whopping 3 second reload per shell (which is absurd) so you get really high burst and the downtime is not that bad for that large of a clip.

All in all im enjoying it, took some getting used to, and while you will take many penetrating shots, the HP pool means you will outlast other MBT's that have 3200-3500 hp! EDIT: if more then a few are interested I will be making a full review and comparison with some gameplay. :wubseal:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mutsami (see edit history)

On 10/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, mutsami said:

Its abit sleeper OP because 18secs divided by 6 rounds gives it a whopping 3 second reload per shell (which is absurd) so you get really high burst and the downtime is not that bad for that large of a clip.

You're forgetting to add the intra-clip delay.  I don't have a Chally Falcon so don't know what it is, but without adding that you're not getting a true picture of its "OP-ness".

Also as I recall it doesn't do partial reloads, correct?  I.e. the reload is 18 seconds whether you've fired 1 shell or all 6 shells?

2 hours ago, knutliott said:

You're forgetting to add the intra-clip delay.  I don't have a Chally Falcon so don't know what it is, but without adding that you're not getting a true picture of its "OP-ness".

Also as I recall it doesn't do partial reloads, correct?  I.e. the reload is 18 seconds whether you've fired 1 shell or all 6 shells?

yeah it runs on a drum system, the base reload is 18 seconds regardless of the amount of shells loaded. back before 0.33 it had a 8 round drum and a 24 second reload but the armor was full green.

Edited by LeoAegisMaximus (see edit history)