Nihtwaco

Merc on Vacation

It states get 5 kills in one day. it does not specify that they have to be in one battle. After two days I believe it is bugged or a gross misstatement as it takes five kills in one battle to advance the circle progress indicator each day.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, Nihtwaco said:

Just want new folks to get this message to avoid frustration.

If a new player is getting frustrated by 5 kills in 1 battle (which is not unusual given limited DPM at low tiers) try T3 M113 ACAV, which can 1-shot most bots in standard mode. Deploy an AT infantry squad from the troop compartment, and you should get there no problem.

Cheers and good luck.

DVC, QR

These have always been "do X in 1 battle" in the past, so I didn't even notice that the wording had changed slightly.  It's a UI or translation error and is almost certainly working as intended.  You need 5 kills in 1 battle in PvE.  It really isn't that hard except right around the start of the "day" for purposes of the event.  That's when a lot of people are out trying to get their 5 kills for the day, so it can be a bit more competitive.  Just wait and do it a few hours after the start of the event day and it'll be easy.

Another problem for low-tier new players is that there are fewer bots in those missions in general.  All it takes is 1 good player getting 10+ kills and it's entirely possible that no one else in the mission will be able to get 5.

On the first day of this event, I used my CV90 Mk IV to make sure I could get 5 kills.  Got them very quickly, then tried to back off and let other people get kills too.  But the rest of the players were so bad that I ended up with 15 kills, someone else got to 7, and that was it.  No one else got 5.  I felt bad, but I was honestly trying to let other people get kills and they just weren't doing it.  I'm not going to leave an enemy alive if that enemy is shooting at me.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, knutliott said:

CV90 Mk IV to make sure I could get 5 kills.  Got them very quickly, then tried to back off and let other people get kills too.  But the rest of the players were so bad that I ended up with 15 kills, someone else got to 7, and that was it.  No one else got 5. 

Yeah, I usually ask at the start of a low-tier match if anyone needs their 5... if so, I try to help them out.  I remember using a dakka-dakka to shave a bunch of bots down to ~ 100 HP on Sapphire, and the poor low-tier guy still couldn't bag 5 of them... kept running away from the hobbled bots.  Sigh.

DVC, QR